oneBoro Forum

Boro v Huddersfield 2-1 (Watmore, Fletcher pen)

You are the manager. What do you change to make the team more of a threat going forward?

Bets

Fisher Hall Mcnair Bola

Howson Saville 

Spence      Kebano        Johnson

Fletch 

Is there any chance of a late push for the play offs?

Yeh but i dont think we will. We will carry on playing hoofball and blaming the referee's. 

You have offended Kenichi Shinoda, who is Kumicho (supreme kingpin, or chairman) of one of the Yakuza, a Japanese criminal empire. He has put a price on your head. You can pick one Boro player (past or present) to defend you from his assassins. Who do you pick and why

Betinelli becuase he will fumble anything thrown at him thus killing him and never playing in goal for us again. 

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just preparing myself for the game    

I'm at that point where I don't even think the team selection really matters- as long as we play hoof ball it doesn't matter who is in the team. That said, because we play hoof ball we certainly

I agree with @Borodane, the second half was very poor. We looked comfortable in the first 20mins or so of it but we had absolutely no intention of getting that extra goal. From about the 65th min they

Posted Images

Positive news on Fry Tav and Bolasie ladies and gentleman.

Fry could be back tomorrow. Possibly reading. If it was last game of season and it counted for something then Fry would play

Tav a few days to a week behind Fry so looking at Reading or Bristol

Bolasie not as bas as first feared. As per Fry if it was last game of aeason and it counted he would be involved. Should be back sooner rather than later.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just read on the MFC site:

"Over in Germany, St Pauli’s revival in Bundesliga 2 continues as Dejan Stojanovic clocked up his seventh appearance in a 2-1 win in Nuremburg. St Pauli have climbed up to 13th in the table."

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't St. Pauli relegation bound when Stoj joined them?

It's just a shame we couldn't find a big solid Keeper from somewhere.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Just read on the MFC site:

"Over in Germany, St Pauli’s revival in Bundesliga 2 continues as Dejan Stojanovic clocked up his seventh appearance in a 2-1 win in Nuremburg. St Pauli have climbed up to 13th in the table."

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't St. Pauli relegation bound when Stoj joined them?

It's just a shame we couldn't find a big solid Keeper from somewhere.

They were 17th when he joined, up 4 places.

8 points clear of automatic relegation now.

They'd won one game all season when he joined, 5 wins, 2 draws and a defeat since. Only one clean sheet though, so it's hard to tell how much of that can be attributed to him.

• Like 1

Normally I like catching up on the MD threads after the games but lately its been a bit rinse and repeat. 

The midfield 3 could work if we let them play football. As it is I think they are in the side because they are solid and are perceived better at the man marking side. I would drop to 2, play a more forward CAM/2nd striker. If Warnock persists with the 3cm and hoofs, I would line everyone up and pick the side in height order.

Is there a chance of a push? Yes. Will we take it? I highly doubt it. Warnock coming out after Derby and basicslly saying we have no quality up top isnt what I would have dine a d doesnt seem fair considering our ST are often isolated and dealing with a ball coming down with snow on it.

I would choose Huth to deal with the Yakuza as he looks like the kind of guy you see in action films single handedly taking out a group of armed men 1 by 1.

• Like 2
On 2/14/2021 at 6:46 PM, GrimsbyBoro said:

I do apologise it’s just that misery loves company.

On a slight tangent, Misery Loves Co are the sort of band Boro fans should be listening to at the moment. Pathologically miserable, hard going at times, but entirely in keeping with the current mood.

On 2/14/2021 at 12:24 PM, Smogzilla said:

You are the manager. What do you change to make the team more of a threat going forward?

Is there any chance of a late push for the play offs?

You have offended Kenichi Shinoda, who is Kumicho (supreme kingpin, or chairman) of one of the Yakuza, a Japanese criminal empire. He has put a price on your head. You can pick one Boro player (past or present) to defend you from his assassins. Who do you pick and why?

1. What do I change? The tactics! Hoofball is going down about as well as a paper bag full of sick in a curry house, so drop it (the hoofball, not the paper bag). Go 4-1-3-2, with Howson holding and Saville more advanced alongside Kebano and whichever one of Tav, Bolassie or NML can lace up their boots, put Fletcher up front with Britt, and TELL EVERYONE NOT TO HOOF IT. Tattoo it inside their eyelids, bribe their partners to whisper it into their ears while they're asleep, tell them there's a bomb in the ball that will explode if it travels more than 20 yards at once. Personally, I'd also drop Bettinelli, because we'd be better off with a Dalek between the sticks, or just playing no keeper like kids in the park when nobody will volunteer. Either that, or tell Bettinelli he can only throw the ball out, rather than kicking and instantly gifting possession to the opposition. He loses a week's wages every time he hoofs it.

