oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff 1-1 (McNair)

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Come on Steve, do the decent thing and end our torment.  Warnock out!

You're wasting your time if you think Gibson has the ability to change things for the better. This is about as good as it gets. 

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, Cardiff fan in peace always had a soft spot for Boro ever since seeing your support in Cardiff early doors in the FA cup in the 90's.     Anyway after reading some comments about it

Introduction  I don't know where to start with this thread,  our season appears to be in a state of flux and Boro fans are struggling to know how to feel  We could probably do with a ni

Better team, deserve to come away with something - their goal was very predictable.  Anyone saying Warnock out, ridiculous.

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

I think (and it's been said a million times) that it's beyond the manager.  Meaning it's the club and what it wants to achieve long term.  I'd take farting around the championship if we had a vision.

The thing is though, once it actually comes to ‘farting around the championship’, most fans won’t accept it and will once again want the manager out. It’s all well and good wanting to play nice football etc. But at the end of the day, results is what matters and what pleases fans.
For what it’s worth I wouldn’t mind going for a long term vision, but as long as we are competing for the play offs. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

I think (and it's been said a million times) that it's beyond the manager.  Meaning it's the club and what it wants to achieve long term.  I'd take farting around the championship if we had a vision.

Oh I agree with that.  But the manager is an integral part of that and we currently have the wrong one for the vision I'd like us to have, that's all.

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, BoroSmoggie said:

They have to actually be a good manager at the same time though. Quite hard to find good managers that play good football that are willing to manage in this league. So more often then not they would have to come from abroad. Do we think Gibson is willing to go abroad again?

Personally I don’t mind Warnock being here next season, as I really think we will be more competitive with players like Kebano and Bolasie having a full season. (I know leave at end of season, but hopefully they rejoin us, especially Kebano). 
However, at the same time, I’m happy for the club to change things, as long as it is a good appointment which makes sense. 
I am of the strong opinion though, that the grass isn’t always greener, and I fear that if we change manager, we will probably end up changing manager again come the summer, after the ‘transition’ season doesn’t work. Are we better off with Warnock, for one final season, to let him build on the foundations he has created this season, albeit under crap football, to make one last push for promotion? Or is it worth the risk of potentially going back to square one and changing manager, but with the hope that we play nice football and get results at the same time? Ultimately it’s Gibson choice. 

Is it hard to find good managers that want to play good football?  It would seem to be a weird thing, for me anyway, if all of the on field progress made over the last 30/40 years hasn't lead to a different way of thinking in terms of coaching in this country.  But go foreign or whatever, that makes no difference to me.  It's just about what the manager believes in, and what we as a club are striving for.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I really don’t think keeping changing the manager solves anything. Structurally we don’t seem to possess the professionalism needed. Look at the likes of Barnsley- currently above us. They appear better organised as a club. As supposedly one of the bigger Championship clubs it appears we are constantly playing catch-up when set against other clubs.

I don’t think we’ve been well run for many years. Transfer activity, developing youth players into first teamers , we seem impotent at really making a success. Players we have are generally overrated( exception being our strikers) . Life appears very easy at Boro. Where else in the division would be Bettinelli be guaranteed a game week in, week out?

The whole club appears to be in a time warp- it needs a bl@@dy shake up from top to bottom 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
27 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Is it hard to find good managers that want to play good football?  It would seem to be a weird thing, for me anyway, if all of the on field progress made over the last 30/40 years hasn't lead to a different way of thinking in terms of coaching in this country.  But go foreign or whatever, that makes no difference to me.  It's just about what the manager believes in, and what we as a club are striving for.

Stop saying things like that!

You're making me want to agree with you...and thats scary! 

• Haha 1

After the histrionics and dressing room schisms of Aitor's tenure, I don't think we'll get another foreign manager during Gibson's reign. Which is a shame, because he's ignoring a huge pool of fine managers beyond the usual merry-go-round of Bruce/Pulis/Warnock/Allardyce et al.

Like it or not, our managerial future involves either a hoofball veteran or an unqualified rookie, both with an English accent. We just have to hope someone - either Warnock or his replacement - can add some enjoyment to the endless hoofing and hoping.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I thought we deserved the point and I think a point against the most in form team in the country is a very good point. I think the point today would have been more appreciated by out fans had we not put on such a sh*t show v Bristol City?

I think NML showed good signs. I thinK the poster who labelled him as a poor Ravel Morrison was being harsh and I feel when he fully up to speed his direct running will be very useful. I am hoping he does enough to earn a new contract as a free NML could be smart business.

The poster who said Akpom did more in 10mins than Britt did 80mins is bang on. Akpom movement was good and I hope he starts on Tuesday along with Kebano.

I am content with the point as the soon we get to 50pts then I can relax. I do not feel we are quite ready for play offs (not due to points gap but I feel there are several teams with better teams than us at moment) but I am ok with that. Hopefully next season we can go one better.

• Like 4

I think we do need a foreign manager in as they just seem to have better connections as we would never of signed Kike Stuani, Ramirez if Karanka wasn't Spanish didn't speak the language. That's the trouble hard with English manager they don't speak the language or get the culture that puts us at disadvantage in recruitment when most flair players are foreign 

5 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I think we do need a foreign manager in as they just seem to have better connections as we would never of signed Kike Stuani, Ramirez if Karanka wasn't Spanish didn't speak the language. That's the trouble hard with English manager they don't speak the language or get the culture that puts us at disadvantage in recruitment when most flair players are foreign 

Ramirez signed for Southampton when Nigel Adkins was manager, and Hull when Steve Bruce was manager.

Stuani and Kike are not flair players.

But as a counterpoint, we've signed Kebano who is a French flair player whilst having the oldest most English manager possible.

70 Minutes.

70 *** MINUTES.

70 *** minutes to make changes after what, realising that hoof ball and high balls into the box wasn't working against a tall and strong Cardiff defence, shock *** horror.

Neil Warnock, hang your head in shame. You got it totally *** wrong yesterday and I'm still annoyed, we could have easily won that if you'd just done what every Boro fan could see needed doing at half time.

Sorry, but that's not a point gained in my eyes yesterday, that was 2 points lost.

Oh and Britt can *** off forever, I never want to see that useless, lazy, arrogant *** in a Boro shirt ever again!

11 hours ago, TheJew said:

Barnsley got a decent foreign manager in. 

Problem is one we had one foreign manager in ever, you can guarantee who ever follows Warnock will be English. If I was Gibson I would do what I did when he hired karaka find a assistant coach that's been under a great manager for a long time and see if he take the job. We have a mid table squad now thanks to Warnock, we have the chance to go for something new and fresh not old and stale for the next manager. The only thing I would do is try and hold on to Ronnie Jepson if Warnock is retiring, lets not bring in an inexperienced assistant manager if this manager is new lets give him good support and advice when needed so that if things get difficult we dont have a Woodgate situation.  

Having said the above I think Warnock should stay on for the rest of this season, there's no harm in what hes doing to the club hes brought a doomed club from relegation to upper mid table team in the course of a season and got rid of some of the problems with the side in clayton and friend whos legs were shot plus tried to get rid of britt who is a big problem as he's expensive and not firing. Hes also brought in players like Morsey, Hall, Kebano Watmore and Bolasie who have added to the team who other managers will actually think are solid championship players next season. Maybe next season he can turn midtable into promotion or playoffs if he stays on.