oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

Boro v Bristol City 1-3 (Fry)

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I hope it doesn't stop us playing our silky one touch stuff 😟

Yeah I was thinking it might stop us playing our usual brand of tiki taka. 

On 2/21/2021 at 1:11 PM, Smogzilla said:

1. Would you keep the same line-up from Saturday?

2. Jonathan Woodgate has inexplicably been given the Bournemouth job until the end of the season. What is your most memorable moment from his disastrous tenure at Boro?

3. You are George Saville’s lawyer. He is facing murder charges over the death of Neil Bausor. You must assemble a crack legal team to defend him in court. However, the budget is tight, and you can only choose from Middlesbrough players (past & present). Who do you pick, and why?

1. Yeah same team, assuming Bolasie and Tav are still out.

2. Honestly the first game at Luton. Was really entertaining, and we scored 3 goals for the first time in what felt like forever. But it quickly unravelled by the 2nd half of the game at home to Brentford as we reverted to type. And the Wigan game at home was one of the worst games of football I've watched live. 

3. I reckon Clough would make a decent lead lawyer (is that a thing?), backed up by Friend and Leadbitter (they'd do all the hard background work).

51 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

What, even match abandoned 56 mins, second coming of Christ?

That just jogged a memory there.  Does anyone remember that programme on years back where Christopher Ecclestone did that at Maine Road?

speaking of memories 

sounds like a typical matchday to me

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

speaking of memories 

sounds like a typical matchday to me

Before my time that like 🙂

Just now, Changing Times said:

7pm tonight isn't it?

Yes it is CT

8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Before my time that like 🙂

yes..  from the days when comedians were allowed to less homogenous than the current era...  level of humour has definitely improved but not necessarily quality...  btw why do they call it stand-up when 99.9 % of comedians have always stood up..  best comedian I ever saw was an Irishman who always sat down, but he was never called a sit-down comedian 🙂

No changes, nice.

Been in an awful mood today, so I'm hoping the Boro can cheer me up, probably daft of me. 😂

2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Its VERY windy.

Too many eggs and beans @Smogzilla? 😃

• Haha 1

Bit worried about Fletcher being run into the ground, four matches in less than 2 weeks is a lot after the length of of time he was out!

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Bit worried about Fletcher being run into the ground, four matches in less than 2 weeks is a lot after the length of of time he was out!

He had a good long rest he’ll be fine. 

Pleased to see an unchanged 11. Got to play your best team and take each game as it comes. UTB

• Like 2

Just now, YusufBoro said:

Pleased to see an unchanged 11. Got to play your best team and take each game as it comes. UTB

I totally agree, I never like it when players are rested with an eye on the next game, they are as likely to get injured on the training ground as they are during a match.

Play your strongest team at every opportunity!

• Like 1