oneBoro Forum

Boro v Huddersfield 2-1 (Watmore, Fletcher pen)

Bit of a struggle at the moment isn’t it?

Warnock.jpg

The wheels seem to have fallen off the Warnock express. Poor performances and an ever-increasing injury list seem to be denting hopes of a late play-off charge. It seems like, if that charge is going to happen, it must start on Tuesday night.

They meet Huddersfield, who have somehow managed to have an even worse run of form than Boro. 2 draws and 4 defeats from their last 6, losing to Wycombe in their last fixture. This really is a must win game if we want to have any designs on end of season glory.

Some questions to consider:

You are the manager. What do you change to make the team more of a threat going forward?

Is there any chance of a late push for the play offs?

You have offended Kenichi Shinoda, who is Kumicho (supreme kingpin, or chairman) of one of the Yakuza, a Japanese criminal empire. He has put a price on your head. You can pick one Boro player (past or present) to defend you from his assassins. Who do you pick and why?

• Like 3
  • Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just preparing myself for the game    

I'm at that point where I don't even think the team selection really matters- as long as we play hoof ball it doesn't matter who is in the team. That said, because we play hoof ball we certainly

I agree with @Borodane, the second half was very poor. We looked comfortable in the first 20mins or so of it but we had absolutely no intention of getting that extra goal. From about the 65th min they

Posted Images

Put Marvin Johnson back in. He's been one of our better players this season and has chipped in with the odd goal.  If and when he's fit enough, play Ashley Flecther alongside Britt. The latter has been pretty poor all season but Fletcher seems to bring out the best in him. 

• Like 2

Some questions to consider:

You are the manager. What do you change to make the team more of a threat going forward?

Well I'd try using a less defensive set-up for starters. Something where our striker has a chance of getting more support. For the record I have no idea if Watmore would be comfortable playing where I've put him, but he's still in a decent position to have some shots at goal IMO.

2087797683_BorovHuddersfield.PNG.bd56925747a28715c37a54b71ed48f63.PNG

Is there any chance of a late push for the play offs?

Not without a dramatic turnaround in performances and results. Which isn't impossible by any means...but increasingly unlikely.

You have offended Kenichi Shinoda, who is Kumicho (supreme kingpin, or chairman) of one of the Yakuza, a Japanese criminal empire. He has put a price on your head. You can pick on Boro player (past or present) to defend you from his assassins. Who do you pick and why?

Mark Schwarzer. He was a pretty good ahem...shot stopper... Just need to buy him some bulletproof gloves. 😁

• Like 1

Assuming Fry and Tav are out I don’t think it matters much what we do. I would probably go 4231

Bett

Djik Hall McNair Bola

Howson Morsy

NML Kebano Watmore

Fletcher

IF hall is out then probably a back 5 bring Johnson or Coulson in and move Bola inside along with McNair and Howson. It’s an absolutely God awful defence. 

We need to stop conceding goals to start with retain abit of possession. Hopefully Fry is back for this one if not would play Hall. I'd like 2 up top personally as we keep firing balls forward to isolated forwards who lose it as have no options up. 

Bettinali 

Dijksteel.     Hall.          Mcnair.     Bola

Morsey.    Howson 

Kebano.                                     ML

Watmore     Britt 

Just seen this game is on Sky Football. So we aren’t winning. 

Id go for:

Betenelli/Archer

Dijkstell Hall McNair Bola 

Howson Saville 

NML Kebano Johnson 

Fletcher 

Maybe Watmore for NML if he’s not fit to start. 

• Like 1

Archer

Fisher, Dijksteel, Hall, Bola

Howson, Saville

Watmore,     Mc'Nair,       Kebano

Fletcher

I would drop Morsy, cause he has been poor with the ball when we play bottom half teams - I would only play him vs top teams away from home.

I think Mc'Nair can slot in as a 10 - He has a decent pass and can shoot.

If them Yakuzis were after me I would call Juninja! 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Just seen this game is on Sky Football. So we aren’t winning. 

Id go for:

Betenelli/Archer

Dijkstell Hall McNair Bola 

Howson Saville 

NML Kebano Johnson 

Fletcher 

Maybe Watmore for NML if he’s not fit to start. 

We are on Sky sports action not main event so we might see some action from the boro 😉

How is McNair our most creative midfielder? Let’s not forget that for the most part he has been bang average when he’s played in midfield. On the flip side he’s been one of our best players at CB this season. It would be foolish to start changing McNairs position from CB, especially given we are conceding goals for fun now, and also while missing Fry. He’s a CB now and a good one at that. 

55 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

How is McNair our most creative midfielder? Let’s not forget that for the most part he has been bang average when he’s played in midfield. On the flip side he’s been one of our best players at CB this season. It would be foolish to start changing McNairs position from CB, especially given we are conceding goals for fun now, and also while missing Fry. He’s a CB now and a good one at that. 

Ya. Moving McNair wont solve the problem. Just creating another hole we don't have a player to fill. Plus he's arguably having his best season at CB. 

Seems the shape and players he's started in Midfield are the problem. As many have said before, when using 2 holding midfielders and 1 more advanced in a 4-2-3-1 we have better attacking stats while defending doesn't decreases greatly. 

NW wants to say the season starts now, wants to give it a real go at payoffs? Well he's failing his players by not putting them in a position to succeed while attacking. This is turning into Pulis all over again. Stubborn old man who would rather sit back and hope for a goal instead of using the creative players he has and play a positive possession type of football. Very sad to see. 

• Like 3