oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City 1-3 (Fry)

Hello…. again!

Warnock plane.jpg

(Found this on reddit - very odd haha)

Boro’s season seems to have spluttered back into life again. The perfect professional performance against Reading has seen us creep back to 3 points off the play off spots. We have 2 home games this week, the first of which comes against Bristol City, whose season has completely imploded.

They have lost 6 games in a row, sacking manager Dean Holden in the process. They lost 1-0 last time out to an in-form Barnsley side and will be desperate to stop the rot against Boro on Tuesday night.

Let’s hope we can avoid a “typical Boro” performance here and get a proper run going!

Some questions to consider:

Would you keep the same line-up from Saturday?

Jonathan Woodgate has inexplicably been given the Bournemouth job until the end of the season. What is your most memorable moment from his disastrous tenure at Boro?

You are George Saville’s lawyer. He is facing murder charges over the death of Neil Bausor. You must assemble a crack legal team to defend him in court. However, the budget is tight, and you can only choose from Middlesbrough players (past & present). Who do you pick, and why?

• Like 2
  • Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I swear to God, some of you guys love to swim around in all the agony.  Some of you even swim around on your backs, using a straw to take small sips from the Lake of Agony, then guggeling the nice war

As long as we give him the best boots. 

I for one hope Warnock stays next season. Majority of people were happy/expected mid table when he took over. Now we are there and achieving that, you all want him out?  This squad isn’t very good,

Posted Images

Would you keep the same line-up from Saturday?

Yes I would. I'd be keeping the 352 for the rest of the season. Only changes I would make to the current team would be done when Yannick and Tav are back.

Jonathan Woodgate has inexplicably been given the Bournemouth job until the end of the season. What is your most memorable moment from his disastrous tenure at Boro?

Probably the first game of the season, the 3-3 draw with Luton where I felt that we might not be very good but it looked like it would be an exciting rollercoaster. Then it all fell apart.

Although another memorable moment was his "the table is lying" speech. And also the reddit thread that went viral about all the stupid things Woodgate had said.

You are George Saville’s lawyer. He is facing murder charges over the death of Neil Bausor. You must assemble a crack legal team to defend him in court. However, the budget is tight, and you can only choose from Middlesbrough players (past & present). Who do you pick, and why?

I'd take George Friend, for sure. He speaks well which will go down well in a court room. I need someone who I think could speak passionately to the jury, rile up emotions, for that I think I would take Grant Leadbitter, he always wears his heart on his sleeve. Finally I would take Massimo Maccarone and I would save him till the final minutes of the trial because that's when he comes up clutch.

• Like 2

Keep the team the same. It is good to have options from the bench now though. 

My 'favourite' Woodgate moment was probably him being prickly with the female reporter. You could tell by the sound of his voice that he thought he was 'winning'the debate with his 'witty' comebacks. He was not.

My lawyer of choice would be Willo Flood. In a suit a few sizes too big for him...

We should be looking to capitalise on Bristol's poor run of form. I was shocked when i saw where they were in the table. Thought they were above us still! Another 2-0 would do nicely. 

Assuming Tav and Bolasie are still out I'd probably stick with the same team.

I'd be back to 4-3-3 when those two are back. Allows us to get all our best players on the pitch in their best positions.

Bettinelli

BigDjik Fry  McNair   Bola

Morsy Howson

Tav

Kebab          Bolasie 

Fletch

Arguably as good a first 11 as anything in this league imo.

For Bristol I would keep the same 11 but (and sorry to look ahead) but for Cardiff I would bring in Hall for his height alongside Paddy and Fry. Cardiff have a team of serious height and they getting much success from it. However, for Bristol I would remain unchanged.

I can honestly say I don't have any favourite Woodgate moments (unless you want to count the day he got sacked which I celebrated like we had won promotion). That performance v Swansea for first game after lockdown to this day baffles me. 

My choice of lawyer would be Paul Okon. For no other reason than I just wanted to say his name on here (and if you stick him in a suit he kinda could pass as a lawyer)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Assuming Tav and Bolasie are still out I'd probably stick with the same team.

I'd be back to 4-3-3 when those two are back. Allows us to get all our best players on the pitch in their best positions.

Bettinelli

BigDjik Fry  McNair   Bola

Morsy Howson

Tav

Kebab          Bolasie 

Fletch

Arguably as good a first 11 as anything in this league imo.

That team on paper looks sexy and would be my starting 11 too but I just feel the wing back system seems to offer the best chance of us getting results.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

That team on paper looks sexy and would be my starting 11 too but I just feel the wing back system seems to offer the best chance of us getting results.

Probably does while Tav and Bolasie are out. The full strength back 4 was doing amazingly though and it's basically then a choice between having Fisher on the pitch or say Bolasie. 

The biggest thing for me though is not starting all 3 of Saville/Morsy/Howson. It's bloody horrible. 

• Like 1

There’sa good chance that Nigel Pearson will be in charge of Bristol city for this game. Not that he can do much in the 24ish hours he’ll have them but it might give them some extra impetus

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

There’sa good chance that Nigel Pearson will be in charge of Bristol city for this game. Not that he can do much in the 24ish hours he’ll have them but it might give them some extra impetus

Sometimes new managers can influence a game when they not even in charge and watch first game from stands. And like you said he could give them extra impetus.

One thing he seems to be good at is motivating players to play for him (like Warnock) so he could give them a decent half time talk and thats all it takes.

Am slightly cagey about this game. Not because of Bristol but because it would be just us for a team to end 7 straight defeats against.

We ain't winning 3 games in a row. Not a chance.

The opposition becomes irrelevant. It might as well be Haxby Town. Defeat is inevitable.

Besides, to contradict myself somewhat. Bristol City always seem to beat us at the Riverside.

3-1 Bristol City. Smoke it.

1. Would you keep the same line-up from Saturday?

Absolutely. Why change a winning team with confidence and momentum? Even Morsy played well, and he's been pretty meh for me since he joined us.

2. Jonathan Woodgate has inexplicably been given the Bournemouth job until the end of the season. What is your most memorable moment from his disastrous tenure at Boro?

Lewis Wing's screamer against Luton live on Sky. It had my Celtic-supporting neighbour out of his seat as it went in, and for one game, I thought we might be onto something under Woodgate. How naive I was.

3. You are George Saville’s lawyer. He is facing murder charges over the death of Neil Bausor. You must assemble a crack legal team to defend him in court. However, the budget is tight, and you can only choose from Middlesbrough players (past & present). Who do you pick, and why?

I'd have George Friend as defence counsel, charming the jurors and using polysyllabics. As backup, I'd position Mad Dog Pogatetz outside in a JCB borrowed from Patrick Bamford's dad. If the jury find Saville guilty, Pog can smash a hole in the courtroom wall and spring him, with Adama Traore waiting round the corner in a Porsche ready to whisk Sav away from the pursuing police Astra diesels.

After all, killing Bausor is a noble act of public service, not a criminal misdeed.

• Like 2

Definitely keep the same team if everyone is fit. Be good to see Bolasie on the bench but other than that I am happy.

memorable woodgate moment has to be picking up my winnings on him being appointed. Thought it was the selection that Gibbo would make.

For my lawyers I would go with Michael Reiziger apparently he has impressive briefs

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Definitely keep the same team if everyone is fit. Be good to see Bolasie on the bench but other than that I am happy.

memorable woodgate moment has to be picking up my winnings on him being appointed. Thought it was the selection that Gibbo would make.

For my lawyers I would go with Michael Reiziger apparently he has impressive briefs

big brother GIF by Big Brother After Dark