oneBoro Forum

Reading V Boro 0-2 (Fletcher, Bola)

Hello again everyone!

Boro returned to winning ways on Tuesday night but face a much tougher test at the weekend. They travel to Reading, who are 3 places and 8 points ahead of Warnock’s warriors in the table.

Reading beat Bristol City 2-0 in their last fixture. Their recent form has been inconsistent however, with them picking up just 1 point from their 3 games prior to the Bristol fixture. Lucas Joao has notched up 17 goals so far this season and they have some great technical young players. Will old Colin be able to shut them down? I bloody hope so….

Some questions to consider:

At the time of writing, Boro are appealing Paddy McNair’s red card from Tuesday night. If their appeal is unsuccessful, who would you pick in our defensive line?

Would you stick with Ashley Fletcher up top?

Who do you honestly think will get promoted this season?

BORO MURDER MYSTERY!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have some grim news. NEIL BAUSOR IS DEAD.

The police have been investigating the crime for months but have reached a dead end. They have narrowed down the list of suspects to 6 individuals. They KNOW one of the following people is the killer:

Neil Warnock

George Saville

Britt Assombalonga

Keith Lamb

Duncan Watmore

Sam Morsy

They have listed all the suspects movements from the evening of the murder. Can you figure it out? Who doesn’t have an Alibi, and is therefore the KILLER?

Bausor was killed at 8pm

Sam left the training ground at 6pm. He drove into Middlesbrough and decided to go to the cinema. He called Warnock and asked if he wanted to watch a film with him, but he said he was busy, so he called Duncan instead. He agreed to come, so they went to watch an action film. It started at 6.30 and lasted for 2 hours.

At 7pm, Keith walked into Sainsburys. He had a lot of shopping to do so it took him over an hour and a half to get everything he wanted. As he was leaving the shop, he saw Warnock coming into Hurworth. He looked very angry!

After finishing training for the day, George decided to use the gym at Rockliffe to do some warm-down exercises for a while. He was very stressed after a long day of shooting drills, which had finally finished at 6.30. He decided that using the gym for an hour would be a good idea. He saw Sam leaving the training ground at 6pm looking very excited!

Britt was running late! He had a driving lesson after training but had fallen asleep! He rushed out of his house and went to meet his instructor! His 1-hour lesson was supposed to start at 7.30!

Warnock was furious! He got home after a bad day at training to find that bloody Bausor had completely messed up the paperwork for his new star signing! He was so annoyed! He decided to go back to the training ground and shout at Bausor for making him look bad! He would get on the bus at 7.30 and then walk into the training ground to give him a piece of his mind! He sat angrily on the bus for 45 minutes then stormed into Rockliffe, determined to have it out with Bausor once and for all!

WHO DOESN’T HAVE AN ALIBI?

WHO IS THE KILLER!?

• Like 5
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I came to the conclusion that Britt couldn’t possibly the murderer because he would have shot and missed. 

Terrific result today. Apologies if anyone has already mentioned this, but our run in couldn’t be much better if you hand picked it. We play the current bottom 3 in our last 6 games and no one current

Just thought I’d bump this #soothsayer 😉

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

At the time of writing, Boro are appealing Paddy McNair’s red card from Tuesday night. If their appeal is unsuccessful, who would you pick in our defensive line?

Fisher Dijksteel Fry Hall Bola

Hell yes.

Norwich look nailed on, Brentford are in great form so I think they might actually do it this year and I have a feeling Watford will make it too.

Hall and Fry

Yes, he is our best striker and deserves to keep his place. I would like him to sign a new contract too. 

Norwich 

Brentford 

Swansea 

Can't see us getting anything from this one. No doubt we will concede within the first 10 minutes. 

Reading 3-1 

What I find interesting about the FA statement is that it suggests it was a 3-match suspension. Yet our original appeal statement suggested it was only one match.

Both ours and their statements say it was for serious foul play, meaning not considered violent conduct therefore shouldn't have been a 3-match suspension.

It's all very odd. I'm surprised it's been overturned nonetheless.

23 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Quite right... joke of a decision. 

I feel like we've actually had a few reds overturned in recent seasons? 

I think we're up to something silly like 6 of the last 7 reds have been overturned.

• Wow 2
15 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

What I find interesting about the FA statement is that it suggests it was a 3-match suspension. Yet our original appeal statement suggested it was only one match.

Both ours and their statements say it was for serious foul play, meaning not considered violent conduct therefore shouldn't have been a 3-match suspension.

It's all very odd. I'm surprised it's been overturned nonetheless.

According to this PDF from the FA website, Serious Foul Play apparently is 3 matches

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/cfa/berks-bucksfa/files/discipline/fa-discipline-regulations/yellow-and-red-card-offence-codes.ashx

I am not overly concerned about this game, yes Reading are in good form but this is a happy hunting ground for Boro.

Am sure we will give a far better account than of late and fully expect at least a draw at worst!

I thought Hall had a decent game on Tuesday and have to confess that he looked far better than my opinion of him thus far. If Fry is fully fit then he should be first name on the team sheet but if still struggling it's not worth the risk if Hall is ready to go again.