oneBoro Forum

Derby v Boro 2-1 (Kebano)

2 hours ago, TheJew said:

If Warnock goes we need to show some blummin ambition. 

Like Leeds with Bielsa. 

There is the luxury of having the time to plan now rather than a knee jerk panic and no time for a full pre season and recruitment to suit the incomings preferred playing style.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Derby v Boro. 13th February 2021. 15:00. Pride Park.     Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the second edition of Choose your own Boroventure! Some of you may remember, many years ag

There is almost zero chance of this happening going by past behaviour from Gibson. He will be happy with finishing top half with his mate, just like he was with pulis. Also like with pulis, he's going

I tried 17 times and couldn’t get past the fit bitch on reception 🤷‍♂️

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

There is the luxury of having the time to plan now rather than a knee jerk panic and no time for a full pre season and recruitment to suit the incomings preferred playing style.

There is almost zero chance of this happening going by past behaviour from Gibson. He will be happy with finishing top half with his mate, just like he was with pulis. Also like with pulis, he's going to offer Warnock a new contract in the summer, Warnock will either accept and we'll have more of the same or hell reject and we'll end up with a rookie or another championship weathered manager. 

There is zero invention, vision or ambition in the way that we make footballing decisions, there hasn't been since karanka, orta and kenyon were involved.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

There is almost zero chance of this happening going by past behaviour from Gibson. He will be happy with finishing top half with his mate, just like he was with pulis. Also like with pulis, he's going to offer Warnock a new contract in the summer, Warnock will either accept and we'll have more of the same or hell reject and we'll end up with a rookie or another championship weathered manager. 

There is zero invention, vision or ambition in the way that we make footballing decisions, there hasn't been since karanka, orta and kenyon were involved.

The vision is undoubtedly the worst thing. It's like Gibson's on a farewell tour, paying little heed to what lies beyond.

• Wow 1
2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I think we'll beat Huddersfield, so hopefully that will stop the slide and regain a bit of confidence.

4 defeats in 5 is terrible.

1 win in 8 is even worse ☹️

• Sad 1

Also, I thought Warnock was a great man manager? Hes spent the last couple of games digging out our strikers, even saying if we had the oppositions striker we would have won. Like them or not, Britt and akpom are here and our manager shouldn't be so disparaging of them in public. If it was pulis or karanka doing that they would have been crucified, regardless of if it's right or not 

• Like 2

Crap result again - but I think the team was massively outperforming pre-Xmas rather than underperforming now. This is a team that almost got relegated last year - people forget pretty fast. I don’t expect us to be challenging for playoffs this year and the fact that we are anywhere near is a bonus.

Is NW the right man for the long term? Who knows... - I’d prefer to build a footballing culture and bring through young managers playing attractive, attacking football but 1) so would every club 2) Gibson won’t change/commit to that 3) fans won’t take 2/3 seasons of being mid table or lower (which is what it would take). So we’re stuck with what we’ve got - which is a bit depressing. I do think I’d give NW one more year to try and make a difference - as there will be some serious wage room when Assombolonga’s contract rolls off.

I think giving Warnock 1 more year would arguably be the sensible option.

We want to keep hold of Bolasie, NML and Kebano ideally.

We need to bring in a decent centre forward, centre back, keeper and midfielder or 2.

It's the spine that's the problem, not the wings anymore. Britt and Bettinelli off the wage bill would help. Saville needs moving on, he is a lower Championship midfielder. I still can't believe we sanctioned £7m on him.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Interesting stats. 

The gap between the two seasons is narrowing right now, but that 35 point part was after a 4 game winning run.

After 29 games we were on 35 points.

After 38 we were on 41 points.

As bad as things are right now, I can't see us only getting 1 point in the next 9 games.

1 hour ago, BegSteeleOrBoro said:

Crap result again - but I think the team was massively outperforming pre-Xmas rather than underperforming now. This is a team that almost got relegated last year - people forget pretty fast. I don’t expect us to be challenging for playoffs this year and the fact that we are anywhere near is a bonus.

Is NW the right man for the long term? Who knows... - I’d prefer to build a footballing culture and bring through young managers playing attractive, attacking football but 1) so would every club 2) Gibson won’t change/commit to that 3) fans won’t take 2/3 seasons of being mid table or lower (which is what it would take). So we’re stuck with what we’ve got - which is a bit depressing. I do think I’d give NW one more year to try and make a difference - as there will be some serious wage room when Assombolonga’s contract rolls off.

Out performing do you mean winning or a draw is now out performing as opposed to expected.. The team under performed last year but that is not a excuse and neither should it be a yard stick for this season. 
I didn’t or don’t expect us to be in the playoffs but I expect to see some back bone, football, line ups that make sense. 
NW is not the right man for a project but don’t expect a project either otherwise you will be vastly disappointed. 

• Like 1