• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d love England to win the World Cup. The best thing about it would be that all the nations in the union could take pride in it and have a common celebration they otherwise would never achieve #stron

You are indeed correct, and here is the whole 2nd half comeback with ITV commentary!  

Well if that's not ban worthy, I don't know what is.

Posted Images

Yeah definitely not for me. I'd rather we finished 2nd in the Championship than watch England win a World Cup. World Cups are special and in many ways uniting, a common goal for all English fans to hope for. But apart from 1 month every 2 years, I just don't really care much for England's success or failure.

I remember when we got knocked out from qualifying for... Euro 2008 was it? Croatia game? Wally with a brolly? Yeah I wasn't really that fussed, I still enjoyed the Euros about as much as any other international tournament, that year.

• Like 1

There was no unifying factor in 1966,though.  the first thing that happened was the fiction that West Ham won the World Cup, (everyone knew that the real reason was Shep) then when Scotland won at Wembley in 1967, they became the "true" world champions because England had played every game at Wembley...I am happy that it is a score draw at the moment and I don't think anyone would put money on either achieving another success in the near future.  Just my personal opinion but it would be like some tiny Scandinavian nation winning the Euros...   

• Haha 1

Club over country every time.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see England do well, and the togetherness (at least through the media's eyes) back in 2018 was good to see. 

But could you actually imagine how bad it'd have been if we'd won the bloody thing?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Don't get me wrong, I want to see England do well, and the togetherness (at least through the media's eyes) back in 2018 was good to see. 

But could you actually imagine how bad it'd have been if we'd won the bloody thing?

As a person who doesn't live in England - yet have to live with the fact that 90% of the news we get here is English based - it would have been bloody awful!

Club over country I guess, England winning the World Cup would be a monumental achievement only overshadowed by Boro winning the Premier League.
I wouldn’t put getting promoted in the same bracket as winning a World Cup, promotion is not a trophy, just a transition into a higher league with a good chance of going back down after a season of hard slog and stupid VAR decisions. 

I’d love England to win the World Cup. The best thing about it would be that all the nations in the union could take pride in it and have a common celebration they otherwise would never achieve #strongertogether 

• Haha 7
1 minute ago, Uwe said:

I’d love England to win the World Cup. The best thing about it would be that all the nations in the union could take pride in it and have a common celebration they otherwise would never achieve #strongertogether 

Wonderful post @Uwe 😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Which club though?  You support about 30 don't you? 🤭

• Haha 1