oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff 1-1 (McNair)

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

70 Minutes.

70 *** MINUTES.

70 *** minutes to make changes after what, realising that hoof ball and high balls into the box wasn't working against a tall and strong Cardiff defence, shock *** horror.

Neil Warnock, hang your head in shame. You got it totally *** wrong yesterday and I'm still annoyed, we could have easily won that if you'd just done what every Boro fan could see needed doing at half time.

Sorry, but that's not a point gained in my eyes yesterday, that was 2 points lost.

Oh and Britt can *** off forever, I never want to see that useless, lazy, arrogant *** in a Boro shirt ever again!

I actually thought Boro played a fair bit of decent football, stroking it around on the deck for periods.

True, the final ball was almost always a high cross, which the Cardiff defence mostly dealt with very comfortably, but its worth noting our equaliser also came from another lofted ball into the box.

But after that we did resort to some truly horrendous hoofball. How the hell we ever expected to make anything happen with the ball spending most of the time in the air, I'll never know.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, Cardiff fan in peace always had a soft spot for Boro ever since seeing your support in Cardiff early doors in the FA cup in the 90's.     Anyway after reading some comments about it

Introduction  I don't know where to start with this thread,  our season appears to be in a state of flux and Boro fans are struggling to know how to feel  We could probably do with a ni

Better team, deserve to come away with something - their goal was very predictable.  Anyone saying Warnock out, ridiculous.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

70 Minutes.

70 *** MINUTES.

70 *** minutes to make changes after what, realising that hoof ball and high balls into the box wasn't working against a tall and strong Cardiff defence, shock *** horror.

Neil Warnock, hang your head in shame. You got it totally *** wrong yesterday and I'm still annoyed, we could have easily won that if you'd just done what every Boro fan could see needed doing at half time.

Sorry, but that's not a point gained in my eyes yesterday, that was 2 points lost.

Oh and Britt can *** off forever, I never want to see that useless, lazy, arrogant *** in a Boro shirt ever again!

It’s just football mate, don’t let yourself get so wound up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Old Codger said:

Out of curiosity, anyone think that the Pack "handball" would have been given if it was against Man U 🙂  

I genuinely don't.

From my viewing, it hit him in his chest and didn't touch either arm, even United couldn't get a VAR decision to ignore that.

11 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Fair enough...  initially thought arm to chest, but happy to go by a view from someone that is willing to give an honest opinion

I've only watched it once live and then on the highlights this morning, I could be wrong, but I think it was a shout of desperation from our players rather than a genuine belief that he'd handballed it.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I think that is incredibly harsh.

He's not been thrilling so far, but he's already looked more like doing something than Ravel Morrison ever did.

He's also had a consistently decent career, whilst Morrison has done nothing in 10 years.

He has been crap for us although he's clearly had a better career than Morrison.  If Spence, Coulson, Johnson played like he has for us so far then nobody would be giving him them time of day.  He shouldn't be anywhere near the team at this moment in time.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I've only watched it once live and then on the highlights this morning, I could be wrong, but I think it was a shout of desperation from our players rather than a genuine belief that he'd handballed it.

Yeah, I thought the same.

20 hours ago, TheJew said:

Barnsley got a decent foreign manager in. 

They finished below us last season but only miracle worker Warnock could have turned Boro around.  Probably say something similar about the Reading and Stoke managers as well.  But anyway, Warnock and crap football is all that we can possibly aspire to.

20 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

After the histrionics and dressing room schisms of Aitor's tenure, I don't think we'll get another foreign manager during Gibson's reign. Which is a shame, because he's ignoring a huge pool of fine managers beyond the usual merry-go-round of Bruce/Pulis/Warnock/Allardyce et al.

Like it or not, our managerial future involves either a hoofball veteran or an unqualified rookie, both with an English accent. We just have to hope someone - either Warnock or his replacement - can add some enjoyment to the endless hoofing and hoping.

Now you're making me wish for an oil tycoon to come in and buy Gibson out.

6 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It’s just football mate, don’t let yourself get so wound up. 

Wasn't it Brian Clough who once said, "Football isn't a matter of life and death...its more important than that..." 🙃