oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff 1-1 (McNair)

Hi another Bluebird with a soft spot for Boro here.  My first game at the back end of the 1965/66 season was a relegation decider between us at Ninian Park.  City won a great game  5 - 3 and down you went to Div 3.  Two seasons later you were back and in the corresponding fixture you has a guy called Brian Myton making his debut.  Both he and our Malcolm Clarke were sent off for fighting and I don't think Myton played much again for you.

So far as tomorrow is concerned, as said above, we looked very tired in our midweek game and there is not a lot of rest before this one.  If anyone can stop the present Bluebirds from playing, then it's Neil Warnock ...... God bless him!

• Like 3
  • Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, Cardiff fan in peace always had a soft spot for Boro ever since seeing your support in Cardiff early doors in the FA cup in the 90's.     Anyway after reading some comments about it

Introduction  I don't know where to start with this thread,  our season appears to be in a state of flux and Boro fans are struggling to know how to feel  We could probably do with a ni

Better team, deserve to come away with something - their goal was very predictable.  Anyone saying Warnock out, ridiculous.

Posted Images

10 hours ago, BluebirdinExile said:

Hi all, Cardiff fan in peace always had a soft spot for Boro ever since seeing your support in Cardiff early doors in the FA cup in the 90's.  

Anyway after reading some comments about it will be a walk in a park for Cardiff, I dont think it will be.  We are beginning to look tired, we are not used to the high press we are currently playing at the moment, if the scores are remaining level after 70 mins then I can see you sneaking something. You have a manager who knows how to grind out results in this division, so its not all doom and gloom for you.  

Anyway i hope we win on Saturday, but after that I hope you at least make the playoffs. 

All the best to you 👍

Where are you exiled Bluebird? I'm exiled in Cardiff!

• Thanks 1

Everyone expecting to lose, Cardiff on top form seemly unbeatable then we got Coventry after which we should expecting a result from.........everyone knows how this script goes by now we beat Cardiff and lose to Coventry. That just seems to be the way this season is going for us right now. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, thomas said:

Everyone expecting to lose, Cardiff on top form seemly unbeatable then we got Coventry after which we should expecting a result from.........everyone knows how this script goes by now we beat Cardiff and lose to Coventry. That just seems to be the way this season is going for us right now. 

That was exactly how we are as a team one week we are beating the likes of Stoke away then the following week we lose against Wycombe.  I know you are going on a bad run at moment but NW is doing alot better than Woodgate did,  I think Warnock got 41% win compared to JW 20% win rate, so something must be going right.

10 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

I think its going to take a different manager and squad to get us into the PL, but appreciate the good wishes anyway. 👍

Just checked the table today and only just noticed Cardiff in the play-off places. You seem to have kind of sneaked in under the radar! 😁 Anyway, best of luck staying there. I have a feeling we'll give you a hand on Saturday.

Woodgate had a 20% win ratio compared to Warnock 41 % more or less the same games that they have managed, so he must be doing something write compared to the crap that you have been served recently.  Just give him time and if you dont get in the play offs this season then I will definately stick a bet on you getting promoted next season 👍

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, BluebirdinExile said:

That was exactly how we are as a team one week we are beating the likes of Stoke away then the following week we lose against Wycombe.  I know you are going on a bad run at moment but NW is doing alot better than Woodgate did,  I think Warnock got 41% win compared to JW 20% win rate, so something must be going right.

Yeah I think you'll find there's an content feeling from majority of fans on this forum, this season hasn't been as awful as last season with Woodgate but hasn't been electrifying. I think to be honest its mainly the difference between competent coaching of Warnock and his staff and what we had before with Woodgate which was incompetent on every level. Recruitment has been a mixed bag some good buys and some okay'ish buys for the money. 

Just an interesting question, do you reckon you Cardiff will get playoffs?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, thomas said:

Yeah I think you'll find there's an content feeling from majority of fans on this forum, this season hasn't been as awful as last season with Woodgate but hasn't been electrifying. I think to be honest its mainly the difference between competent coaching of Warnock and his staff and what we had before with Woodgate which was incompetent on every level. Recruitment has been a mixed bag some good buys and some okay'ish buys for the money. 

Just an interesting question, do you reckon you Cardiff will get playoffs?

hiya mate, we are enjoying the ride at the moment because we have been served some crap over the years, just like Boro.  Before MM took over we would be happy just for mid table and some thought we were going to be relegated under Neil Harris.

You know what its like with a new manager bounce, a couple of results against us will see us drop out of the play offs.  This will be a tester for MM, but ii still do fancy your chances against us 👍

Hi Guy's.been a good thread this. I've only posted once before and that was when you appointed Warnock.I said he would do well for you and I still think he will get you up though maybe not this season.We are all jumping down here as only a month ago we all felt our season was over but for me what been more of a surprise is the way our lads seem to recover ready for the next game.I've a feeling the bubble may well burst soon because playing at the pace we play at under Mick is surely unsustainable for the rest of the season so if your less tired than us you may well come out on top because the sides that tend to roll their sleeves up against us tend to do best.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, martinccfc said:

Hi Guy's.been a good thread this. I've only posted once before and that was when you appointed Warnock.I said he would do well for you and I still think he will get you up though maybe not this season.We are all jumping down here as only a month ago we all felt our season was over but for me what been more of a surprise is the way our lads seem to recover ready for the next game.I've a feeling the bubble may well burst soon because playing at the pace we play at under Mick is surely unsustainable for the rest of the season so if your less tired than us you may well come out on top because the sides that tend to roll their sleeves up against us tend to do best.

spot on mate 👍

• Like 1

Thanks to all the Cardiff fans posting on here, at one time it always seemed Boro did well when we had opposition contribution but with our very limited attacking options today then I am not sure we will recapture previous form!

It should be a tight game but we are losing at home by 3 goals or so of late and Cardiff are seemingly a step up from recent opposition and no disrespect intended to those teams who have done so. sadly most of it self inflicted especially defence wise.

Can see, if we do get on the score sheet that Morsy or Saville maybe the ones to score.

Honestly would have prefered the game being played at Cardiff.

Prediction a low scoring draw (and I am mostly wrong)

• Like 1
18 hours ago, TDA said:

Hi another Bluebird with a soft spot for Boro here.  My first game at the back end of the 1965/66 season was a relegation decider between us at Ninian Park.  City won a great game  5 - 3 and down you went to Div 3.  Two seasons later you were back and in the corresponding fixture you has a guy called Brian Myton making his debut.  Both he and our Malcolm Clarke were sent off for fighting and I don't think Myton played much again for you.

So far as tomorrow is concerned, as said above, we looked very tired in our midweek game and there is not a lot of rest before this one.  If anyone can stop the present Bluebirds from playing, then it's Neil Warnock ...... God bless him!

Thanks for your input an a name long forgotten unless @Erimus74 can add to that?

Actually am surprised he has not done some blasts from the past on this game