oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff 1-1 (McNair)

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

The audacity of Neil Maddison to say Britt up top hasn't worked, but not the tactics of pumping balls into the box again and again and again. 

Surely before kick off today anyone with half a brain could tell that wasn't going to work.

I think he had a point in what he was saying though, he was saying something similar to what others on here were saying in that that striker up front is not doing anything for us. I said pre-match we might as well play Hall up there and I wasn't even kidding, our fit strikers are that useless for how we play.

He was saying we'd be better off playing someone like Kebano in there instead, maybe as a kind of false 9. Drury laughed it off  as if the idea that Middlesbrough can use a formation made famous by excellent teams is like delving in the dark arts which we're not capable of. And whilst they might build a team around intentionally playing that way when we don't, we do have players right now who could try playing with that formation and there's only one way we're going if we continue to play the same way.

• Like 1
  • Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, Cardiff fan in peace always had a soft spot for Boro ever since seeing your support in Cardiff early doors in the FA cup in the 90's.     Anyway after reading some comments about it

Introduction  I don't know where to start with this thread,  our season appears to be in a state of flux and Boro fans are struggling to know how to feel  We could probably do with a ni

Better team, deserve to come away with something - their goal was very predictable.  Anyone saying Warnock out, ridiculous.

Posted Images

Just now, Changing Times said:

Whatever I think of Johnson, how does Mendez-Laing get in the team ahead of him? He’s barely looked like a footballer since he’s joined us and that might well be cos he’s missed so much football but that still means he shouldn’t be out there doesn’t it?

I think Mendez Laing’s selection was based on the superstition that he’s bound to do well against his old club. 

• Like 1

If this score stays the same, this is 10 points from our last 33 possible points plus an exit from a cup. 

That's relegation form. As bad as any period under woodgate. 

Only thing keeping me going is that Warnock walked from Cardiff when he realised he couldn't turn things around. I hope he does the same here.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

The season is over now really. No way are we getting top 6 and no chance of relegation either. The club really should look at bring another manager in and letting him learn over the next 15 or so games left. I think we have some pretty good players in our team and to constantly play like this really is awful

2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

north korea animation GIF

The Democratic Republic of MFC.

I was thinking more the democratic republic of KFC, given how often we seem to play like headless chickens. If you squint hard enough, he does look a bit like Gibson... 

kfc see GIF

If we take Britt off and put Akpom on I wouldn't put Akpom as main striker id put Akpom where Watmore is and put Watmore upfront. See if we can get Watmore to spin them defenders and get behind them with the ball.