oneBoro Forum

The remaining 15 fixtures

5 hours ago, SmogDane said:

So - All you Nostradami out there .. How many points will we gain from the last 19 games and in which games will we pick up the points! Use the schedule below.

Middlesbrough

Brentford

-

Derby

Middlesbrough

-

Middlesbrough

Huddersfield

-

Reading

Middlesbrough

-

Middlesbrough

Bristol City

-

Middlesbrough

Cardiff

-

Coventry

Middlesbrough

-

Swansea

Middlesbrough

-

Middlesbrough

Stoke

-

Middlesbrough

Preston

-

Millwall

Middlesbrough

-

Bournemouth

Middlesbrough

-

Middlesbrough

Watford

-

Barnsley

Middlesbrough

-

Middlesbrough

QPR

-

Rotherham

Middlesbrough

-

Middlesbrough

Sheffield Wed

-

Luton

Middlesbrough

-

Middlesbrough

Wycombe

57 points + 40 we already hve

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m sorry to say that pessimism is my overriding opinion on the last 19 fixtures. With 57 points to play for I just can’t see us getting any more than 44. I know... I know  In other more obvious

I hope your right but with all due respect, I’ll abstain from witnessing the event 

40 points with +6 GD. 30 goals scored would have put 20/21 us in the following places the last few years. I'm only showing how many points we need to be in the play-offs here so if our GD wouldn't pul

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

image.png.d0517924ca7f2a262236bcd2c4cd2df8.png

for me I think we'll need to turn some of my draws into wins to go any higher

It's interesting because by and large I think we all end up with the bottom couple playoff spots being somewhere in the 60s, point wise, which would be a historic low for points needed to make the playoffs. 61 points for a playoff spot would be record breaking I think.

1 hour ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I had the same, 6th place for Boro on 64 points and Bournemouth missing out with Norwich and Brentford in the two Auto spots.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SmogDane said:

I am optimistic! We will end up in the top 6 for sure. NW knows his business and the new players will improve us enough!

And at least 1 of the current top 6 teams will do a Derby .. 

Bournemouth have appointed Woody as caretaker manager ... 😄

the 4 new players all have promotion experience so I'm more than optimistic...Just hope they gel quickly

I prefer to look at the teams around us and judge who i reckon will be around the play offs come end of play. We are 1 point off  the playoffs as things stand and i feel like we have massively improved our squad this month.. I dont fear many of the teams below us but look at what teams above us could slip up. Bournmouth are on a really poor run of form and i feel like reading might drop down a few places. Just hope we get a good run together sooner than later to give us a good chance. UTB

We are only two points off 6th so not a massive job but there are a lot of teams in the pack.

I expect us to improve our points per game probably to about 1.7 points per game. Don’t think it will be enough.

the big thing might be where we drop points rather than just the amount dropped

23 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

No way will 61 points get 6th place I'm afraid

This is what I'm saying; in basically every single one of our predictors, 6th place has been between 60 and 64 points. I don't think that's ever happened before. I wonder whether it's a possibility this season, or if we're just all terrible at guessing in apparently exactly the same way?

I didn't even have us coming 6th and I still had the 6th place team somewhere between 61 and 64 points.

My guess is everyone possibly has Norwich and Brentford winning every game basically which might lower the point totals of the bottom play off places.

Interesting predicted table.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/middlesbrough/league-table/predicted

They have Watford dropping out whereas I think most of us have predicted Bournemouth dropping out to make way for Boro.

nb. Click on the predicted results at the bottom for exact detail of where they see the points coming from.

5 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Interesting predicted table.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/middlesbrough/league-table/predicted

They have Watford dropping out whereas I think most of us have predicted Bournemouth dropping out to make way for Boro.

nb. Click on the predicted results at the bottom for exact detail of where they see the points coming from.

It predicts us to beat Brentford 1-0 which is...optimistic I'd say!

For anyone that doesn't want to work it out for themselves it has us going: 11W 4D 4 L across the final 19 games.

Thinks we'll lose to Reading, Swansea, Bournemouth & Rotherham.

Has 6th place on 77 points which seems much more realistic though!

• Like 1