• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s called ‘Boro Lads Messageboard’  Don’t think they thought about the abbreviation for too long tho 🤦‍♂️

I don’t want Gibson to sell the club. However, I do want him to delegate his powers to a Director of Football. Much in the same way that whilst Delia Smith is a great cook, she knows her limitations r

If I wrote a post that said, 'I don't like foreigners, they are all smelly', I assume that at least some people would see that as a bit offensive, even if it's almost certainly the case with SmogDane.

Posted Images

On 2/27/2021 at 8:23 AM, TLF10 said:

Be careful what you wish for.

Ipswich fans hounded Mick McCarthy out of his job and celebrated him leaving like they been promoted. League 1 is now like a 2nd home. 

Arsenal fans hounded Wenger out of his job as top 4 was not good enough. Now they would snap your hands off for a Europa league spot.

Birmingham fans hated the Gold&Sullivan ownership and wanted them out. They not come close to enjoying the success they had under them.

Of course there are instances where fans demand for change has resulted in positive times but I am certainly not going to wish Gibson leaves or we get new ownership.

Gibson is not perfect but i rest easy at night in knowing he will not let us go down the shi**er

This adoration of Gibson has got to stop. The club is going nowhere with him as owner.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

This adoration of Gibson has got to stop. The club is going nowhere with him as owner.

That is absolute BS. There would be no club without Gibson. The stupid vilification of him is what has to stop.

• Like 2

I don’t want Gibson to sell the club. However, I do want him to delegate his powers to a Director of Football. Much in the same way that whilst Delia Smith is a great cook, she knows her limitations running a football club in an efficient and effective manner so appointed Stuart Webber to do this. Gibson just rates himself too highly to think that anyone could possibly do this better than him. The Evening Gazette and BBC Tees portray any criticism of Gibson as fans wanting him to sell the club, but it’s not that at all. I think the vast majority want him to be our owner, just not the key decision maker as he’s not very good at it.

• Like 6

@Erimus 63 I am not sure how from my post you came to conclusion i was in adoration of Gibson. In fact i actually state “gibson is not perfect”. To be fair no owner is.

People who are fans of Gibson can point to justifiable reasons why. And people who are not fans of his can also make some justifiable reasons as to why they are not. I can appreciate both sides of argument.

However, the point of my post was to simply say “the grass is not always greener on the other side”.

Do I want to see if the grass is greener? Not really. I see other clubs who were similar in size to us during our PL days and look at where some of them are now and I really dont wish to take the risk.

Yes under new ownership, we might end up back in PL but there is also just a good a chance we might end up falling down the leagues and as @Blanco rightly said ultimately not end up existing at all. 

For that reason I am not actively going to champion Gibson should leave or sell the club. For all his faults I know he genuinely give a sh*t about this club and wont let us follow the journey that unfortunately some of the other clubs our size have in recent years. And that will more than do for me.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@Erimus 63 I am not sure how from my post you came to conclusion i was in adoration of Gibson. In fact i actually state “gibson is not perfect”. To be fair no owner is.

People who are fans of Gibson can point to justifiable reasons why. And people who are not fans of his can also make some justifiable reasons as to why they are not. I can appreciate both sides of argument.

However, the point of my post was to simply say “the grass is not always greener on the other side”.

Do I want to see if the grass is greener? Not really. I see other clubs who were similar in size to us during our PL days and look at where some of them are now and I really dont wish to take the risk.

Yes under new ownership, we might end up back in PL but there is also just a good a chance we might end up falling down the leagues and as @Blanco rightly said ultimately not end up existing at all. 

For that reason I am not actively going to champion Gibson should leave or sell the club. For all his faults I know he genuinely give a sh*t about this club and wont let us follow the journey that unfortunately some of the other clubs our size have in recent years. And that will more than do for me.

Spot on @TLF10

• Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Oh do *** off

DZ I do not know if you are having issues at home, work or otherwise but of late you have been far more aggressive than usual and I simply can not allow you to respond in such a way towards another member of the forum purely for his opinion.

