oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City 1-3 (Fry)

Anyone who thinks this team is capable of aiming for the play offs must be on happy pills.

So many anonymous performances week in, week out. Even when we win we rarely ever actually look good. Warnock is dire, Gibson is clueless, and the playing squad is abject. Big, big summer awaiting this football club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I swear to God, some of you guys love to swim around in all the agony.  Some of you even swim around on your backs, using a straw to take small sips from the Lake of Agony, then guggeling the nice war

As long as we give him the best boots. 

I for one hope Warnock stays next season. Majority of people were happy/expected mid table when he took over. Now we are there and achieving that, you all want him out?  This squad isn’t very good,

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Johnny A said:

I haven't read all the posts and I couldn't listen to/watch the match. But I have lived among the Elland Road faithful for decades here in Castleford and whenever they lost, their standard comment was 'Two Sh*T Teams'. They never give any acknowledgement that the opposition may just have been worthy of a win. I had hoped it was just them. Please let me go on thinking that!

I have no problems with being out played it’s happened a few times this season but our play in the first half was amateurish to the extreme. Eg. Pretty sure all our defenders were in their half for the 3rd goal

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yeah maybe so 👍. I thought with the games being on IPlayer and more illegal streams over social media more fans would be watching the full game rather than the highlights or commentary, therefore more opinions on here.

I wonder though if not being at the game takes away some of the emotion?  I think it does for me to some extent, and then you have less interest in talking about it?  But I'm happy for Warnock to take the credit for it 🙂

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Disagree. If you go past your man and whip in a cross that goes past the 6 yard box, you’ve done your job. It’s the strikers job to gamble and anticipate where the ball is going to drop. It’s the exact same as free kicks. Get the ball in an area where you give your teammates the chance to attack it and you’ve done your job. 

That's the same theory behind why we pump the ball long all game. Someone will be there sometimes so it'll be worth it. It's out of date. No successful club plays football like that anymore. Good teams play the ball along the ground, to teammates and recycle the ball while waiting for openings. It's not that difficult. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

A lot of his crosses aren't dangerous though.  He has 130 crosses this season, 20 have been accurate, 110 not.  Despite the lack of game time, the only player who has put more crosses in this season is McNair.  As I said, I don't see who he gets in ahead of in the current squad?

Can you point me to the stats of someone else who can better Johnson's stats in this squad and I don't mean from previous years at other clubs. I'm only interested in Boro and the here and now not what they once did seasons ago for someone else?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/middlesbrough/top-scorers

He and Watmore are the two standouts for me in this squad while the rest of the squad are middling to poor or just haven't convinced yet, meanwhile we are running out of games.  To me, he and Watmore along with Fry should be the first names on the team sheet followed by Bola and McNair. As for the rest of them with the exception of Tav I'm not fussed. Even against Reading he came on and had a good run down the middle setting up Fletcher, he makes things happen which I'm afraid the rest aren't doing.

Reputations count for nothing with me.  Warnock has dropped a player who has been majorly instrumental in getting us out of last season's mess when other out of contract players voted with their feet and also one of the main reasons we are (or at least were) optimistic about the play offs. We have dropped points against very poor sides lately so I'm really struggling to see who should actually get a game ahead of him.

Bettinelli is probably a good example of the point I'm making. Is he better than what we already had? Has he improved the team or added to our points tally? I don't think so and the same goes for Johnson's replacements. On paper from a higher level but that's about all. Accepting just for a moment that all Warnock's incomings are an upgrade, then why do we look so bleedin awful  so many times of late and Johnson shines yet again when he comes on and therein lies the frustration. For me it's the Bettinelli syndrome all over again, just in another part of the pitch.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Can you point me to the stats of someone else who can better Johnson's stats in this squad and I don't mean from previous years at other clubs. I'm only interested in Boro and the here and now not what they once did seasons ago for someone else?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/middlesbrough/top-scorers

He and Watmore are the two standouts for me in this squad while the rest of the squad are middling to poor or just haven't convinced yet, meanwhile we are running out of games.  To me, he and Watmore along with Fry should be the first names on the team sheet followed by Bola and McNair. As for the rest of them with the exception of Tav I'm not fussed. Even against Reading he came on and had a good run down the middle setting up Fletcher, he makes things happen which I'm afraid the rest aren't doing.

