oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City 1-3 (Fry)

I THINK Warnock post match comments show clearly that the goal is the playoffs despite him saying we are underdogs outsiders he expects playoffs. Expect us to win on Sat as he will be doing intense drilling from now until then 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I swear to God, some of you guys love to swim around in all the agony.  Some of you even swim around on your backs, using a straw to take small sips from the Lake of Agony, then guggeling the nice war

As long as we give him the best boots. 

I for one hope Warnock stays next season. Majority of people were happy/expected mid table when he took over. Now we are there and achieving that, you all want him out?  This squad isn’t very good,

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

"I said to them at half-time, you’ve embarrassed me with the scoreline, now let’s win the second half." Master motivator once again accepting no responsibility.

To be fair he could have hardly said "great job but" ... then go through the alphabet of mistakes. Sometimes they need to be shocked and kicked up the ***. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

He stayed and done his best despite knowing he could be injured unlike Gestede or Shotton, we stayed up so he played his part. I agree he is a fairly typical middling to lower end Championship player and indeed maybe not even that good. Having said that he is head and shoulders above 80% of the rest of the squad this season despite his obvious limitations.

I always thought playing badly but still influencing games is the mark of a great player, his scuffed cross resulted in a goal which is a damn site more than the rest of them managed. I think that we are probably agreeing on most things, I don't think Johnson is the future or indeed irreplaceable but at the moment he is far better than  the alternatives I have witnessed (which isn't saying much).

I completely agree with the first line there.  He showed he has integrity and class in my opinion, that hasn't gone unnoticed by me at all, but it's set apart from his ability as a footballer.  I don't think he is far better than the alternatives, although I suppose part of that depends on who you see as the alternatives?  The great player bit is stretching things way beyond reality in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I completely agree with the first line there.  He showed he has integrity and class in my opinion, that hasn't gone unnoticed by me at all, but it's set apart from his ability as a footballer.  I don't think he is far better than the alternatives, although I suppose part of that depends on who you see as the alternatives?  The great player bit is stretching things way beyond reality in my opinion.

The "great player" bit was facetiousness on my part.

9 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I wonder though if not being at the game takes away some of the emotion?  I think it does for me to some extent, and then you have less interest in talking about it?  But I'm happy for Warnock to take the credit for it 🙂

Yeah that is a good point regarding fans not being in the ground. I for one cant wait to be back in the ground and give the credit Warnock deserves by keeping us up last season and stabilising a very badly run club.

It's funny how managers see fine margins as game changing moments compared to what fans see.

Warnock mentioning Bola's missed chance on several occasions in his post match interview, doesn't make up for the sh*t show performance throughout the game. Does he not remember the Deidhou chance before they scored or wells chance off the line. They absolutely hammered us last night.

At no point did we look like scoring and the only reason we did is because Bristol ran out of steam and were sloppy at a Johnson deflected cross.

Don't you think its interesting that all these boro players are doing zoom chats with fans etc and Britt is no where to be seen? Says a lot about the player and his attitude to me. How the f**k he got the captaincy is beyond me.... He's everything you don't want in a captain especially on the field.

Rant over....

1-0 Boro win on Saturday with Tav getting the winner ...UTB

22 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

@diggerlad07

As far as numbers are concerned we are averaging well over 500 posts per game ths season which is a big increase from last season so plenty of interest for Boro win or lose!

Thanks mate.

Now that does surprise me, but it's good to see the forum still going strong especially on the match threads👍

Bett is really awful. It’s like he has hip problems. Doesn’t come out, doesn’t really anticipate the game and doesn’t even try for shots on the deck. Awful. If we are paying him his rumoured wage then that’s *** money away would have been better off signing a Rob Elliot on a free than this.

It’s not just Bett though as a unit we are weak at the back and lack both concentration and that hunger for a clean sheet.

Not many positives last night at all and I can’t see a result coming on Saturday.

We are really only in the play off push still because it’s a crazy league.

10th upwards will be looking to play for 5th and 6th position with both Bournemouth and Reading looking catchable. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

It’s not just Bett though as a unit we are weak at the back and lack both concentration and that hunger for a clean sheet.

This is something I've noticed quite a lot in our games.

I know its popular to slate Bettinelli on here, but we shouldn't forget how often our defence either goes walkabout, or turns to statues and just watches the opposition go past them.

Probably makes Marcus uncertain about what he should be doing, as much as his "eccentricities" make the defence wonder whether to go for the ball or leave it for the keeper.

Just seems to be a lot of poor communication and co-ordination all round.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I know its popular to slate Bettinelli on here, but we shouldn't forget how often our defence either goes walkabout, or turns to statues and just watches the opposition go past them.

Probably makes Marcus uncertain about what he should be doing, as much as his "eccentricities" make the defence wonder whether to go for the ball or leave it for the keeper.

No no @AnglianRed this can’t be true. Do you not know that a good defence is not required at all. The experts say that must mean you only want dinosaur football if you defend your goal. 11 attack minded centre forwards is all that’s needed. Score more than the opposition. How could it possibly go wrong 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I dunno if it's a coaching thing or not and I know we did ok earlier in the season as a 3 at the back but since reverting to it McNair and Djiksteels positioning as been all over the shot. 

Now that Fry is back imo we should we going back to a flat 4 (that was the best defence in the league). 

I'm not going to slate Fisher as he seems a solid enough championship right back, but he isn't a wing back and the back 5 thing seems to be about making sure he starts from what I can see?

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

No no @AnglianRed this can’t be true. Do you not know that a good defence is not required at all. The experts say that must mean you only want dinosaur football if you defend your goal. 11 attack minded centre forwards is all that’s needed. Score more than the opposition. How could it possibly go wrong 🤷‍♂️

Thats all well and good...provided you can actually outscore the opposition.

I wouldn't be that fussed if we were like Newcastle under Keegan, with a "we'll score 1 more than you" approach.

• Like 2