oneBoro Forum

Unpopular football fan opinions.

1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I tend to agree but "Moneyball" where you buy low and sell high is much preferable to "Ballache" where you buy high and sell low or wait until contracts expire because even low isn't low enough.

Thats "Boroball"...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d love England to win the World Cup. The best thing about it would be that all the nations in the union could take pride in it and have a common celebration they otherwise would never achieve #stron

You are indeed correct, and here is the whole 2nd half comeback with ITV commentary!  

Well if that's not ban worthy, I don't know what is.

Posted Images

I would abolish penalties.

They decide so many games and they're a huge overkill punishment often for very minor incidents.

Liverpool won the Champions League because the ball whilst going away from goal touched a player's hand at the edge of the box after 24 seconds.

In no way did it prevent a goal, so it's ridiculous that the punishment for an innocuous incident is a free shot on goal.

I'd accept it staying in place for a blatant last man challenge where they don't get the ball, but the majority of penalties are given for incidents that wouldn't have actually led to a goal if the "foul" hadn't happened.

• Like 3

Warnocks constant abuse and shouting at referees, players and opposition staff is not charming or funny - it's rude, classless and embarassing. 

Latest of which is the video going around Twitter of him at the u23 game yelling and swearing at a ref who probably does it for fun at the weekends with little to no professional qualifications.

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Warnocks constant abuse and shouting at referees, players and opposition staff is not charming or funny - it's rude, classless and embarassing. 

Latest of which is the video going around Twitter of him at the u23 game yelling and swearing at a ref who probably does it for fun at the weekends with little to no professional qualifications.

It was reffed by Andrew Miller, a professional referee that refs PL2 and National League games.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

I would abolish penalties.

They decide so many games and they're a huge overkill punishment often for very minor incidents.

Liverpool won the Champions League because the ball whilst going away from goal touched a player's hand at the edge of the box after 24 seconds.

In no way did it prevent a goal, so it's ridiculous that the punishment for an innocuous incident is a free shot on goal.

I'd accept it staying in place for a blatant last man challenge where they don't get the ball, but the majority of penalties are given for incidents that wouldn't have actually led to a goal if the "foul" hadn't happened.

I'd agree with that and whilst we are at it change the offside rule to 60% or even 70% of a players body has to be offside and not a slightly protruding elbow, index finger or shin pad. VAR decisions have reduced the law to a level for which it was never intended or envisaged. 

• Like 4

I really like Roy Keane now. I find his cut throat attitude absolutely hilarious. Some of the punditry he's done is quality. They don't make em like that anymore.

I absolutely despised him in his playing days though.

2 hours ago, Brunners said:

Don't make an argument with a fact that isn't true  🙃

I didn't use that as my arguement, I used it as an example and said probably so I wasn't presenting it as a fact. Besides if you're mostly reffing at non league level you're not going to be a professional, there's no way refs at that level can live off what they earn down there, the players barely can.

2 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I'd agree with that and whilst we are at it change the offside rule to 60% or even 70% of a players body has to be offside and not a slightly protruding elbow, index finger or shin pad. VAR decisions have reduced the law to a level for which it was never intended or envisaged. 

Trouble is, that would still leave the endless delays whilst the VAR ref tried to work out whether 59% or 61% of the player was offside! 
The offside rule was conceived when current technology wasn’t dreamed of. There only three options to stop  the current method ruining the game

1. abolish offside

2. abolish VAR. (at least for offside decisions)

3. modify the way it is used. The VAR ref should be shown the still of the offside and have to decide within 15 seconds whether it is offside or not. (without lines being drawn preferably). If he can’t decide, then the original decision stands. Sure, there will be some wrong decisions, but at least the game wouldn’t be stopped for 3 or 4 minutes whilst lines are drawn and the incident replayed repeatedly. I actually think that should be the default for all VAR decision. A limited time look and no change to the refs decision unless the VAR official thinks it is clearly wrong.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Liquid said:

I really like Roy Keane now. I find his cut throat attitude absolutely hilarious. Some of the punditry he's done is quality. They don't make em like that anymore.

I absolutely despised him in his playing days though.

Him and Micah are gold at the moment. Just know it's going to be milked to the death and become as annoying as everything else. 

Oh another one - "and it's live" from Martin Tyler. Of course it's live you idiot, you're not going to pre record it

1 hour ago, ScarBoro said:

2. abolish VAR. (at least for offside decisions)

3. modify the way it is used. The VAR ref should be shown the still of the offside and have to decide within 15 seconds whether it is offside or not. (without lines being drawn preferably). If he can’t decide, then the original decision stands. Sure, there will be some wrong decisions, but at least the game wouldn’t be stopped for 3 or 4 minutes whilst lines are drawn and the incident replayed repeatedly. I actually think that should be the default for all VAR decision. A limited time look and no change to the refs decision unless the VAR official thinks it is clearly wrong.

Better still scrap VAR as you say but have a fifth Official (Retired Referee) sat in the stands with a TV monitor and let him relay incidents to the Ref as and when like off the ball elbow incidents, dubious offsides and anything else without the game being interrupted unless for a really serious incident that was missed.