• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's not really what he said though, at all. Reminder of the comments -   “It’s something we’ve been thinking about as a squad, and we’ve just come to this decision,” said Assombalonga, wh

Your second paragraph conflicts with your first one surely? It's not about increasing his value per se, more a case of maximising it or polishing a turd in common parlance. Britt isn't and never

Plays well with a man alongside him. We seen that for a couple of months under Woodgate when he played alongside Fletcher and they scored that quality goal against Millwall. But other than that we hav

9 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Quite right, Britt did not take the opportunity and very clear that he will be off at the end of the season

Shouldn't of even been on the pitch if you are talking about his attitude and wanting to be away at the end of the season.

Play Akpom, play Watmore or even play a false number 9. He's not wanted to here for 2 seasons now since his Cardiff move fell through in January 2 seasons ago. 

Can't wait for him to f**k off

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Shouldn't of even been on the pitch if you are talking about his attitude and wanting to be away at the end of the season.

Play Akpom, play Watmore or even play a false number 9. He's not wanted to here for 2 seasons now since his Cardiff move fell through in January 2 seasons ago. 

Not too long to wait but the saddest part is whether or not Warnock will use him without him trying to sell himself

• Like 1
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

You don't like him much, do you? 🙂

Serious point though, Akpom is the only out and out striker contracted to the club beyond this season, so he should be the one playing now in my opinion.  Need to get him up and running somehow, we won't do that by sitting him on the bench.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Serious point though, Akpom is the only out and out striker contracted to the club beyond this season, so he should be the one playing now in my opinion.  Need to get him up and running somehow, we won't do that by sitting him on the bench.

Good point and maybe use Bola as a striker due to his shooting ability, in fact has he ever played as a forward during his carrer?

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Good point and maybe use Bola as a striker due to his shooting ability, in fact has he ever played as a forward during his carrer?

I’m pretty sure he started out as a striker with Arsenal Alan

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Are we talking about Assombalonga or Howson here?

Britt, but I agree Howsons performances have been poor recently. (So have a lot of other players). I don’t usually question Howson attitude or body language though to be fair to him. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I feel for Britt as we haven't played to his strengths throughout his time here which hasn't helped  but because I know some background stuff on him, it doesn't help my opinion on him.

Players who don't want to be at the club, then I don't want to see at the club as it effects performances on the pitch when carrying passengers.

Yeah I agree. Play Akpom till end of the season and re-assess it in the summer. What do you make of Warnock's public outing of Akpom btw? I know you said brilliant post earlier but I'm sure you have a different outlook on it as well.

Just now, Blanco said:

I’m pretty sure he started out as a striker with Arsenal Alan

Thanks Joe for that because I have been thinking he just might be suited as an option for a few weeks now, let Johnson have more game time and consider Bola up top.

Am I mad?

9 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Not too long to wait but the saddest part is whether or not Warnock will use him without him trying to sell himself

Yeah I agree. Got a feeling Warnock will regret it if he starts Britt much more. 

Warnock will lose a lot of fans if he continues with Britt imo which is a shame but I understand it.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I feel for Britt as we haven't played to his strengths throughout his time here which hasn't helped  but because I know some background stuff on him, it doesn't help my opinion on him.

Players who don't want to be at the club, then I don't want to see at the club as it effects performances on the pitch when carrying passengers.

Yeah I agree. Play Akpom till end of the season and re-assess it in the summer. What do you make of Warnock's public outing of Akpom btw? I know you said brilliant post earlier but I'm sure you have a different outlook on it as well.

What are Britts strengths though? He’s been here for 5 years and we’ve been saying the same every season. I know he’s played under Monk, Pulis, Woodgate and Warnock but you’d still expect to see his strengths from time to time?

• Like 1
Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

What are Britts strengths though? He’s been here for 5 years and we’ve been saying the same every season. I know he’s played under Monk, Pulis, Woodgate and Warnock, but I still haven’t seen enough from Britt, to see his strengths. In behind? 

Plays well with a man alongside him. We seen that for a couple of months under Woodgate when he played alongside Fletcher and they scored that quality goal against Millwall. But other than that we haven't seen anything from him so it's hard to say about his strengths whilst at our club.

But at Forest and P'Boro his strengths were playing in the poaching role alongside a striker - something which we have never done. Pointless and waste of money signing which is made worse that it's our record buy so we should of done everything to accommodate him and we haven't. Both parties to blame for the failure

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I think it's terrible man management and smacks of someone who is more concerned about looking after himself.  The rotation earlier in the season was also weird.

I personally wouldn't have been playing Assombalonga once the transfer window had closed certainly, for the reason I've already stated that Akpom needs to be playing.  I mean, we've got what we've got out of Assombalonga now.  People will have differing opinions on it but to me we got exactly what we bought - a striker who will get about 15 a season.  We didn't get what we paid for however, which was something more than 15 goals a season.  Continuing to play him serves no purpose, and think about it from Akpom's point of view - he's behind players who will probably be leaving in the summer.  Add that to what Warnock has said and it's hardly going to give him a confidence boost.

The fact that the recruitment team are recommending players that aren't suited to the manager's clearly well established type of play isn't pretty *** ridiculous mind.  Another reason why I want Warnock gone though, not because I blame him for that as I absolutely don't, but because I don't particularly want him putting it right.

23 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Thanks Joe for that because I have been thinking he just might be suited as an option for a few weeks now, let Johnson have more game time and consider Bola up top.

Am I mad?

Probably 😂