• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d love England to win the World Cup. The best thing about it would be that all the nations in the union could take pride in it and have a common celebration they otherwise would never achieve #stron

You are indeed correct, and here is the whole 2nd half comeback with ITV commentary!  

Well if that's not ban worthy, I don't know what is.

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Just heard something similar on the radio the other day and thought I'd slot this in here. 

One of mine to kick off with is I actually like Shaun Dyche despite the rivalry we have had with him in our past

Great idea for a thread 👍

For the record I don’t like Dyche but it’s nothing to do with our rivalry. I listened to a Paddy Bamford interview once where he stated that Dyche didn’t rate him because his parents were well off and he didn’t have to struggle as maybe he had too or other footballers. That kind of jealousy has no place in a game where man management is key

My unpopular opinion is that the main problem with referees is they think they are part of the spectacle. Weather it’s Jon Moss with his name on his boots or Mike Dean with his step overs and telling players “of you pop “ as he issues a red card. They should be as anonymous as as the bell boys IMO 

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Just heard something similar on the radio the other day and thought I'd slot this in here. 

One of mine to kick off with is I actually like Shaun Dyche despite the rivalry we have had with him in our past

I respect what Sean Dyche has done with Burnley and he is one of a kind, that thing the other day about lookalikes was funny. I think he's a bit of a WUM though, the annoying kind, something he seems to wear on his sleeve.

As for my unpopular opinion, I like VAR. Perhaps more as a concept than how it is being used in practice. It certainly proved people wrong that it would take some of the discussion out of football. Refs in VAR matches certainly don't get away with missing important game-changing moments and I think that's a good thing. Combining the role the team of officials on the pitch have with those in a VAR studio for me should be creating a better process of retrospectively viewing the actions of those officials. Alongside VAR, former referees who contribute to live coverage are a big part of creating that constructive atmosphere.

It also points out the stupidity of our laws. For example, Bamford's offside arm from a while ago. Decisions like that are made by the letter of the law but anybody can see Bamford is gaining no advantage. Yet I'm still all for VAR (or perhaps an alternate technology) judging offside decisions so long as those rules are eventually amended via that information. There's no reason for me why, when we have Hawk-Eye deciding with 99% accuracy whether a ball has crossed the goal-line, that we shouldn't be using technology to judge the offside line too. The problem is the law and I'd also say the fuzziness of how we use technology to judge it. The margin for error on the lines they apply onto the picture are dumb.

Great OP!

I like watching matches at the Riverside with an earpiece in, listening to the BBC Tees commentary. It adds an extra dimension to what I'm seeing, and if I'm at the wrong end of the pitch to a goal-line scramble or sly foul, it offers additional insight into what's going on.

• Like 2

I want all the teams from the north of England to be in the Premiership:

From York, head north and have all the teams at the top. Even Sunderland and Newcastle. I check the scores every week and hope they’ve won.

• Like 2