oneBoro Forum

Derby v Boro 2-1 (Kebano)

13 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

The striker point is interesting as in the pre match presser he said we got a lot of good things but stated we are missing a defender who can score from set pieces and a big striker up front to get his goals.

Time for Grant Hall and Fletcher to step up šŸ˜¬

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Derby v Boro. 13th February 2021. 15:00. Pride Park. Ā  Ā  Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the second edition of Choose your own Boroventure! Some of you may remember, many years ag

There is almost zero chance of this happening going by past behaviour from Gibson. He will be happy with finishing top half with his mate, just like he was with pulis. Also like with pulis, he's going

I tried 17 times and couldnā€™t get past the fit bitch on reception šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Posted Images

I know the pitch was bad but this was like watching a game of head tennis for most of the time.

We have lost the plot big time of late and we seem to prefer to defend rather than attack and boy why not simply shoot when you get the chance to equalise?

There was simply nothing to suggest we are improving as a team and well Huddersfield next after losing against Wycombe says it all.

Badly missing Tav and just an observation since getting his contract Watmore is not suggesting he was worth it.

Our tactics are so so wrong at the moment and NW needs to wise up to that

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Time for Grant Hall and Fletcher to step up šŸ˜¬

For what is worth i would play Hall at CB. Either to allow Dijksteel to move to RB so everyone at back is playing in they more batural positions.Ā 
Ā 

Or in a back 3 alongside Dijksteel and Paddy in the system which got us some success at atart of season. Put Fisher and Bola on flanks. Howson and Sav in Middle and 3 up top.Ā 
Ā 

Until Fry back i would play Hall. At least he is a CB by trade and is a typical championship Ā defender who enjoysĀ the physcial side of game which is what opponents are getting the better of us in at the moment.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Warnock in presser said:

Ā 

1. Bolasie hurt his hamstring in training. Not sure how long he out for.

2. We really miss Fry and he hope he back for Reading next week

3. Scoring has been an issue at this club for years but we got what we got. We tried a few things and its not worked so will see what else we can try.

4. Was not fussed about gap to 6th as saying main issue is scoring and we wont win games if we dont score.

**The striker point is interesting as in the pre match presser he said we got a lot of good things but stated we are missing a defender who can score from set pieces and a big striker up front to get his goals. Its clear its these two areas he wants to strengthen. Britt will be gone and new striker purchased in summer to fo with Fletcher and Akpom i feel.Ā 
Ā 

My own view is i have written off the play offs. I just want us to reach 50pts and then look towards next season. I hope Warnock stays and builds on this season. I want him managing in front of our fans.

Re 1 & 2 - missing a few players through injury shouldn't mean we play like a bunch of blindfolded drunks.

3. Funnily enough I've been saying for years that it doesn't matter who we play up front, if the rest of the team can't create chances for them. He's right - its not a new problem...but I'd love to know why we have been so far unable to solve it.

4. For the first 20 or so games we were on course to finish in the top 6. With the squadĀ we have we probably should have been looking at the play-offs. Something has gone badly wrong recently and we're not playing nearly as well as we were.

In any case, solve problem 3 (and maybe do something about the defence) and the league position will take care of itself.

Obviously there is still time to sort things out, but if we don't see a marked improvement in performances between now and the end of the season, I don't want Warnock here next season.

Ā 

• Like 1

The most disappointing aspect is we have had a week to train on the training ground before this. Should of had a game plan as in that first half we weren't prepared for the aerial bombardment. Why was that as it was no secret that's what Derby were going to do. Yet again conceded on a corner we aren't solving this problem. What are the players doing all week on the training pitch. As you could tell Derby had been working were ready saw our weakness was in the air exploited it. Warnock was out though by Rooney today.Ā 

• Like 2

You only had to look at Akpomā€˜a scoring record to know he would be highly unlikely to be the answer.

Poor signing, money squandered. It seems we just canā€™t sign strikers who have a high conversion to chances ratio- something needed at a club not known for creating lot.

whatever we do appears to rat shyte fairly quickly. If we had issues regarding one area of the team - fine. The trouble is there issues from back to front on the pitch.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

The most disappointing aspect is we have had a week to train on the training ground before this. Should of had a game plan as in that first half we weren't prepared for the aerial bombardment. Why was that as it was no secret that's what Derby were going to do. Yet again conceded on a corner we aren't solving this problem. What are the players doing all week on the training pitch. As you could tell Derby had been working were ready saw our weakness was in the air exploited it. Warnock was out though by Rooney today.Ā 

It wasĀ a carbon copy of the set piece routine used by a lower league German team that Sky and the BBCĀ were showing off earlier in the week, I think they just copied that.

It did not work for the Germans, but our defence is now so incompetent that it just slotted straight in.

• Like 2

So NW has got his players and a full week to prepare before playing a bottom club and yet again we get beat. One f***ing point from the last 5 games is relegation form and a record of loosing against teams in the lower half. How, what or why NW is highly rated is now lostĀ on me.Ā 

NW has a habit of favoring two wide attackers regardless of what players he has, orĀ what team he plays against, one dimensionĀ predictably is a recipe for failure.Ā 

itā€™s not the fact we are loosing itā€™s the way we are loosing that angers me. The fact we donā€™t understand the fundamental basics ofĀ football is boyish and frankly criminal andĀ players need to be charged for impersonation.Ā 
Ā 

Hell what happened to the small squad that grow into a potential top six team that we now have lost 4 games in row lopping balls in the air for 90 mins.Ā 

inexcusable but Iā€™m sure there will be a few posters who will find the positives..Ā 
Ā 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Release Watmore end of the season. His little adrenaline run has worn off time to clear a fewĀ of the big wage hanger ons out tooĀ 

I dunno if I'd release him but its what I was worried about when all this prem interest etc was touted around. Hope we haven't given the guy a bumper contract.

He is handy to keep around as a squad player who will work hard and cover a few positions. Shouldn't be looked at as a starter though imo.

• Like 1

I would love to look forward to a Boro game confident in the belief that we will win. OK, nothing is written in tablets of stone, but I donā€™t think itā€™s unreasonable to think that if we play a team in the bottom half, we stand a halfway chance of winning.

But such is not the case with Boro, and it hasnā€™t been the case since the days of Karanka.

If your team loses, the first reaction, of course, is to look at the players. Actually, I donā€™t think we have bad players at all, on the whole ā€“ they are just not used to their best advantage. That has been a chronic problem since 2017 and itā€™s not going to get any better any quicker.

Since Karanka was booted out, we have been plugging gaps, and this has been mostly down to cash. Woodgate must be the ultimate example of that ā€“ bargain basement management that almost got us relegated. Warnock rescued us from that but surely nobody had any illusions about him being the messiah leading us to the promised land. Iā€™m guessing, but his remit was probably to lead us to mid-table security, which he will probably do. Ā 

As I see it, the future does not look rosy. Thanks to Brexit, Bulkhaul is probably experiencing major difficulties. If Gibson was reluctant to splash cash before, he will be even more shy about it now. But a major cash injection is what is needed. Somebody mentioned on this thread the difference that Bielsa made to Leeds. Check on their form before he arrived. Nothing to write home about. Now look at Bielsaā€™s record, and how Leeds have done since his appointment. He was the bloody manager of Argentina for six years! Do the maths.

We need a good manager with a different view on football. We need someone from left field who is a disruptive influence. We do not need tried-and-trusted, English, good-at-this-level stop gaps. I would far rather see money splashed on a good manager than on a hopefully prolific goalscorer.

Rant over. I will now retire to my place of darkness and not trouble you for a while.

• Like 6