• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Left to right - Myself, @trekkers, @Ever_the_optimist, @Downsouth, @dunnerzzz and @Borodane.    STill in pretty good spirits considering we'd just lost a play off final!

Bloody hell, if that's important to you all 🙄

We all know what Anthony Vickers looks like anyway mate.

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

True 

Let's have a look so we can judge our selves 🙃

Fair warning...I don't take a very good photo. Either as the subject or camera operator. Anyway, one dodgy selfie coming up... 🤪

944367603_DSC_0005(576x1024).jpg.8baef37e73ebbc4dae6b50b210898542.jpg

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Must say though your musical tastes are more varied than mine. You wouldn't catch me going to the Proms, either here or in Dubai. I don't mind the odd bit of classical music, but not a whole evening's worth.

I enjoy a bit of classical, but the Proms visit was the wife's idea. She was an award-winning mezzo soprano in her teens, so she has a far greater classical knowledge than I do.

Still, there's lots of crossover between metal and classical, and I do enjoy symphonic metal. And the Proms night was pretty awesome!

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I enjoy a bit of classical, but the Proms visit was the wife's idea. She was an award-winning mezzo soprano in her teens, so she has a far greater classical knowledge than I do.

Still, there's lots of crossover between metal and classical, and I do enjoy symphonic metal. And the Proms night was pretty awesome!

I remember when Apocalyptica played at Eurovision the year after Lordi won it...that was a proper headfuck

(and incredible)

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Cool! Would love to see her duet with the Go Compare guy! :classic_cool:

I'm a big fan of bands like Nightwish, Sirenia and Within Temptation. Classical / Metal crossover works very well. But then metal works with so many other genres as well.

@Denzel Zanzibar Was lucky enough to see Apocalyptica at Sonisphere quite a few years ago. Absolutely brilliant!

• Like 1

I dont have anything particularly recent because it feels like I havent been outside in a year, but to continue the trend here is me also on a holiday! My hair is blonde on top all over now.

@AnglianRed I saw apocalyptica there too. I went to all bar the very first sonisphere and I still miss it terribly 😞

14947641_10207579055421342_1691847321981066866_n.jpg

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

My stupid human decided to photobomb me Christmas before last but I like this picture of me. 😸

image.thumb.png.7ba77f0cbdf4dd1dd7dce02fb636e583.png

Seeing that picture next to your profile picture, makes it more understandable why you like Bola's facial expression so much 😉 

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

I dont have anything particularly recent because it feels like I havent been outside in a year, but to continue the trend here is me also on a holiday! My hair is blonde on top all over now.

@AnglianRed I saw apocalyptica there too. I went to all bar the very first sonisphere and I still miss it terribly 😞

14947641_10207579055421342_1691847321981066866_n.jpg

I'm not the only Protest the Hero fan in the world! Someone else likes them, too!

(I know they're actually quite popular, but none of my mates have ever really 'got' them, whereas I absolutely adore them. Scurrilous is one of the best albums ever released in any genre of music, IMHO.

13 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I'm not the only Protest the Hero fan in the world! Someone else likes them, too!

(I know they're actually quite popular, but none of my mates have ever really 'got' them, whereas I absolutely adore them. Scurrilous is one of the best albums ever released in any genre of music, IMHO.

I agree and Hair-Trigger is probably one of my favourite songs ever written, I love it 🙂

Also I actually really enjoyed Palimpsest. I was a bit underwhelmed by Pacific Myth, but Palimpsest was a banger IMO. 

Another album I liked last year actually was Afterburner by Dance Gavin Dance. That was absolutely top notch.

In fact 2020 was a really good year for music actually, I put all my favourite albums into one playlist and 2020 consists of 125 albums 😂

• Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

My stupid human decided to photobomb me Christmas before last but I like this picture of me. 😸

image.thumb.png.7ba77f0cbdf4dd1dd7dce02fb636e583.png

If we're doing cat pics, I'm going to humbly submit this one. This is quite old now but I always laugh at how just not-dealing-with-this-*** my cat looks.

8.jpg

4 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

13BA2D19-7768-4394-A04B-DF58A335903A.jpeg.d1ef2c998dac41f3441c9490ea01ae40.jpeg

This is me, but then you already know that as it’s the photo on my profile  

I never realised that was your real hair. I always thought you had a shower cap on or something. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2