oneBoro Forum

Boro v Huddersfield 2-1 (Watmore, Fletcher pen)

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Hope fletch has a decent game but I think he's had some of the famous missing from the team over rating from Boro fans. He's only impressed in flashes, much like Britt.

Think you do him a disservice there, to be honest. I thought he was great last year at times and I wouldn't even class him as the same kind of forward as Britt anyway. The things Fletch has impressed with are more varied than what Britt has, for me. Fletch's interplay was great at times, he combined pretty well with other attacking players whereas Britt's biggest issue has often been contributing very little to the build-up play. Same as Akpom too, apart from a couple of off-the-ball runs, Akpom doesn't seem to do much with the ball unless he's a couple of yards from goal.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just preparing myself for the game    

I'm at that point where I don't even think the team selection really matters- as long as we play hoof ball it doesn't matter who is in the team. That said, because we play hoof ball we certainly

I agree with @Borodane, the second half was very poor. We looked comfortable in the first 20mins or so of it but we had absolutely no intention of getting that extra goal. From about the 65th min they

Posted Images

It's got to be wingbacks .. 

I am happy with that team!  (bar Butternelli) 

Bola and Fisher will make good wing backs .. 

Mc'Nair can push forward  better .. 

Hall will do well in a 3 

Dijksteel as well 

Kebab as a 10 .. Watmore and Fletch up top .. What's not to like? 

I'm with Blanco here .. 4-0!

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

For me, tonight isn't about performance. It's about getting the win at all costs regardless of how the goals come etc.

Completely agree. 

Win at all costs tonight to arrest the slump. The better football (wishful thinking perhaps) can come later.

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I think it’s the usual 433, it’ll be Watmore and Kebano on the wings, Fletch up front with McNair moved into midfield and 4 at the back. 

It could be and I also thought that, but I really really really hope it's not! 

25 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Definitely a back 3 with wingbacks. I don’t think NW rates the Dijksteel-McNair centre back partnership (I certainly don’t) and wants an extra body in there. Hall will hopefully offer a bit more height and strength as we were totally bullied by Derby and Rotherham. 
What a difference Fry and Tav would make to this team though, no wonder Warnock is bemoaning it. 

im going for 1-1. 

If it's a back 3 then I'd suggest he also doesn't rate Hall that highly either otherwise he'd just play Hall with McNair.

I thought Tavernier was overrated? 

• Confused 1
7 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Completely agree. 

Win at all costs tonight to arrest the slump. The better football (wishful thinking perhaps) can come later.

It's never going to come with this manager, as I'm sure you already know.

• Like 1

In doubt about whether I should buy the stream tonight. Looks like he has made some changes so it might be a decent chance to see a win. However my gut says it’s going to be a disappointment again.