• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d love England to win the World Cup. The best thing about it would be that all the nations in the union could take pride in it and have a common celebration they otherwise would never achieve #stron

You are indeed correct, and here is the whole 2nd half comeback with ITV commentary!  

Well if that's not ban worthy, I don't know what is.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Isn't there reserve refs at games incase the ref gets injured can they not be sat in the stand watching a ifollow stream relaying info to ref 

"Sorry ref, I didn't see the incident. The cameraman was doing a close up of some seats in the north stand..."

• Haha 3
26 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I quite enjoy watching this Leeds side. 

image.gif.3c09255e87dbcb9ccc95511d7ec7bbf9.gif

But I know what you mean 

• Haha 2
39 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I quite enjoy watching this Leeds side. 

I love watching Leeds such an exciting attacking side that Bamford of there's along with Harrison are top top players boro could only dream of having players like that on our books. Just imagine if we had Bamford upfront instead of Assombalonga where would we be 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I love watching Leeds such an exciting attacking side that Bamford of there's along with Harrison are top top players boro could only dream of having players like that on our books. Just imagine if we had Bamford upfront instead of Assombalonga where would we be 

I just like the pace that they play at, their movement is superb and the way they move the ball around (on the floor) is excellent.

I wish we’d held on to Bamford. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Isn't there reserve refs at games incase the ref gets injured can they not be sat in the stand watching a ifollow stream relaying info to ref 

I dunno.

If the ref, their assistants and the VAR team don't see incidents or can't make correct decisions, I don't think one more body is going to help. Especially given how they seem to see / interpret things differently (too many cooks spoil the broth and all that). The more people you bring in, the more scope for confusion IMO.

I think a fundamental re-write of some of the laws, governing fouls, penalties and bookings is in order, along with re-training for refs and officials, so its hammered into them to follow them in a sensible & consistent manner.

While we're at it, the rules covering the use of VAR also need re-writing, so that players have to be at least half a yard offside before they're flagged. Fouls & off the ball incidents should only be relayed to the ref if they're serious - i.e. construed as dangerous play (like the Fry incident), a deliberate cynical foul, or violent conduct.

If they miss anything else - just let it go. 

• Like 2
On 2/8/2021 at 12:52 PM, Redcar Rioja said:

I tend to agree but "Moneyball" where you buy low and sell high is much preferable to "Ballache" where you buy high and sell low or wait until contracts expire because even low isn't low enough.

By this point I think we have mastered the art of Ballache, but are miles off Moneyball! 😂

• Haha 1

I see Dean Whitestone is the Referee for the game against Derby!

He isn't though - and intriguingly hasn't refereed a game since the Blackburn fiasco on 24/01 when prior to that he had been doing one every 3-7 days

Reckon he's been suspended?

Should be retired 

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

I see Dean Whitestone is the Referee for the game against Derby!

He isn't though - and intriguingly hasn't refereed a game since the Blackburn fiasco on 24/01 when prior to that he had been doing one every 3-7 days

Reckon he's been suspended?

Should be retired 

I reckon he's been in Refereeing rehab even though he said "No, No, No"!

To which he added:

"Yes I've been black but when I come back
You'll know, know, know"

• Haha 2
42 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:
On 2/8/2021 at 12:52 PM, Redcar Rioja said:

I tend to agree but "Moneyball" where you buy low and sell high is much preferable to "Ballache" where you buy high and sell low or wait until contracts expire because even low isn't low enough.

By this point I think we have mastered the art of Ballache, but are miles off Moneyball! 😂

anthony vickers

@untypicalboro 4h

Brentford buy low and sell high. Boro buy high and sell low. Or struggle to sell at all. What Ivan Toney v Britt Assombalonga reveals about very different recruitment models, over on my Patreon. 

3 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

anthony vickers

@untypicalboro 4h

Brentford buy low and sell high. Boro buy high and sell low. Or struggle to sell at all. What Ivan Toney v Britt Assombalonga reveals about very different recruitment models, over on my Patreon. 

Is he right in the head calling £10M low?

May well produce a big profit but its hardly bargain basement buying

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

anthony vickers

@untypicalboro 4h

Is that a shameless plug? 😉

• Like 1
15 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:
20 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

anthony vickers

@untypicalboro 4h

Is that a shameless plug? 😉

Far from it, just wondering where he gets his ideas for his articles from? ☺️

• Like 1