oneBoro Forum

Boro v Huddersfield 2-1 (Watmore, Fletcher pen)

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just preparing myself for the game    

I'm at that point where I don't even think the team selection really matters- as long as we play hoof ball it doesn't matter who is in the team. That said, because we play hoof ball we certainly

I agree with @Borodane, the second half was very poor. We looked comfortable in the first 20mins or so of it but we had absolutely no intention of getting that extra goal. From about the 65th min they

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Dangerous and reckless play is the law which means red.

Brantwaite's was clearly that

Mcnair was clearly that

To pull the rule up again, a referee can send off a player for Serious Foul Play and so...

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

I'd say from what I saw of it, he was lunging in and he was going in with force. So I'm not convinced it gets overturned but I really need to see it back.

• Like 1

Although we were really struggling at the end, I will take the three points because on balance I think we deserved them. At least three of our players, Fletch, Neeskens and Fisher ran out of steam after 60 minutes and that was when tide turned and it began to resemble a remake of Zulu. Bettinelli had a half-decent game by his standards and definitely intended the reflex save but he is still too weak for my liking. Watmore seems to be getting his mojo back and shows what persistence can get you, Paddy card probably right by letter of the law, but no intent to harm in my eyes, so worth appealing, especially if ref going by word of linesman as he was seeing it from a very poor position with Paddy facing towards centre of pitch. Hall was effective when required and thought Bola had reasonable game but Dijksteel looked as though he was struggling a bit though maybe I am judging him on the standards from before his injury. If Fry and Tav are fit enough, would put them at least on bench at weekend and depending on circumstances give them some minutes at the end. Main thing is three points. UTB  

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

To pull the rule up again, a referee can send off a player for Serious Foul Play and so...

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

I'd say from what I saw of it, he was lunging in and he was going in with force. So I'm not convinced it gets overturned but I really need to see it back.

Like yourself I'd need to see it again but it looked to me like the Huddersfield player had lost the ball (or it had broke away from him) and McNair just made sure it was cleared. Watching it in real time it just looked like a determined clearance to me, the thought of a free kick never entered my mind let a lone a yellow and heaven forbid a red. Usually when watching games you get that little anal twitch when you see a tackle flying in and you just sense and know  (like Morsy's booking earlier) instinctively but I genuinely didn't even think free kick!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Like yourself I'd need to see it again but it looked to me like the Huddersfield player had lost the ball (or it had broke away from him) and McNair just made sure it was cleared. Watching it in real time it just looked like a determined clearance to me, the thought of a free kick never entered my mind let a lone a yellow and heaven forbid a red. Usually when watching games you get that little anal twitch when you see a tackle flying in and you just sense and know  (like Morsy's booking earlier) instinctively but I genuinely didn't even think free kick!

Yeah you weren't on your own there, a lot of people seem to think it wasn't even a free kick so maybe that's why there's so much outrage over the red card but I could really do with a better view of it myself. Like you say, the Morsy one made me feel similar.

• Like 1

Fry will definitely be playing at Reading. 

After tonight hard to change any of Watmore, Kebano and Fletcher.

Assuming McNair is banned might be Fry for McNair. Dijksteel to right back. Kebano and Tav on the wing. Watmore and Fletcher up front perhaps. 

9 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

Looks clear as a rule doesn’t it? However, what happens when the ball is loose and the player “lunges” at the ball and the opponent moves across to try to recover it? The tackler hasn’t lunged at the opponent, but ends up getting opponent as well. 
seems to me that’s what happened last night. Ball had been knocked sideways by opponent and McNair saw it clearly and did lunge in a bit to get it. Opponent tried to recover at same time and ended up where McNair was sliding in. 
I think it is one of those that could go either way. Depends maybe what ref puts in report. If he didn’t really see it and relied on assistant then assistant was a poor angle and distant to see intent and whether the lunge was at the player. If ref did see it, then why didn’t he send him straight off or issue a yellow card. He obviously wasn’t sure himself, which must help in any appeal.

• Like 1