Reputations count for nothing with me.  Warnock has dropped a player who has been majorly instrumental in getting us out of last season's mess when other out of contract players voted with their feet and also one of the main reasons we are (or at least were) optimistic about the play offs. We have dropped points against very poor sides lately so I'm really struggling to see who should actually get a game ahead of him.

Bettinelli is probably a good example of the point I'm making. Is he better than what we already had? Has he improved the team or added to our points tally? I don't think so and the same goes for Johnson's replacements. On paper from a higher level but that's about all. Accepting just for a moment that all Warnock's incomings are an upgrade, then why do we look so bleedin awful  so many times of late and Johnson shines yet again when he comes on and therein lies the frustration. For me it's the Bettinelli syndrome all over again, just in another part of the pitch.

What stats, just the goals and assists, or all of his stats?

I don't think we have any standouts in the squad this season.  I mean, I wouldn't pick anyone, either based on stats or just my eye test.  Our stats are poor, including Johnson's, that's actually my most basic point, and if we had a team worth watching then he'd be nowhere near it, despite the fact that he's having his best season for us.  He is a fairly typical middling to lower end Championship player in my opinion.   Johnson wasn't majorly instrumental in getting us out of last season's mess, he was rubbish towards the end of the season, and frankly he had nowhere better to go once the season was finished.  Johnson didn't even shine tonight, that's how daft this all is, he scuffed a bloody cross in that deflected into the path of Fry.  Just about every other cross he hit all night went to nobody, that isn't shining, at least not to me.

You should have to do more than get lucky with one cross to be thought of shining, even in this team.

5 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Fair bit of delusion floating around still. Once games in hand are played we will be just about top half.

It’s a weird one though. This is back of the fag box maths but if I am right if everyone in the top 10 won there games in hand we would be 9th or 10th.

But still one 5 points off the play offs. 

27 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Fair bit of delusion floating around still. Once games in hand are played we will be just about top half.

When Cardiff beat Bournmouth we still 3 points off playoffs then when we beat Cardiff on Sat we joint placed in playoffs then Reading in abit free fall. Once we get the full squad fit we will go in a run. 

• Like 2

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/devastated-neil-warnock-doesnt-know-19901689.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Full comments. He's basically just thrown the whole team under the bus. 

If it was a one off, it would be an understandable reaction. But we've lost 8 of the last 13, 5 of the last 6 at home. We've been crap to watch all season. We are so mentally fragile that every time we look like we might be back on track we have a performance and result like this.

At what point does he take some responsibility?

• Like 1

I swear to God, some of you guys love to swim around in all the agony.  Some of you even swim around on your backs, using a straw to take small sips from the Lake of Agony, then guggeling the nice warm agony, before spitting it out as comments on here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

He has indeed just thrown the all the players under a big bus. It's clear tonight he was outthought but he obviously won't admit that.

Why he played Fletcher I will never know. I guess we really don't have anyone else up front - he basically said that in the TV press conference.

Plough on and see what happens.

But I do now think we need a rethink next season. And I think Gibson watching on might agree. He surely must know that was avoidable and could have been changed during the match.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

What stats, just the goals and assists, or all of his stats?

I don't think we have any standouts in the squad this season.  I mean, I wouldn't pick anyone, either based on stats or just my eye test.  Our stats are poor, including Johnson's, that's actually my most basic point, and if we had a team worth watching then he'd be nowhere near it, despite the fact that he's having his best season for us.  He is a fairly typical middling to lower end Championship player in my opinion.   Johnson wasn't majorly instrumental in getting us out of last season's mess, he was rubbish towards the end of the season, and frankly he had nowhere better to go once the season was finished.  Johnson didn't even shine tonight, that's how daft this all is, he scuffed a bloody cross in that deflected into the path of Fry.  Just about every other cross he hit all night went to nobody, that isn't shining, at least not to me.

You should have to do more than get lucky with one cross to be thought of shining, even in this team.

He stayed and done his best despite knowing he could be injured unlike Gestede or Shotton, we stayed up so he played his part. I agree he is a fairly typical middling to lower end Championship player and indeed maybe not even that good. Having said that he is head and shoulders above 80% of the rest of the squad this season despite his obvious limitations.

I always thought playing badly but still influencing games is the mark of a great player, his scuffed cross resulted in a goal which is a damn site more than the rest of them managed. I think that we are probably agreeing on most things, I don't think Johnson is the future or indeed irreplaceable but at the moment he is far better than  the alternatives I have witnessed (which isn't saying much).