oneBoro Forum

Derby v Boro 2-1 (Kebano)

Typical stubborn pig headed manager, who doesn't like  admitting that the keeper he's brought in isn't good enough, brought in a striker Akbum who hasn't even got a decent goal scoring record, and it looks like Bolasie must have tweaked a hamstring or something reaching for the TV remote control another sick note signing, we certainly know how to pick them.

Warnock for all he's experience has made rookie mistakes why would you let a CB (Woods) go on loan when your short in that  position. Why would you start a game against Derby with your only fit CB on the bench and then get done by a header for the 1st goal and why would you bring a player in like Kebano who  likes the ball at his feet and constantly hump the ball long,  Warnocks tactics have been nothing short of abysmal.

• Like 5
  • Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Derby v Boro. 13th February 2021. 15:00. Pride Park.     Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the second edition of Choose your own Boroventure! Some of you may remember, many years ag

There is almost zero chance of this happening going by past behaviour from Gibson. He will be happy with finishing top half with his mate, just like he was with pulis. Also like with pulis, he's going

I tried 17 times and couldn’t get past the fit bitch on reception 🤷‍♂️

Posted Images

21 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I think we'll beat Huddersfield, so hopefully that will stop the slide and regain a bit of confidence.

4 defeats in 5 is terrible.

That has been the problem for sometime because we all think we might and none of us are actually confident we can. 

1 minute ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

It was interesting to read Warnock talk about Kazim Richards and really praising him up. Wonder why we didn’t try for him. Was on a free and Warnock had previously signed him.

Maybe we did try sign him and couldn’t/wouldn’t meet his wage demands?

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Possibly but that’s normally the type of story a local rag would run with in the week of a game. 

Agreed but possible signings have been kept very quiet in recent times. I don’t know anything different to you but I wondered was it Warnock giving a message to Steve Gibson? Almost like “you see I told you “ kind of scenario 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Agreed but possible signings have been kept very quiet in recent times. I don’t know anything different to you but I wondered was it Warnock giving a message to Steve Gibson? Almost like “you see I told you “ kind of scenario 🤷‍♂️

Quite possibly. I hope he is trying to motivate the three strikers we have as well. Seems to have turned on them since the last week of the window.

Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

Quite possibly. I hope he is trying to motivate the three strikers we have as well. Seems to have turned on them since the last week of the window.

That's the last kind of motivation Britt responds to. We seen it with pulis. In fact could pulis and Warnock be any more of a mirror image of each other?

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

That's the last kind of motivation Britt responds to. We seen it with pulis. In fact could pulis and Warnock be any more of a mirror image of each other?

Yawn, mate!

6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I find it strange because until now everyone talks about what a good man manager Warnock is.  I don’t see it with Britt but maybe he is already on his jollies

41 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

It was interesting to read Warnock talk about Kazim Richards and really praising him up. Wonder why we didn’t try for him. Was on a free and Warnock had previously signed him.

Because he's 34 and not actually that good.  15 year professional career and he's managed double figures once, when he got 11 goals.  This season is just about the best in his entire career at any level.  Warnock would be better served adapting his own thinking to the players we have rather than trying to force them into roles that don't suit them.

Didn't he same after one of the games in December that he had to find a way to play with two up front as none of them were suited to playing up top on their own?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Because he's 34 and not actually that good.  15 year professional career and he's managed double figures once, when he got 11 goals.  This season is just about the best in his entire career at any level.  Warnock would be better served adapting his own thinking to the players we have rather than trying to force them into roles that don't suit them.

Didn't he same after one of the games in December that he had to find a way to play with two up front as none of them were suited to playing up top on their own?

Well he would never be my choice but neither would Akpom. I just think it’s odd comments from Warnock.

I am not sure any manager really changes their own thinking. They tend to do things their own way and get the players in they want.

our strike force is weird none of them can play upfront on their own but I also don’t think there is a combination between them. 

We have recruited poor for years.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Well he would never be my choice but neither would Akpom. I just think it’s odd comments from Warnock.

I am not sure any manager really changes their own thinking. They tend to do things their own way and get the players in they want.

our strike force is weird none of them can play upfront on their own but I also don’t think there is a combination between them. 

We have recruited poor for years.

I think the comments are more about taking the heat off himself and putting it on to the players, in this case the strikers.

13 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Britt and Fletcher can play together.

They can play together well, so why don't they? Is there something going wrong on the training pitch, perhaps?

Personally, I think two up front is the only way Boro can move forward now. We've tried numerous permutations, but nothing will give us more chance while we persist in playing hoofball than having two players in the opposition's half who can feed off each other's knockdowns and passes.

• Like 1