oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City 1-3 (Fry)

Can I just ask the admins a question, What are the viewing figures like these days on this forum?

Reason I ask, previously when we have got beat loads of people came on here and crucified the team and there was lots of interaction between members (a lot more comments than when we won). However, it appears either the forum has either gone very stale or have people genuinely lost interest in Boro atm under Warnock especially with how many games are getting played?

Today was a bad day all round and it's important not to dwell on it too much with such a big game against Cardiff at the weekend. Typical Boro at getting our hopes up and then dashing them completely.

I think we will play with a false number 9 like Bolasie against Cardiff. The less said about Britt and Akpom the better (Totally disinterested)

For me, the biggest negative once again tonight was Howson performance and Warnock's substitutions AGAIN!. Getting beat 3-0 and he brings Saville on to go Saville, Howson and Morsy in a 3 CM. I mean WTF! Howson should of been dragged off as he was shocking from start to finish.

No positives at all from me tonight unfortunately. I'm just hoping Reading don't get a late result and B'mouth don't win tomorrow.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I swear to God, some of you guys love to swim around in all the agony.  Some of you even swim around on your backs, using a straw to take small sips from the Lake of Agony, then guggeling the nice war

As long as we give him the best boots. 

I for one hope Warnock stays next season. Majority of people were happy/expected mid table when he took over. Now we are there and achieving that, you all want him out?  This squad isn’t very good,

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

We lack clinical edge we bossed the game tonight had more shots, more corners and more possession. Yet they scored 3 we only 1 despite 3 times the shots. However Wycombe are winning might not be too bad come weekend we could be joint playoffs. It happens 

To be fair, Bristol were beating us in all counts above up until they went 3 nil up and let us just have harmless possession and chances for the rest of the game. We definitely didn't boss it, they had a gameplan, it succeeded early and then they just had to cruise for the rest of the game.

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

A lot of his crosses aren't dangerous though.  He has 130 crosses this season, 20 have been accurate, 110 not.  Despite the lack of game time, the only player who has put more crosses in this season is McNair.  As I said, I don't see who he gets in ahead of in the current squad?

He's not a good crosser of the ball. He just does it a lot. He hits areas rather than players, which is why his success rate is so damn low. He rarely picks anyone out. 

7 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

No excuses they were better than us 1st half.... end of game...still love the bones of em tho 

This may sound weird but they weren’t better than us more of a fact that we were a lot worse than them (if that makes sense) 

Thought we would really push on with the new signings giving more options but its one step forward,one back.Hard to understand or put right.What has happened to Howson who in my mind has always been one of the first names on the team sheet.

10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He's not a good crosser of the ball. He just does it a lot. He hits areas rather than players, which is why his success rate is so damn low. He rarely picks anyone out. 

When you knock the ball past your man and you get a cross in, all you try and do is get the ball into a dangerous area. It’s impossible to pick someone out unless you have a lot time on the ball before crossing. All coaches will say just get the ball into the danger area and whip it across the 6 yard box. It’s the strikers job to gamble. Ours never do unfortunately. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

When you knock the ball past your man and you get a cross in, all you try and do is get the ball into a dangerous area. It’s impossible to pick someone out unless you have a lot time on the ball before crossing. All coaches will say just get the ball into the danger area and whip it across the 6 yard box. It’s the strikers job to gamble. Ours never do unfortunately. 

Maybe at Sunday league level. In the elite you look up and see whos in the box and where you need to place it. 

25 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Can I just ask the admins a question, What are the viewing figures like these days on this forum?

Reason I ask, previously when we have got beat loads of people came on here and crucified the team and there was lots of interaction between members (a lot more comments than when we won). However, it appears either the forum has either gone very stale or have people genuinely lost interest in Boro atm under Warnock especially with how many games are getting played?

In fairness to Warnock, I wonder if not going to games is a factor as well?  

23 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

How does that saying go "throw enough mud and some of it will stick".

14 minutes ago, Uwe said:

This may sound weird but they weren’t better than us more of a fact that we were a lot worse than them (if that makes sense) 

I haven't read all the posts and I couldn't listen to/watch the match. But I have lived among the Elland Road faithful for decades here in Castleford and whenever they lost, their standard comment was 'Two Sh*T Teams'. They never give any acknowledgement that the opposition may just have been worthy of a win. I had hoped it was just them. Please let me go on thinking that!

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

In fairness to Warnock, I wonder if not going to games is a factor as well?  

Yeah maybe so 👍. I thought with the games being on IPlayer and more illegal streams over social media more fans would be watching the full game rather than the highlights or commentary, therefore more opinions on here.

8 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Maybe at Sunday league level. In the elite you look up and see whos in the box and where you need to place it. 

Disagree. If you go past your man and whip in a cross that goes past the 6 yard box, you’ve done your job. It’s the strikers job to gamble and anticipate where the ball is going to drop. It’s the exact same as free kicks. Get the ball in an area where you give your teammates the chance to attack it and you’ve done your job.