• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Derby v Boro. 13th February 2021. 15:00. Pride Park.     Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the second edition of Choose your own Boroventure! Some of you may remember, many years ag

There is almost zero chance of this happening going by past behaviour from Gibson. He will be happy with finishing top half with his mate, just like he was with pulis. Also like with pulis, he's going

I tried 17 times and couldn’t get past the fit bitch on reception 🤷‍♂️

Posted Images

If we lose this one it must raise questions from SG about the added expenditure in the Transfer Window. He could have just stuck with the same and concluded that there was enough to stay up with the points already accrued with the existing  squad.

There was clearly a belief that with a bit of additional support the Play Offs were possible. Lose to yet another struggling side (Wednesday, Rotherham, Birmingham) with the same uninspiring tactics and NW must be questioned. It's not quite a tipping point yet as I doubt whether we would be where we are without NW but it's a case of "now we are here, then what?" 

The loans of Bolasie, Kebano and the short contract to NML means that they won't be here next season (unless fresh deals are struck) so their input and return is very much short term. Add in Bettenelli, Assombalonga and Fletcher to the departing list and that's possibly four or five starters (or even all six when fit) from the preferred eleven. The rot has to stop at Derby and belief restored.

Get off it mate, I’ve been as critical on SG as anyone regarding his decision making in recent times. But we’re in 7th place with a good chance off the play offs and he’s provided Warnock the quality that he wanted. 

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Get off it mate, I’ve been as critical on SG as anyone regarding his decision making in recent times. But we’re in 7th place with a good chance off the play offs and he’s provided Warnock the quality that he wanted. 

If it's my post above yours you are replying to I think you need to re-read it especially the opening sentence regarding SG,  "raise questions from" not "raise questions about". Massive difference in the two.

If it's in response to another poster then I'm lost and apologies.

39 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Incredible thread, I loved the last one too. Still got all my old CYOA books in the loft!

I absolutely despise Derby, and we really should be beating them, but I see a drab game and a draw here.

(We won 2-1 in my adventure though!)

I agree a draw would probably be the most likely outcome but with the added zeal and zest added in the window I would expect it to tip things in our favour for a Boro win. So long as we look to play it forwards to those newly added attackers instead of back to Bettinelli then the goals must start to come surely.

22 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If we lose this one it must raise questions from SG about the added expenditure in the Transfer Window. He could have just stuck with the same and concluded that there was enough to stay up with the points already accrued with the existing  squad.

There was clearly a belief that with a bit of additional support the Play Offs were possible. Lose to yet another struggling side (Wednesday, Rotherham, Birmingham) with the same uninspiring tactics and NW must be questioned. It's not quite a tipping point yet as I doubt whether we would be where we are without NW but it's a case of "now we are here, then what?" 

The loans of Bolasie, Kebano and the short contract to NML means that they won't be here next season (unless fresh deals are struck) so their input and return is very much short term. Add in Bettenelli, Assombalonga and Fletcher to the departing list and that's possibly four or five starters (or even all six when fit) from the preferred eleven. The rot has to stop at Derby and belief restored.

I'd sort of go along with that.

I think we needed fresh bodies, regardless, just to cover for injuries and fatigue, so I don't think NOT getting anyone in was an option (not a realistic one anyway).

Loan signings are usually a bit of a risk, due to the short-term nature of the deals and the fact the players may not feel compelled to give their best.

But going back to agreeing with you, they were exactly the kind of signings NW wanted, judging from what he's said about them. He's even worked with some of them before.

So if he can't get the team to gel and start producing more consistent performances (consistently good, that is) then yes, questions should be asked.

Boro have shown they can compete with some of the best teams in the division. We really should not be losing games against bottom 6 teams...or to be more accurate, we should not be getting out-played by them.

Personally I'm not that fussed if we make the play-offs this season. I don't mind us getting inconsistent results. I just don't want to be seeing more comedy-of-errors defending and players shooting at goal like they're wearing blindfolds. Less hoofball and passing to the keeper from midfield would be nice too.

As I've said before, its not just the fact we've been losing games...we've been technically and tactically inept as well. Its just boring and frustrating as hell to watch.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I'd sort of go along with that.

I think we needed fresh bodies, regardless, just to cover for injuries and fatigue, so I don't think NOT getting anyone in was an option (not a realistic one anyway).

Loan signings are usually a bit of a risk, due to the short-term nature of the deals and the fact the players may not feel compelled to give their best.

But going back to agreeing with you, they were exactly the kind of signings NW wanted, judging from what he's said about them. He's even worked with some of them before.

So if he can't get the team to gel and start producing more consistent performances (consistently good, that is) then yes, questions should be asked.

Boro have shown they can compete with some of the best teams in the division. We really should not be losing games against bottom 6 teams...or to be more accurate, we should not be getting out-played by them.

Personally I'm not that fussed if we make the play-offs this season. I don't mind us getting inconsistent results. I just don't want to be seeing more comedy-of-errors defending and players shooting at goal like they're wearing blindfolds. Less hoofball and passing to the keeper from midfield would be nice too.

As I've said before, its not just the fact we've been losing games...we've been technically and tactically inept as well. Its just boring and frustrating as hell to watch.

Agree with all of that, but with regards to the bold part - he brought in 6 players already and has been gushing about some of the players that were already here so I think he should have already been able to make the team gel in the way he wants. Now that he's signed another 4 or 5 he will be under immense pressure to get the team going and quick.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, ChipBarrington said:

I ended up dead. I am going to assume there is only 1 possible scenario of how so wont give spoilers away. We have had some top matchday threads and this is one of the best ever. Well in.

Thats what I meant by BU being a troll. 😁

I mean, ending up with a horse's head in your bed for dropping Bettinelli...where's the justice in that? 🤷‍♂️