There are many other ways you can reply and respond to matters you do not agree with but this time you are pushing the boundaries of decency. The swear filter does work but you intended to state what you have just done so.

Give it some thought about how you have been on the forum and try and calm down.

Please take this as a public warning that this type of interaction will not be tolerated towards good people.

Your'e a good lad and a valued member of the forum don't bring issues you may be suffering onto the forum for lashing out purposes.

Hopefully you may send Blanco a pm offering an apology.

Believe me this is not up for debate and I will not get into a conversation about it.

Thanks

• Like 2

Whatever. I'm sick to death of the SG defender's rhetoric - "We wouldn't have a club if it wasn't for him." It's old and gets trotted out all the time.

The fact is, football has moved on a lot since then and we could be a much bigger and successful club if he wasn't in charge.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

DZ I do not know if you are having issues at home, work or otherwise but of late you have been far more aggressive than usual and I simply can not allow you to respond in such a way towards another member of the forum purely for his opinion.

There are many other ways you can reply and respond to matters you do not agree with but this time you are pushing the boundaries of decency. The swear filter does work but you intended to state what you have just done so.

Give it some thought about how you have been on the forum and try and calm down.

Please take this as a public warning that this type of interaction will not be tolerated towards good people.

Your'e a good lad and a valued member of the forum don't bring issues you may be suffering onto the forum for lashing out purposes.

Hopefully you may send Blanco a pm offering an apology.

Believe me this is not up for debate and I will not get into a conversation about it.

Thanks

What a dreadful place this has become 😬

There's a similar post over on FMTTM. Rather than rewrite I'm just going to copy and paste my thoughts.

My take on Boro world at the moment:

1. I've gone off Warnock this week. He is now willing to throw anyone - players, scouts, medics (Fletcher fitness) under the bus. Not nice to see and is not what an experienced manager anywhere should be doing.
2. Our tactics recently have been awful. We have decent footballers being asked to hoof it. Pointless.
3. Coaching. Why on earth has Warnock and his team not been able to coach simple skills like heading clearances? Aitor fixed that within weeks for example.
4. Stop banging on about Keifer Moore. It's embarrassing. You have enough in the squad if you use them correctly. But none are going to win header after header. Oh and Moore was shocking yesterday. Did absolutely nothing. So what have we missed?
5. All other teams have no income but some well coached teams- Barnsley, Swansea, Reading - are doing very well. Stop making excuses.
6. Pick a keeper. Bettinneli is hopeless. Has to be priority in the summer.
7. Gibson decide what you want in terms of style. Stick to it long term.
8. I'm not sure another season of Warnock is what we need. I'm hoping for a Paul Cook type - unless Ipswich nab him first.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, TLF10 said:

If you aren’t prepared to take risks in life, you get nowhere.

52 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Whatever. I'm sick to death of the SG defender's rhetoric - "We wouldn't have a club if it wasn't for him." It's old and gets trotted out all the time.

The fact is, football has moved on a lot since then and we could be a much bigger and successful club if he wasn't in charge.

I agree we could be a much bigger and better club without him in charge. Equally we would be a much lesser and shi**er club if we was not in charge. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@BillyWoofs_shinpad. I get that logic but am also not willing to take a risk just for the sake of taking a risk. I will take the risk with Gibson remaining at the helm.

Everything in football (and life) has risk, the idea is to try and negate the size of that risk as much as possible. The main gripe I have is not that Gibson takes risk, but that he then compounds that risk.

For example after relegation we brought in Monk, backed him heavily in the summer transfer market. Then after 6 months gave him the chop and brought in an almost direct opposite to him in terms of playing style. Then over 18 months many of Monk's signings got binned off normally for less than what we brought them for, then we replaced them with signings/loans that fit Pulis' style again at a big cost.

Don’t get me wrong I wasn't the biggest fan of Monk, but we should have give him more time, before completely 180ing on who the man in charge should be and importantly that managers own brand of football (or anti-football).

• Like 1