oneBoro Forum

Derby v Boro 2-1 (Kebano)

4 minutes ago, thomas said:

Oww and keeper needs dropping as well as the defenders or anyone doesn't have faith in him anymore. 

He looks weak - NW's right hand man is supposed to be a goalkeeping coach as well so I'm not clear why Betty Nelly still gets picked.

It must be a nightmare for defenders playing in front of him

• Like 1
  • Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Derby v Boro. 13th February 2021. 15:00. Pride Park.     Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the second edition of Choose your own Boroventure! Some of you may remember, many years ag

There is almost zero chance of this happening going by past behaviour from Gibson. He will be happy with finishing top half with his mate, just like he was with pulis. Also like with pulis, he's going

I tried 17 times and couldn’t get past the fit bitch on reception 🤷‍♂️

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Might have been the pitch. Might just be we've hit a wall.

The pitch may have been an excuse had it not been for us having the worst form in the Championship. That performance was the crowning glory of a series or performances that makes Woodgate look like Guardiola. Rotherham, Wednesday, Birmingham and now Derby, if it was Pulis or Monk there would be conspiracy theories abound.

4 minutes ago, edinboro said:

If as looks likely we are in this division for another season and we lose Britt, Fletcher, NML, Kebano, Bolasie and the GK we have a lot of slots to fill in the first team next season. On a good day that's half the first team. We have Bola, Fry, Hall, Dijksteel, Fisher, Howson, Saville, McNair, Tav, Morsy, Akpom, Coulson, Wing, Watmore and kids. So again we have to find creativity and strikers and probably a new goalkeeper. Scary.

That was dreadful. We looked knackered. Might have been the pitch. Might just be we've hit a wall.

The ones we'll lose are hardly pulling up tree stumps this season though - no great loss except for Fletch.

Betty Nelly definitely not - I'd send him back now

Just now, Redcar Rioja said:

The pitch may have been an excuse had it not been for us having the worst form in the Championship. That performance was the crowning glory of a series or performances that makes Woodgate look like Guardiola. Rotherham, Wednesday, Birmingham and now Derby, if it was Pulis or Monk there would be conspiracy series abound.

I like to think about the conditions from the pitches point of view.  It can’t of been happy with the crap that was just played on top of it 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1
Just now, Snake said:

He looks weak - NW's right hand man is supposed to be a goalkeeping coach as well so I'm not clear why Betty Nelly still gets picked.

It must be a nightmare for defenders playing in front of him

He might actually be the big problem at the back, when Dimi came in and playing in goal he gave us confidence and we stopped leaking goals at the back as the defenders knew he was a stable keeper. I wonder if we switch keeper to one that doesnt flap and makes decent saves if all of sudden them defenders start gaining confidence. 

4 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Be interesting to see what Warnock says. He cannot excuse that performance. Dreadful from back to front.

I can't think of much, the pitch was rubbish but it didn't seem to impact us, their player should have been sent off for repeated simulation.

Only thing we have is that we miss Dael Fry and Tavernier, but that was a known factor before the match.

We have more than enough quality in the squad to beat that Derby side, it's just a poor performance from players and management.

• Like 4

Aye, we obviously miss players who make our first team better, every team does. Derby had the same problem, they've just lost Bielik from their midfield again and it didn't stop them from holding us off. The players we missed wouldn't have stopped that midfield 3 from starting, surely. We still lost that midfield battle. They had Knight and Shinnie in midfield who more than matched our 3, we didn't trouble them at all. Sam bloody Morsy once again trying to dribble and pass his way around players is dreadful tactically. I'll repeat the fact Morsy was caught offside from a long ball forward once too, the *** hell is he doing trying to work the channels at any point during a game? It's absolutely maddening.

Warnock in presser said:

1. Bolasie hurt his hamstring in training. Not sure how long he out for.

2. We really miss Fry and he hope he back for Reading next week

3. Scoring has been an issue at this club for years but we got what we got. We tried a few things and its not worked so will see what else we can try.

4. Was not fussed about gap to 6th as saying main issue is scoring and we wont win games if we dont score.

**The striker point is interesting as in the pre match presser he said we got a lot of good things but stated we are missing a defender who can score from set pieces and a big striker up front to get his goals. Its clear its these two areas he wants to strengthen. Britt will be gone and new striker purchased in summer to fo with Fletcher and Akpom i feel. 

My own view is i have written off the play offs. I just want us to reach 50pts and then look towards next season. I hope Warnock stays and builds on this season. I want him managing in front of our fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1