oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City 1-3 (Fry)

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

Just on a side note. Why do mangers ALWAYS wait till half time to make changes. We are losing 3-0 within 30 minutes. Why not make subs then? Is there a rule saying subs have to be made at half time or later? 

Its the done thing, wait till the game is totally out of reach and then either make the subs either at half time or an hour into the game, otherwise your admitting you've got it totally wrong. I blame the wind, the weather in this country just doesn't seem suit some of our players.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I swear to God, some of you guys love to swim around in all the agony.  Some of you even swim around on your backs, using a straw to take small sips from the Lake of Agony, then guggeling the nice war

As long as we give him the best boots. 

I for one hope Warnock stays next season. Majority of people were happy/expected mid table when he took over. Now we are there and achieving that, you all want him out?  This squad isn’t very good,

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think the injury changes the game too much as all 3 goals come from some kind of poor defending. But I don't think it's a shock we've done pretty much nothing since Fletch went off.

I wouldn't even say they've been up for this from the start, they barely got into our half for the first 15 minutes. But they got the goal and then defensively we've been ***. Losing the battle in their half, losing the battle in midfield, anonymous in defence.

Their game plan has been obvious from the start, sit behind the ball let us have possession then hit us on the break. They've come to life in the final 3rd when they've won the ball off us. 

The injury doesn't change the game, the first goal does, it suits their game plan perfectly after that. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, White Band said:

Please could I have a summary of what has happened so far?

We've chosen to defend by not marking any of their players essentially.  We probably should have taken the lead early on but Bola decided to try and cross rather than shooting when he was in versus the goalkeeper.  They had a couple of counter attacks where our defence disappeared but we didn't take the hint and instead kept doing it and they then scored three goals.  The defending has been brutal, and it's the entire team that is struggling, although a few individuals have stunk the place up a bit more than the others.

• Like 1

Completely forgot this game was on tonight.

Now I'm glad I did. Seems just lately Boro are incapable of going on a good run. A good performance has to be followed by a crap one.

Looking at the BBC live text page it seems NW played more or less the same team, but instead of going 3-1-4-2 with Morsy as the deep-lying DM, he's gone 3-4-1-2 with Kebano playing behind the front two. 

Surely that couldn't have caused us to mess up so badly?

• Like 1
Just now, J.T. said:

There’s nothing new here. We play *** football every week. When will it end?

When Gibson sells the club and we have an owner who runs the club to be successful and not... whatever Gibson has been doing the past decade and a bit.

• Like 1
Just now, White Band said:

Please could I have a summary of what has happened so far?

We started alright, had a superb chance that fell to Bola but he squared instead of taking a shot. Kebano had a decent effort too which hit Fletcher, not sure if it was on target. Straight after Wells is through at the other end and McNair keeps it from going in off the line and Bettinelli made a decent save from Diedhiou.

Then it all went wrong. We defend a cross poorly, nobody closes the man down and Diedhiou puts in a free header for 1-0.

Howson gets caught on the ball in midfield, Wells skins a defender before playing in Diedhiou who places it in easily for 2-0.

Long punt forward and a flick-on by Diedhiou catches us completely off guard, all within a couple of seconds of our own attack. Defence nowhere to be seen, Bettinelli decides to come then stops and makes it easy for Wells to take it round him. It was always gonna be hard for him to make the save but he made a decision and didn't commit to it and ends up making it easy for Wells, simple finish in the end.

• Thanks 1