2. If we drop hoofball, the play-offs are attainable. If we don't, they're not. 

3. Graeme Souness would make your boy Shinoda cry. Graeme Souness makes onions cry.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Archer

Fisher, Mcnair, Hall, Bola

Kebano, Howson, Morsy ,Johnson

Fletcher Watmore

Got to drop under performing players like Britt, Saville (of late I must admit he's done well on the whole this season) and betenelli. Got to have a go at these id go 4,4,2 Watmore and Fletcher should have plenty of movement upfront which usually creates chances once you start pulling defenders around.

• Confused 1

I'd stopped doing some of my superstitions before the matches recently, so that's clearly why we've been losing.

Boro top is going on today for the first time in 4 matches, and I'm going to play against Huddersfield on FIFA.  If I beat them, I'm more confident we'll win.

Assombalonga missed a sitter after minutes, Kebano scored a beauty from the edge of the box in the 21st minute. 

Bettinelli actually made a couple of vital saves in the first half.

Hall defended embarrassingly to allow Aarons to equalise at the cusp of half time.

Boro got a soft penalty from a corner, easily saved as McNair telegraphed it all the way.

Then Boro got another penalty, this time for handball, McNair's shot is easily saved again.

Boro got a third penalty in the 84th minute, for handball by Jonathan Hogg, Assombalonga slotted away comfortably as McNair sulked in the corner. 2-1

Grant Hall gave away a penalty for a bad tackle in the 87th minute, but Bettinelli dived fantastically to save it and keep Boro in front.

Ended 2-1 Middlesbrough.

Now this totally accurate simulation means we're going to win

Obviously 2 of the Boro penalties were only missed because I'm *** at FIFA 21 penalties, and Hall only defended badly because of me, but it just seemed so realistic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Assombalonga missed a sitter after minutes, Kebano scored a beauty from the edge of the box in the 21st minute. 

Bettinelli actually made a couple of vital saves in the first half.

Hall defended embarrassingly to allow Aarons to equalise at the cusp of half time.

Boro got a soft penalty from a corner, easily saved as McNair telegraphed it all the way.

Then Boro got another penalty, this time for handball, McNair's shot is easily saved again.

Boro got a third penalty in the 84th minute, for handball by Jonathan Hogg, Assombalonga slotted away comfortably as McNair sulked in the corner. 2-1

Grant Hall gave away a penalty for a bad tackle in the 87th minute, but Bettinelli dived fantastically to save it and keep Boro in front.

Ended 2-1 Middlesbrough.

Now this totally accurate simulation means we're going to win

Obviously 2 of the Boro penalties were only missed because I'm *** at FIFA 21 penalties, and Hall only defended badly because of me, but it just seemed so realistic.

I don’t think Boro get 3 penalties in a season @TeaCider24 never mind in one game 😃

However I will happily settle for the outcome of a 2-1 win to Boro

If we persist with the same footballing style, we need to start thinking about going 2 strikers up top. None of our strikers are going to be able to compete with many centre backs in this league physically or aerially, let alone doing it solo up top. Starting with 2 at least allows us to give the opposition more to think about when we launch balls over our midfield. Plus thinking of probabilities having 2 players trying to hold the ball up is better than one. 

Or...radical thinking this...we adapt our style of play to better suit the type of football that our strikers can play. Of all the strikers we have, (Britt, Akpom and Fletcher) I don't think any of them really suit a style of play that is focussed on second balls or aerial balls. Drop the 3rd midfielder and get someone to play behind the lone striker or alongside the lone striker and focus on getting the ball on the ground and interplay between our attacking players. They are capable of that, I'm thinking of the interplay for the goal against Hull between Britt and Fletcher as a good example of it.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I don’t think Boro get 3 penalties in a season @TeaCider24 never mind in one game 😃

However I will happily settle for the outcome of a 2-1 win to Boro

Feels like we never get penalties anymore.

2 all season, Norwich have had 8, and we lost both of the games we got penalties in.

Part of that is obviously because of how little time we spend in the opposition box.

• Like 1