oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff 1-1 (McNair)

4 hours ago, beanflickingchampion said:

🤔 We have had an Extra days rest and if Mick's way of playing is tiring maybe we will nick a draw. 🙏

I think you need to consider using a different Avatar😏

Although I am sure @SmogDane will appreciate it and ask for a link or two!

• Haha 2
  • Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, Cardiff fan in peace always had a soft spot for Boro ever since seeing your support in Cardiff early doors in the FA cup in the 90's.     Anyway after reading some comments about it

Introduction  I don't know where to start with this thread,  our season appears to be in a state of flux and Boro fans are struggling to know how to feel  We could probably do with a ni

Better team, deserve to come away with something - their goal was very predictable.  Anyone saying Warnock out, ridiculous.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Massive day do or die all or nothing for our promotion hope lose we stuck in this terrible league for another season 

This time last year we were all hoping to be stuck in this terrible league for another season 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Cardiff are everything we dont want to be up against at present, Boro are everything Cardiff want to face. this could be ugly. 

not wishing that, but im getting prepared for a drubbing . our only hope is a typical boro result.  hopefully we can be put out our misery today and stop clinging onto the weird hope of play offs, were nowhere near good enough or ready in truth.

54 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I hope we do but I fear this is the end of the promotion campaign. I expect Reading and Barnsley to get results today, Bournemouth loose and can’t see past a Cardiff win.

I can see Watford beating Bournemouth, Millwall (who are only three points behind us) battling for a draw at Barnsley, Brentford beating Stoke and survival fighting Rotherham doing a number on Rocky Reading.

That just leaves us and it would be entirely typical of Typical Boro if those sets of results came up for us to screw it all up.

Cardiff are on a great run of form, and we are still very inconsistent, logic suggests we'll struggle today (especially if we turn up like we did against Bristol). But this is the exact type of game we'll end up winning in typical Boro style. Lose to a team who had lost 6 in a row, win against a team who have won 6 in a row within the same week.

In terms of the team selection I think I'd make 2 changes. Fletcher for Akpom and Dijksteel for Hall. At times Akpom and Watmore have linked up well this season, not much but I've seen flashes of promise. Then Hall for Dijksteel mainly to have a physical defender in the back 3, but also I don't think Dijksteel has quite been at the same level as he was pre-Christmas, and maybe a few games out the starting 11 might do him some good*.

* I don't think he's be rubbish since Christmas, but I think he's not at the same level.

23 hours ago, BluebirdinExile said:

You're home but without fans its anyones game, if fans were allowed in and the support that you lot have, it would have been difficult for us. 

Do your team hate the sound of booing too?

No idea how this game plays out. Were kind of at the stage of the season where we cant afford to drop points, especially to the teams above us. I feel lose of draw and thats us.

Out of the current top 4, if we scraped 6th who would you want to face?

1 hour ago, Essuuaitch said:

Cardiff are everything we dont want to be up against at present, Boro are everything Cardiff want to face. this could be ugly. 

not wishing that, but im getting prepared for a drubbing . our only hope is a typical boro result.  hopefully we can be put out our misery today and stop clinging onto the weird hope of play offs, were nowhere near good enough or ready in truth.

It wont be a pretty game on the eye as both managers would rather just sit back and soak up the pressure. 

Im looking at a 1-1 draw, NW sides are always physical, we are always knackered after 70 mins. 

53 minutes ago, ChipBarrington said:

Do your team hate the sound of booing too?

No idea how this game plays out. Were kind of at the stage of the season where we cant afford to drop points, especially to the teams above us. I feel lose of draw and thats us.

Out of the current top 4, if we scraped 6th who would you want to face?

Id want to avoid Boro as you just dont know what Boro team will turn up, Swansea and Watford are both on fire.  I like to play Reading, as we have done well against them in the past. 

So, it's game day .. and everybody doing the typical Boro dance 😉 

We might have talked so much about doing a typicl Boro, that we just might lose to a better team, instead of winning, cause we are supposed to lose ... Reverse reversed jinx - Damn I lost my self! 

Oh My God Reaction GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Formation I would hope to see:

A keeper that is not Butterfingernelli!

Fisher, Fry, Hall, McNair, Bola
               Morsy, Saville
Kebano, Watmore, Johnson

Dijksteel and Howson need a rest - Both have looked off the pace lately. 
Saville and Morsy could be a good partnership. 

Britt and Akpom are, according to 99 % on here, USELESS! 

I remember when we were only a handful here who didn't rate Britt, while a lot of posters were talking him up. No name mentioning 😛 

UTMFB! 

Maggie Smith Winner GIF by Downton Abbey

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I remember when we were only a handful here who didn't rate Britt, while a lot of posters were talking him up. No name mentioning 😛 

We were the true visionaries SD!

You me and @BoroJake - A small handful - Must belong to a sawmill worker 😛