oneBoro Forum

Captain

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think it's terrible man management and smacks of someone who is more concerned about looking after himself.  The rotation earlier in the season was also weird.

I personally wouldn't have been playing Assombalonga once the transfer window had closed certainly, for the reason I've already stated that Akpom needs to be playing.  I mean, we've got what we've got out of Assombalonga now.  People will have differing opinions on it but to me we got exactly what we bought - a striker who will get about 15 a season.  We didn't get what we paid for however, which was something more than 15 goals a season.  Continuing to play him serves no purpose, and think about it from Akpom's point of view - he's behind players who will probably be leaving in the summer.  Add that to what Warnock has said and it's hardly going to give him a confidence boost.

The fact that the recruitment team are recommending players that aren't suited to the manager's clearly well established type of play isn't pretty *** ridiculous mind.  Another reason why I want Warnock gone though, not because I blame him for that as I absolutely don't, but because I don't particularly want him putting it right.

Yeah good point and I agree with a lot of that.

I've always appreciated what  Warnock did at the club and especially last season as I thought we were going to go down tbh and I feel he's over achieved this season, but fans are now starting to slowly turn on him which is a worry. 

Akpom's confidence must be at rock bottom with how we have treat him. I remember thinking after he scored and played well at Wycome away and then he was dropped, that would kill his confidence.

I didn't want Warnock in the summer as I just felt it was ideal opportunity to put down a marker with a longer term vision with someone who had the experience and would be at the club longer than just a couple of seasons. Someone like Houghton, Pearson or Marco Silva even though Gibson probably won't go foreign again.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's not really what he said though, at all. Reminder of the comments -   “It’s something we’ve been thinking about as a squad, and we’ve just come to this decision,” said Assombalonga, wh

Your second paragraph conflicts with your first one surely? It's not about increasing his value per se, more a case of maximising it or polishing a turd in common parlance. Britt isn't and never

Plays well with a man alongside him. We seen that for a couple of months under Woodgate when he played alongside Fletcher and they scored that quality goal against Millwall. But other than that we hav

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yeah good point and I agree with a lot of that.

I've always appreciated what  Warnock did at the club and especially last season as I thought we were going to go down tbh and I feel he's over achieved this season, but fans are now starting to slowly turn on him which is a worry. 

Akpom's confidence must be at rock bottom with how we have treat him. I remember thinking after he scored and played well at Wycome away and then he was dropped, that would kill his confidence.

I didn't want Warnock in the summer as I just felt it was ideal opportunity to put down a marker with a longer term vision with someone who had the experience and would be at the club longer than just a couple of seasons. Someone like Houghton, Pearson or Marco Silva even though Gibson probably won't go foreign again.

Fans need to set more realistic expectations of what we should be achieving.   We are a very average Championship side.  We are nowhere near being ready to be a Premier League team.  If we went up, we would be eaten alive there.

• Like 1

How important do you think a captain is to the side both on and off the pitch?

Very important on the pitch, the captain should be the managers right hand man when they are not carrying out his instructions to hold players to account. He should also be the player who puts an arm around young players when they make a mistake and let them know its okay just learn from it but try make amends. Communication and organising on the pitch is also a big part of the role. Off the pitch, not so sure. 

Do you think a different decision at the start of the season would leave us in a better position now?

Yes do you see Britt doing any of the above particularly in difficult moments to try drag us through? then let me ask you, how many times did lead bitter do all of the above?  

Would you change captains in the middle of the season right now or do you think that could lead to dressing room division?

Yes change it, might help our fortunes and might actually stop some of the silly mistakes if someone holding people accountable. 

Who would you like to see take over if you would?

Morsy without a doubt, I see a lot of Leadbitter in him taking one for the team when opposition are looking dangerous and if you watch him he communicates with his team mates constantly. He was also captain at Wigan for 3 years before coming here and Wigan fans had nothing but praise for him which tells you a lot.