Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Reading V Boro 0-2 (Fletcher, Bola)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I came to the conclusion that Britt couldn’t possibly the murderer because he would have shot and missed. 

Terrific result today. Apologies if anyone has already mentioned this, but our run in couldn’t be much better if you hand picked it. We play the current bottom 3 in our last 6 games and no one current

Just thought I’d bump this #soothsayer 😉

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, El1986 said:

It’ll be ironic either way, if either club denies the other one a play off spot or promotion 😬😁

Oh dear.... imagine the meltdown if he guides Bournemouth into the playoffs at our expense 😫

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, El1986 said:

Terrific result today. Apologies if anyone has already mentioned this, but our run in couldn’t be much better if you hand picked it. We play the current bottom 3 in our last 6 games and no one currently above 10th. If we are within 3-5 points off the play offs after the Watford game, we have a great chance of making it. Especially, if we are within 3 -5 points of 2 teams. (I think it’s important to be within reach of 2 teams as it massively improves the odds). Also importantly, we play nearly all the teams around and above us, with the exception of the top 2. We have an absolutely crucial run of games coming up and we seem to be on the up. 2 wins in a row with important players coming back from injury, could be great timing for a solid run to the finish. Today’s result and the results of those around us will give us massive confidence going into this tough run. We  now have a squad with competition for places, where we can rest players (so important with so many games), play different formations and we actually have a bench that can change a game. I’m so hopeful we can make the play offs. If we’re already in a play off spot going into the last 6 games, I don’t see how we don’t make it 😁😁. If only we had got Warnock in instead of Monk. I totally believe we would’ve gone straight back up, or at the very least the year after, without spunking all our money up the wall. Anyway, if wishes were fishes .... 😁

I disagree that teams near the bottom are easier to get points against in the run in - just look at Barnsley and us in the final few games last season.  I would far rather have mid table teams that can't get into the play offs and are safe from going down.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Oh dear.... imagine the meltdown if he guides Bournemouth into the playoffs at our expense 😫

Surely people who watched us last season wouldn't view it as anything other than him fluking it with a higher quality squad??  We were absolutely awful and Woodgate was totally clueless how to fix things. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, White Band said:

Surely people who watched us last season wouldn't view it as anything other than him fluking it with a higher quality squad??  We were absolutely awful and Woodgate was totally clueless how to fix things. 

If he's got any sense he won't attempt to fix anything.  The squad is good enough to go up, their performances, even considering they've sacked a manager, are good enough to have them in the top 6.  They obviously can't get the person they'd prefer so this is the short term solution but if he's sensible he won't try and change much at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2021 at 9:25 AM, Uwe said:

The only real hope we have is that it will be the most Boro thing to do. Lose against the likes of Derby, Rotherham, Birmingham who are right at the bottom of the league and then beat a good Reading side. 
2-0 Boro it is 

Just thought I’d bump this #soothsayer 😉

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is the wrong thread to discuss JW appointment at Bournemouth but @Changing Times has pretty much nailed it. JW got the Bournemouth job out of circumstance. They have  interviewed many candidates it seems without much luck so are probably going to reassess in the summer.

I don rate Woodgate as a coach despite the fact I do think he has good knowledge on football. However, that is where it ends for me with him, its just theory he possesses. I don't think he has much ability to put the theory in practice. 

People will rightly point out to the fact he has had a good start but many managers do enjoy a honeymoon period. His next 2 games are V Cardiff and Watford which will be a good test for him because as @Changing Times said, if he cannot get this Bournemouth squad in the play offs come end of the season then there is little hope for him as a manager/head coach at this level.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sackrobson2 said:

Sounds like a good performance and clearly a great result. Anyone know where I can find highlights that can be watched from overseas? 

If you sign up to mfc.co.uk you get about 10 mins of highlights and, if you can wait a day or so, the full match (not sure if this is just the home games). 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen an alarming habit that Dael Fry has developed (or maybe he has always had it) and it was there again yesterday

His improvement has been colossal since he came back from his injury so I'm not being over critical hopefully but he does need to stop turning his back on shots.

The best centre half's (think Mogga) stand up to the ball and if it hits you in the face then that's where you get good looks that frightens centre forwards and you've stopped a goal bound effort!

He's not the only one that does by any means

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Snake said:

I've seen an alarming habit that Dael Fry has developed (or maybe he has always had it) and it was there again yesterday

His improvement has been colossal since he came back from his injury so I'm not being over critical hopefully but he does need to stop turning his back on shots.

The best centre half's (think Mogga) stand up to the ball and if it hits you in the face then that's where you get good looks that frightens centre forwards and you've stopped a goal bound effort!

He's not the only one that does by any means

I wouldn't be surprised if this trend was developing as an anti handball measure. Same reason they all clasp their hands behind their backs when they're trying to block now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this trend was developing as an anti handball measure. Same reason they all clasp their hands behind their backs when they're trying to block now.

I think this is spot on. It's how players have to defend now referees will give a penalty for the ball bouncing up and hitting your hand while you're looking the other way. The handball rule isn't fit for purpose as it currently stands.

Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...