• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, Cardiff fan in peace always had a soft spot for Boro ever since seeing your support in Cardiff early doors in the FA cup in the 90's.     Anyway after reading some comments about it

Introduction  I don't know where to start with this thread,  our season appears to be in a state of flux and Boro fans are struggling to know how to feel  We could probably do with a ni

Better team, deserve to come away with something - their goal was very predictable.  Anyone saying Warnock out, ridiculous.

Posted Images

I would try britt today the trouble is the Cardiff back line is height but slow we need to keep ball on ground can't be putting so many crosses in or they'll head out all day long. We have to play quick pass move stuff on the floor. We do have players in Kebano, Watmore I wished Bolasie was fit aswell to hit their defence for pace we just can't hoofball or we lost 

16 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

If Akbum starts today and has another poor game then don't put this on NW's head its the recruitment team who identified him on the internet according to Warnocks comments in the Gazette, damn that pesky recruitment team.

I like Warnock but this has been extremely poor from him. He's starting to become a walking contradiction and I don't like it when fans are treated like numb skulls 😂. (Even though some of us are)

When we signed him - he said he was our number 1 target and that he followed his career carefully. Warnock was also the one who signed off the deal. I didn't believe what he said at the time but that's what he came out and said and now's he's blaming the recruitment team which is a load of nonsense. Additionally, Britt and Akpom were getting changed every other game at the beginning of the season regardless of how they performed/scored, which again is extremely poor for me.

Strikers need a run of games for confidence and you don't drop/rotate them after they scored the previous game.

Warnock is to blame more than anyone else regarding Akpom failure to succeed atm. Akpom may come good hopefully but I can't see it under Warnock unfortunately.  

Don't claim poverty and then bring in a £2.8million player and ruin his confidence by publicly outing him to the media and fans. That's not good from a manager and it's one of the things I hated under Pulis as well. 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I like Warnock but this has been extremely poor from him. He's starting to become a walking contradiction and I don't like it when fans are treated like numb skulls 😂. (Even though some of us are)

When we signed him - he said he was our number 1 target and that he followed his career carefully. Warnock was also the one who signed off the deal. I didn't believe what he said at the time but that's what he came out and said and now's he's blaming the recruitment team which is a load of nonsense. Additionally, Britt and Akpom were getting changed every other game at the beginning of the season regardless of how they performed/scored, which again is extremely poor for me.

Strikers need a run of games for confidence and you don't drop/rotate them after they scored the previous game.

Warnock is to blame more than anyone else regarding Akpom failure to succeed atm. Akpom may come good hopefully but I can't see it under Warnock unfortunately.  

Don't claim poverty and then bring in a £2.8million player and ruin his confidence by publicly outing him to the media and fans. That's not good from a manager and it's one of the things I hated under Pulis as well. 

Yep there is not a cat in hells chance that Akpom would be here if Warnock didn't want him, ok we all know our recruitment team couldn't pick their own noses but I totally agree this one is down to the manager, Akpom's just not very good and his career goal scoring record would suggest that there will be very little chance of a significant improvement either.

18 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

That's the other thing isn't it as well, mate. Akpom could well be a decent striker if we were playing a different way. We won't know that until Warnock leaves. It could well be that he's just not very good but we won't know until we stop playing a game that clearly isn't suited to him.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

That's the other thing isn't it as well, mate. Akpom could well be a decent striker if we were playing a different way. We won't know that until Warnock leaves. It could well be that he's just not very good but we won't know until we stop playing a game that clearly isn't suited to him.

Yeah I agree. He obviously isn't a lone striker and he had his most success at POAK playing in a front 2 but yeah you are completely right mate. Until Warnock goes, it will be hard to judge him.

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

He’s not been very good whichever manager he’s played under.
When we signed him, most people questioned the price we paid for a notoriously goal shy striker, why didn’t Warnock?

• Like 1

Warnock's comments in the Gazette about the recruitment team come conveniently at a time where his own future is up in the air.

Was it next week his meeting with Gibson?

Distancing himself from the poor decisions to make his work look better than it is. I don't recall him praising the recruitment team for bringing in Dijksteel and Bola, but then the only reason they are any good is because Warnock improved them.

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see what part NML plays today.  Now that the facts have come out, a lot of us feel that he let City down badly with two drugs bans within a few months.  He was a massive loss on the pitch, given the way we were trying to play under Neil Harris and there was just not enough time before the season to find a like for like replacement.

On his day, he is unplayable, but I am hoping that our defence knows enough about him to keep him quiet.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Bournemouth beating Watford, wasn't expecting that.

Hopefully Watford can flip the result.

Notice that they (Bournemouth) are playing a formation very similar to 4-3-3. Wasn't that Woodgate's ultimate goal with us? Wanting us to replicate the style and set-up as Liverpool?