oneBoro Forum

Boro v Huddersfield 2-1 (Watmore, Fletcher pen)

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just preparing myself for the game    

I'm at that point where I don't even think the team selection really matters- as long as we play hoof ball it doesn't matter who is in the team. That said, because we play hoof ball we certainly

I agree with @Borodane, the second half was very poor. We looked comfortable in the first 20mins or so of it but we had absolutely no intention of getting that extra goal. From about the 65th min they

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Playoff charge was supposed to happen against Derby, and we were shocking.

It won't start tonight either.

2-0 defeat and we slump further towards mid-table mediocrity (at least it's an improvement on last season.)

You sound like me 😁

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Playoff charge was supposed to happen against Derby, and we were shocking.

It won't start tonight either.

2-0 defeat and we slump further towards mid-table mediocrity (at least it's an improvement on last season.)

We are only three points ahead of Luton in 15th!

Mid table might be the pinnacle of our achievements if Warnock keeps playing Hoofball.

3 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Assombalonga missed a sitter after minutes, Kebano scored a beauty from the edge of the box in the 21st minute. 

Bettinelli actually made a couple of vital saves in the first half.

Hall defended embarrassingly to allow Aarons to equalise at the cusp of half time.

Boro got a soft penalty from a corner, easily saved as McNair telegraphed it all the way.

Then Boro got another penalty, this time for handball, McNair's shot is easily saved again.

Boro got a third penalty in the 84th minute, for handball by Jonathan Hogg, Assombalonga slotted away comfortably as McNair sulked in the corner. 2-1

Grant Hall gave away a penalty for a bad tackle in the 87th minute, but Bettinelli dived fantastically to save it and keep Boro in front.

Ended 2-1 Middlesbrough.

Now this totally accurate simulation means we're going to win

Obviously 2 of the Boro penalties were only missed because I'm *** at FIFA 21 penalties, and Hall only defended badly because of me, but it just seemed so realistic.

Cant you play beginner next time so we can expect 19-0?

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I'm fairly sure we'll win this one. Derby are a poor team but we're in a decent run of form. Huddersfield are a poor team and are in a hopeless run of form. Think we'll have just about enough. 

They are probably thinking the same as our form is hopeless too.

4pts this year for us and 2pts for them.

• Like 1

Got to remain optimistic. Boros the only real thing I look forward too these days. Hopefully we can get a nice win tonight and start another run. Most of the teams round us are messing up just as much as we are challenging for that 6th spot. A win tonight and we could only be 3 points off 6th.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

I'm fairly sure we'll win this one. Derby are a poor team but we're in a decent run of form. Huddersfield are a poor team and are in a hopeless run of form. Think we'll have just about enough. 

Just glad we are in a rich vein of form then 🙂

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/middlesbrough/form-guide/four

I think this will be a dire game of football, our home form of late is crap (maybe its the pressure and expectation put on by the home crowd) and Huddersfield are poor so I'll go for a 1-1 draw, and a can I have my tenner back please for lack of entertainment.