oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff 1-1 (McNair)

Perversely, I think we might win this one. Warnock seems to be able to say all the right things to the players before games against good teams, and he'll know how to outfox Mick McCarthy. I imagine there are some angry players in our dressing room after that Monk-esque performance against Bristol City, and I could see us coming out of the blocks with a point to prove.

However, a win is irrelevant to our promotion chances, because we'll then fall apart against Coventry and get embarrassed again. Rinse, repeat.

• Like 2
  • Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, Cardiff fan in peace always had a soft spot for Boro ever since seeing your support in Cardiff early doors in the FA cup in the 90's.     Anyway after reading some comments about it

Introduction  I don't know where to start with this thread,  our season appears to be in a state of flux and Boro fans are struggling to know how to feel  We could probably do with a ni

Better team, deserve to come away with something - their goal was very predictable.  Anyone saying Warnock out, ridiculous.

Posted Images

Hi all, Cardiff fan in peace always had a soft spot for Boro ever since seeing your support in Cardiff early doors in the FA cup in the 90's.  

Anyway after reading some comments about it will be a walk in a park for Cardiff, I dont think it will be.  We are beginning to look tired, we are not used to the high press we are currently playing at the moment, if the scores are remaining level after 70 mins then I can see you sneaking something. You have a manager who knows how to grind out results in this division, so its not all doom and gloom for you.  

Anyway i hope we win on Saturday, but after that I hope you at least make the playoffs. 

All the best to you 👍

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good post, @BluebirdinExile. We do have a manager who knows how to grind out results, but the players don't seem to be following his instructions lately!

This is the sort of game that makes me glad I don't bet on results, because I have no idea what'll actually happen. We're hopelessly inconsistent atm.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

Good post, @BluebirdinExile. We do have a manager who knows how to grind out results, but the players don't seem to be following his instructions lately!

This is the sort of game that makes me glad I don't bet on results, because I have no idea what'll actually happen. We're hopelessly inconsistent atm.

It was the same with us at the end of his stint with us, players just didnt respond to him.  It didnt help matters when he said during the season that he was leaving, but if there is one manager who could get a club up its NW. 

Bolasie was a great signing for you, wish we went in for him. 

The premier league needs a team like boro. 

All the best mate 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
19 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Are we away from home? If so, we have a chance.

If we're at the Riverside, it's a 1-3 loss.

You're home but without fans its anyones game, if fans were allowed in and the support that you lot have, it would have been difficult for us. 

Like I said in my 1st post if its level after 70 mins, i fancy your chances especially with Watmore and fletcher doing well 👍

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I hope he goes with Watmore up front and not Britt or Akpom, they're both about as useful as inflatable dartboards

I think if you were in a swimming pool and drowning perhaps an inflatable Dartboard would be quite useful or if you were maybe packaging Great Aunt Agatha's priceless vase you could insert it around said vase and them semi inflate it to prevent it bouncing around the box in the post and getting smashed?

I'm sorry, I did think about Assombalonag and Akpom and can't come up with anything.

• Haha 1

I did think about trying to come up with some genuine and sensible responses to BearSmog's questions in his excellent opening post.

But then I thought about it...

We're at home to a team that has won 5 on the bounce...

All that really needs to be said here is:

This Is Bad The Simpsons GIF by Animation Domination

According to some very reliable analysis, our chances of getting a result this weekend:

versus staying GIF

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, BluebirdinExile said:

You're home but without fans its anyones game, if fans were allowed in and the support that you lot have, it would have been difficult for us. 

Like I said in my 1st post if its level after 70 mins, i fancy your chances especially with Watmore and fletcher doing well 👍

Nope, if we're at home it's a guaranteed loss. We're *** terrible at home.

Had hopes Bolasie and Tav were back on bench atleast. But think need Hall in defence to head due to Moore. We will do alright if we don't hoofball if line up like this have midgets up front against land of giants as Woodgate said they were on Wednesday night. We do stuggle against these sort of physical side aka Derby 

Bettinali

Dijksteel Fry. Hall. Mcnair Bola

Morsey.  Howson

Kebano.                              Johnson

Watmore

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, BluebirdinExile said:

It was the same with us at the end of his stint with us, players just didnt respond to him.  It didnt help matters when he said during the season that he was leaving, but if there is one manager who could get a club up its NW. 

Bolasie was a great signing for you, wish we went in for him. 

The premier league needs a team like boro. 

All the best mate 👍

I think its going to take a different manager and squad to get us into the PL, but appreciate the good wishes anyway. 👍

Just checked the table today and only just noticed Cardiff in the play-off places. You seem to have kind of sneaked in under the radar! 😁 Anyway, best of luck staying there. I have a feeling we'll give you a hand on Saturday.

4 hours ago, BluebirdinExile said:

Hi all, Cardiff fan in peace always had a soft spot for Boro ever since seeing your support in Cardiff early doors in the FA cup in the 90's.  

Anyway after reading some comments about it will be a walk in a park for Cardiff, I dont think it will be.  We are beginning to look tired, we are not used to the high press we are currently playing at the moment, if the scores are remaining level after 70 mins then I can see you sneaking something. You have a manager who knows how to grind out results in this division, so its not all doom and gloom for you.  

Anyway i hope we win on Saturday, but after that I hope you at least make the playoffs. 

All the best to you 👍

Yes thanks for your input however I think we will be getting back to you after the game with a resounding "we told you so"🙂

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Fletcher out for two to three weeks according to Warnock in his presser. Bolasie and Tav still not available.

I hope he goes with Watmore up front and not Britt or Akpom, they're both about as useful as inflatable dartboards.

Need to have Johnson on the pitch from kick off and if there is a choice between Britt and Akpom I would prefer to have the better footballer sadly that player is not available either😉

16 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Need to have Johnson on the pitch from kick off and if there is a choice between Britt and Akpom I would prefer to have the better footballer sadly that player is not available either😉

Johnson's crosses will be headed away time after time with their defenders against our strikers. We need a bit more nous to get past them than our hit and hope game - and I don't think it's going to happen.