oneBoro Forum

The remaining 15 fixtures

8 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

That was before we recruited 4 experienced troops, that have done it before, the quality is there now...that's my feeling anyway

No room for optimism according to most.......🤣

15 wins and 4 draws should be enough!

• Like 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m sorry to say that pessimism is my overriding opinion on the last 19 fixtures. With 57 points to play for I just can’t see us getting any more than 44. I know... I know  In other more obvious

I hope your right but with all due respect, I’ll abstain from witnessing the event 

40 points with +6 GD. 30 goals scored would have put 20/21 us in the following places the last few years. I'm only showing how many points we need to be in the play-offs here so if our GD wouldn't pul

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

That was before we recruited 4 experienced troops, that have done it before, the quality is there now...that's my feeling anyway

Love your confidence and positivity keep it up buddy 👏

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

We gotta win about 11 of the next 19 games to be in with a chance. 

That is the stark reality of it.

We're currently on 40 points. 10 wins would take us to 70. 5 draws on top of that ought to make a top 6 place certain.

So really, we can only afford to lose 4 of our remaining fixtures.

Somehow I just don't see it happening.

4 hours ago, Snake said:

Lets face facts by selecting the worst run of 5 games we've had all season....

.....and he's off!

Off to what Snake? See I don’t believe they were our worst five games because I think in some we were good enough to win at least 2 or 3 of them. What I did highlight was our points, inconsistency over the past five games. So what is your point exactly? What are you trying to convey, speak up snake, say something and support your theory.  

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, Borodane said:

We're only two points off the playoffs with 57 points to play for, so of course we're still talking about it. Bournemouth are on a terrible run themselves, have sacked their manager and currently have Woodgate as one of those calling the shots.

Not denying it is possible and I’d be pleased to see us in the playoffs and dare I say, win them. But we have been awfully inconsistent and the players brought in will, I expect take time to both gel and get match fit. Now had we done well with signings at the season start I believe we would have cemented a play in the playoffs all season. 

1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

Well you better start getting the trophy in shape if you are going to show it off. A kind of panto, yes he will, no he won’t build up to the big reveal. 

2 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Well you better start getting the trophy in shape if you are going to show it off. A kind of panto, yes he will, no he won’t build up to the big reveal. 

Oh ye of little faith

• Like 1

40 points with +6 GD. 30 goals scored would have put 20/21 us in the following places the last few years. I'm only showing how many points we need to be in the play-offs here so if our GD wouldn't pull us into the top 6 with equal points I'm adding an extra point on. As it is right right now, where we have a 2 point gap but we'd still be behind Bournemouth on GD.

So we're currently 3 points and one position off the play-offs in 2021:

2019/20: 10th, 3 points off play-offs
2018/19: 8th, 3 points off play-offs
2017/18: 12th, 4 points off play-offs
2016/17: 10th, 5 points off play-offs
2015/16: 9th, 6 points off play-offs
2014/15: 9th, 8 points off play-offs

Information like that can be interpreted how you want I guess but for me it shows that our haul this season so far doesn't demonstrate such a bad attempt to make the play-offs relative to the rest of the league. Which is more a point about demonstrating how the quality of this division is dipping over time too. We don't have to be excellent to get into the play-offs, we have to improve our form for sure but maybe not as much as people might think.

Here's another thing to look at, the final points tally for 6th over those 6 seasons, along with how far we're off beating them (again in points alone):

2019/20: Swansea City, 70 points, +9 GD, 31 points off
2018/19: Derby County, 74 points, +15 GD, 35 points off
2017/18: Derby County, 75 points, +22 GD, 36 points off
2016/17: Fulham, 80 points, +28 GD, 41 points off
2015/16: Sheffield Wednesday, 74 points, +21 GD, 35 points off
2014/15: Ipswich Town, 78 points, 39 points off

So again, another downward trend, with the season we were in the Prem the only one that really stands out as a real challenge to catch up.

That one and the 15/16 seasons were the only ones where I believe the play-offs were decided before the last game? Which is an additional thing worth saying; got to keep up our challenge as you never know, if it comes down to one last game against Wycombe, the team currently far adrift from survival, we could still make it.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Glad NcNair and Fry are available our next little run I think determines our season.

There are 16 games remaining and we probably need at least 70 points which is 9 wins or more likely 10 wins from those 16 games to make the play offs.

We need to start winning games regardless because all those "winnable" ones over the last few weeks we blew. Can Warnock start games with a winning mentality now is the big ask?

• Like 1

I have just been looking through all games for the teams just outside the play offs plus Reading and Bounemouth ..  The top 4 is pretty much untouchables about now. 

Two teams of Reading, Bournemouth with Woody (lol), Cardiff, BORO, Stoke, Barnsley, Millwall, Blackburn and QPR will get in the top 6. 

To lighten you all up a bit, BORO face the easiest opponents on paper, but ofc the bottom teams who can get relegated will give a good fight. 

I don't think Blackburn and Millwall have enough to get in the top 6, even though it's matematical possible. I also think Bournemouth will plummet drastically starting with two more losses in the next two games.. 

That leaves BORO, Reading, QPR, Barnsley and Stoke competing. 

But these are just my observations ..

It's certainly possible for us to squeeze in!