oneBoro Forum

Derby v Boro 2-1 (Kebano)

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Our only other midfielder is an 18 year old kid with one game of experience, it's not like we have much choice at the moment mate.

I think he's meaning let's not be so negative playing 3 CM's in the formation. I agree with that.

Against likes of Norwich and B'mouth I understand it, but it's too negative for me against teams like Derby

• Like 3
  • Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Derby v Boro. 13th February 2021. 15:00. Pride Park.     Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the second edition of Choose your own Boroventure! Some of you may remember, many years ag

There is almost zero chance of this happening going by past behaviour from Gibson. He will be happy with finishing top half with his mate, just like he was with pulis. Also like with pulis, he's going

I tried 17 times and couldn’t get past the fit bitch on reception 🤷‍♂️

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I predicted exactly this scenario before we signed him. 

Yeah was always a risk. Shame because he’s actually looked sharp and a real threat. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a serious injury aswell, given Warnock mood in his presser yesterday and the way he kept mentioning injuries.

6 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

We could always play 2 central midfielders instead of 3. Anyone got the team? Lots of comments on it but I can’t find it. 

Bettinelli 

Fisher Dijksteel McNair Bola

Howson Morsy Saville 

Kebano Assombalonga Watmore 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

Isn’t Kebano an obvious 10? And we have lots of forwards now if we want to play two up top. 

Then who goes wide?

Watmore and Johnson I suppose.

I think with a fully fit squad 4231 is an option but not sure today with fitness and who is available.

The only fit CB we have is Hall so its a good idea to keep him on the bench and play a midfielder and a right back in the CB  positions, if Woodgate had done this he'd have got slaughtered. Didn't take long for Bolasie to find what the club Physio's name is, wonder what the injury is cut toe nail perhaps. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

Isn’t Kebano an obvious 10? And we have lots of forwards now if we want to play two up top. 

Kebano can play anywhere across the attacking midfield roles so yeah, him or Tav when fit absolutely could play there. It seems to me right now that Warnock sees something we don't with the midfield 3 though. I'd much rather we go 4-2-3-1, especially when Bolasie and Tav are fit.

• Like 1