oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City 1-3 (Fry)

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

We will beat Cardiff and we will all get overly optimistic again. Then lose against some *** team the week after. 

Thats what Boro do best...get your hopes up, then dash them.

Or at least remind you never to get your hopes up in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I swear to God, some of you guys love to swim around in all the agony.  Some of you even swim around on your backs, using a straw to take small sips from the Lake of Agony, then guggeling the nice war

As long as we give him the best boots. 

I for one hope Warnock stays next season. Majority of people were happy/expected mid table when he took over. Now we are there and achieving that, you all want him out?  This squad isn’t very good,

Posted Images

1 minute ago, alexutb said:

Howson's worst game in a Boro shirt.

Britt and Chuba, depressing as per. Sell them both man.

Most inconsistent Boro team I've seen for a long time. Sh*te.

At least they are consistently inconsistent!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Agreed not earth shattering but without doubt the best of a very bad lot. If there was someone more productive or effective then fine but to date I haven't seen who they are.

I think that is down to how we play though.  We talk about some players not fitting into how Warnock sets us up but Johnson probably does because he obviously crosses the ball an awful lot and that seems to be central to our game plan.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I agree he does have moments when he's a threat because he's quite a direct player and doesn't tend to mess about much with the ball.  It's just that he has a lot of moments where he isn't threatening at all, and is in fact useless, which people seem to forget whenever one of his crosses actually finds one of our players, which happens a lot less than you'd think.

But yet more than anyone else in a red shirt.

• Like 3
Just now, Changing Times said:

I think that is down to how we play though.  We talk about some players not fitting into how Warnock sets us up but Johnson probably does because he obviously crosses the ball an awful lot and that seems to be central to our game plan.

I think that he actually fires in low dangerous crosses is what makes him different from all those long hoofed balls or lobs into the Keepers arms from the rest of them. The fact that he is our most effective attacker with his assists and goals tells the state of our Strikers generally and Warnock's tactics specifically.

We all know he isn't world class but the fact that he stands out tells it's own story. When he came on we got our first corner in the 87th minute the week before last and tonight he assists again. It's not much to ask, but he does seem the only one capable of delivering the simple stuff effectively.

V disappointing. I don't normally criticise individual players, but it looks like howsons legs have gone. Dijks looks to be still carrying some form of injury, bettanelli should have done better with a couple of the goals, fry looked off the pace.

Bristol city players looked up for the game.

Bola followed by McNair were best players going forward. 

Hope Fletch is ok.

If I’ve learned anything about this team it’s that the mentality is absolutely shocking. And where the play offs require the strongest mentality of all, I think it would be a waste of time if we somehow managed to squeeze in. 

Opportunity, shambles, repeat. 

• Like 1
Just now, TheJew said:

But yet more than anyone else in a red shirt.

Look mate, you have some connection to him I understand that.  This is his most productive season for us and he has 3 goals and 4 or 5 assists, ok in comparison to our squad but way short of what we should be looking for, I think you'd agree with that?  If he was playing really well every week but was unlucky then you might have a point but that hasn't been happening.  It's hard to see where he'd fit into the current side as when we play five at the back Bola gets in ahead of him and when we play four at the back it's going to be Watmore/Kebano or even Bolasie, if he comes back.  

Does anyone know or have an idea as to why we seem to struggle against the *** teams in the league? As far as I can remember we’ve played a decent game against most of the top teams in the league. 
I know the championship is a crazy league, anyone can beat anyone etc. But we really do seem to be crap against the teams we should beat on paper. 

4 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think that he actually fires in low dangerous crosses is what makes him different from all those long hoofed balls or lobs into the Keepers arms from the rest of them. The fact that he is our most effective attacker with his assists and goals tells the state of our Strikers generally and Warnock's tactics specifically.

We all know he isn't world class but the fact that he stands out tells it's own story. When he came on we got our first corner in the 87th minute the week before last and tonight he assists again. It's not much to ask, but he does seem the only one capable of delivering the simple stuff effectively.

A lot of his crosses aren't dangerous though.  He has 130 crosses this season, 20 have been accurate, 110 not.  Despite the lack of game time, the only player who has put more crosses in this season is McNair.  As I said, I don't see who he gets in ahead of in the current squad?

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No excuses they were better than us 1st half.... end of game...still love the bones of em tho