oneBoro Forum

Boro v Huddersfield 2-1 (Watmore, Fletcher pen)

27 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

That's what I was thinking but surely the club would have looked at their evidence and figured it was a waste of time and he did make contact or perhaps they have angles that we haven't seen and are convinced. I would be surprised if they risked a bigger ban for a frivolous appeal and surely it would be more than just NW calling the shots in something like this? 

Memory fails me but wasn't there a recent sending off (in the last couple of years) that we won when it looked nailed on, maybe it's just me and I'm imagining things?

We're on a good run of appeals I think we're at 5 of the last 6 or something silly like that have been overturned.

• Like 2
  • Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just preparing myself for the game    

I'm at that point where I don't even think the team selection really matters- as long as we play hoof ball it doesn't matter who is in the team. That said, because we play hoof ball we certainly

I agree with @Borodane, the second half was very poor. We looked comfortable in the first 20mins or so of it but we had absolutely no intention of getting that extra goal. From about the 65th min they

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He'd seen it on the tablet multiple times before the interview, you can even see him watching it back while Paddy is walking off the pitch, so try again.

You said he seen something we didn't, at the very most he seen the same thing we did and had a much higher level of emotional investment so the point stands. 

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

You said he seen something we didn't, at the very most he seen the same thing we did and had a much higher level of emotional investment so the point stands. 

How do you know he'd only seen what we saw? They could well have far more access to angles than we do.

There is a awful lot of discussion regarding the red card probably as much as the game itself. 
If the studs are showing going into or at the time of the tackle it’s a red, intent or not.  I’ll stay what I first stated watching it back in slow motion, studs were shown, a red. 
I support a red for studs shown only because in my early days I’ve had some very nasty injuries. 
I hope to be proven wrong.. 

2 hours ago, Rishworthian said:

From those excellent slowed down shots it is clear that the ball was free.  I took the view that Paddy got to the ball first and that Bacuna was slightly later.  Hence McNair has the ball and the tackle was from Bacuna.

With that logic it cannot possibly be a red card.  It is not even a foul

Exactly how I see it @Rishworthian

• Like 1

Watching it (yet again) in normal speed and going back a little bit in play and seeing it in full context Paddy's slide seemed to be fairly slow rather than a deliberate lunge and I've swayed back again to it being fairly innocuous. I can se the appeal going either way.

3 hours ago, Brunners said:

We're on a good run of appeals I think we're at 5 of the last 6 or something silly like that have been overturned.

Which means that we've had 5 crap decisions that may have cost us points!

Speaking of crap decisions - according to Sofascore Mr Dean Whitestone has not been given a game to referee since his appalling decision against us on 24/01 which will be a 4 week ban  garden leave when Saturdays game comes up.

Prior to this he was doing a couple a week

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Watching it (yet again) in normal speed and going back a little bit in play and seeing it in full context Paddy's slide seemed to be fairly slow rather than a deliberate lunge and I've swayed back again to it being fairly innocuous. I can se the appeal going either way.

Is there a third option?🙂

@Smogzilla

Reading "cough"

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Is there a third option?🙂

Yes!

Bacuna gets a retrospective red card for elbowing Morsy in the face in the build up just before and therefore the McNair tackle should never have happened if a free kick had been awarded to Boro making the McNair challenge null and void 🙂

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Yes!

Bacuna gets a retrospective red card for elbowing Morsy in the face in the build up just before and therefore the McNair tackle should never have happened if a free kick had been awarded to Boro making the McNair challenge null and void 🙂

Making all other games results questionable therefore the season starts again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Yes!

The butterfly affect, mmmmmmm 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Making all other games results questionable therefore the season starts again!

Don’t do that Alan we would probably end up in the bottom 3 if that happened 😫

• Wow 1