• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d love England to win the World Cup. The best thing about it would be that all the nations in the union could take pride in it and have a common celebration they otherwise would never achieve #stron

You are indeed correct, and here is the whole 2nd half comeback with ITV commentary!  

Well if that's not ban worthy, I don't know what is.

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Uwe said:

Great idea for a thread 👍

For the record I don’t like Dyche but it’s nothing to do with our rivalry. I listened to a Paddy Bamford interview once where he stated that Dyche didn’t rate him because his parents were well off and he didn’t have to struggle as maybe he had too or other footballers. That kind of jealousy has no place in a game where man management is key

My unpopular opinion is that the main problem with referees is they think they are part of the spectacle. Weather it’s Jon Moss with his name on his boots or Mike Dean with his step overs and telling players “of you pop “ as he issues a red card. They should be as anonymous as as the bell boys IMO 

Wonder if thats why he didnt like Gibson Jnr, his uncle was too rich 

• Like 1

I like Paddy as a footballer. I don't like him at centre-half. Some of his dead-ball deliveries are excellent but he offers no physical presence in air and allows himself to be drawn out of middle too often. Is there another place in the team that would suit him better? Just my opinion and others probably disagree but he just doesn't look comfortable in the role 

5 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

I like Paddy as a footballer. I don't like him at centre-half. Some of his dead-ball deliveries are excellent but he offers no physical presence in air and allows himself to be drawn out of middle too often. Is there another place in the team that would suit him better? Just my opinion and others probably disagree but he just doesn't look comfortable in the role 

When he's playing alongside Fry, it works. When Paddy isn't alongside Fry (ie, today), he's wasted and looks weak and ineffective.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, alexutb said:

When he's playing alongside Fry, it works. When Paddy isn't alongside Fry (ie, today), he's wasted and looks weak and ineffective.

that puts it better ... he seems to need a "natural" CB alongside to complement his obvious assets. Maybe throw Hall in against Derby and unpack midfield..  still think we can be there or thereabouts but just need a bit of a run to get us going again   

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It's perfectly acceptable to have a second, third and even fourth team, as long as they're all in different divisions.

I'd go with that. Or even different countries.

Been a massive Nagoya Grampus fan ever since Lineker played for them. 😁

On 2/6/2021 at 5:55 PM, Old Codger said:

I don't get the Paddy on our free kick's thing. To me if you are sending the ball into the box you want your big lads in the box not delivering them?

Surely Howson or Morsy just as two random examples would be better taking them so that we can send Paddy into the opposition box to challenge and get his head on the end of it or knock it down for one of our not so prolific Strikers to poke home. Now if we are scoring loads of goals from Paddy's expert deliveries then I stand corrected but I'm struggling to remember where one of his expert set pieces have directly resulted in a goal?

5 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I don't get the Paddy on our free kick's thing. To me if you are sending the ball into the box you want your big lads in the box not delivering them?

Surely Howson or Morsy just as two random examples would be better taking them so that we can send Paddy into the opposition box to challenge and get his head on the end of it or knock it down for one of our not so prolific Strikers to poke home. Now if we are scoring loads of goals from Paddy's expert deliveries then I stand corrected but I'm struggling to remember where one of his expert set pieces have directly resulted in a goal?

Not everyone can deliver a good set piece though...you can't just assume Morsy or Howson can deliver the same kind of balls Paddy can. Also, it's not exactly like he's known to be a prolific header of the ball, is it, so I don't think it makes much difference.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Not everyone can deliver a good set piece though...you can't just assume Morsy or Howson can deliver the same kind of balls Paddy can. Also, it's not exactly like he's known to be a prolific header of the ball, is it, so I don't think it makes much difference.

Surely Kebano will be taking them from now so Dael and Paddy can get in the box?

28 minutes ago, Brunners said:

But in the past when playing further up as a midfielder he has scored goals plus I would think he would be more of a nuisance to an opposing CB or Goalkeeper when jumping than someone of smaller stature. That then brings me back to his lovely set pieces, what happens after he delivers these great balls that we are lead to believe is an asset? From what I can see absolutely nothing which renders them pointless and ineffective.

We have vertically challenged Strikers that can't outjump their opponent so therefore the only aerial threat is Dael Fry on the far post and then there's the option of Dael Fry on the far post to head it back in or we could switch it around a bit to confuse the opposition by finding Dael Fry on the far post and repeat.......

Surely there are other players who can launch a well placed and weighted ball with the required trajectory and velocity in the squad. Having two targets instead of one may actually increase our effectiveness with set pieces. It may be just possible that there are others more capable of floating balls into the danger zone, if there aren't then what on earth do they do at Rockliffe all week?

15 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I hate the term "Moneyball" in football. For some reason in football it symbolises buying low and selling high (which is just good business practice), which is not Moneyball in the slightest.

Bit niche but it is a pet peeve of mine.

I tend to agree but "Moneyball" where you buy low and sell high is much preferable to "Ballache" where you buy high and sell low or wait until contracts expire because even low isn't low enough.