oneBoro Forum

Season Tickets 2021/22 Season

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:
2 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Yes I didn't renew last season because I honestly couldn't see how fans would be allowed back, so I wasn't prepared to give money over for something I felt had no chance of happening.

Yeah, I think a lot were of the mindset mate. Mine was a mixture of that and just generally not feeling safe about the idea of going there, especially when we still had relatively little information and protection from it.

I renewed cos I'm a daft bugger.  I was thinking of not renewing next season though but now our tickets are automatically renewed so I suppose I would have to actually cancel them.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s my absolute dream to someday be able to be in a position to get over to the Riverside for every home game. The year I retire from work I’m going to go all out for it. Some of you guys don’t know

Well it's great that you came through the other side of it anyway, and with the adventure of a new life in Canada to look forward to as well 👍

This is really similar what happened to me and the feeling has always stayed with me. I was suicidal in 2014 and going to games saved my life, really love the feeling.

15 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Do you have a scrap book of all my posts? Should i be worried?

Wow, that would be dullest book in the universe.  It'd be tough to know who was the weirdest, the person who wrote all of the posts or the person who wanted to collect them all for posterity.  Frightening.

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I renewed cos I'm a daft bugger.  I was thinking of not renewing next season though but now our tickets are automatically renewed so I suppose I would have to actually cancel them.

Don't fancy it then next season CT.

1 minute ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Don't fancy it then next season CT.

No, not really.  Warnock will be the manager so it'll be more of the same crap to watch.  It's been bad enough watching it from afar without having to take the time and trouble to actually go to the games.  There were a couple of games I didn't even watch when I wasn't around on here last month, and I honestly didn't miss it one bit.  I suppose it's that thing about getting out of the habit of doing something.  Covid has got me out of the habit of going to Boro games and I'm wondering if I really want to change that.  Not to watch this football, that's for sure.  I renewed under Pulis despite my reservations but that was more out of a sense of obligation than anything else.  I don't feel the same obligation now because I haven't been going this season.  I suppose there is also the broader point that as the world opens up again, there will be more things to do, and a 'missed' year to make up for.  Do I want to be spending a lot of time doing something I probably won't enjoy much, or trying different things I will probably enjoy a lot more?  When you put it like that it's not even much of a decision, but then I've been going to Boro games for donkeys years.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No, not really.  Warnock will be the manager so it'll be more of the same crap to watch.  It's been bad enough watching it from afar without having to take the time and trouble to actually go to the games.  There were a couple of games I didn't even watch when I wasn't around on here last month, and I honestly didn't miss it one bit.  I suppose it's that thing about getting out of the habit of doing something.  Covid has got me out of the habit of going to Boro games and I'm wondering if I really want to change that.  Not to watch this football, that's for sure.  I renewed under Pulis despite my reservations but that was more out of a sense of obligation than anything else.  I don't feel the same obligation now because I haven't been going this season.  I suppose there is also the broader point that as the world opens up again, there will be more things to do, and a 'missed' year to make up for.  Do I want to be spending a lot of time doing something I probably won't enjoy much, or trying different things I will probably enjoy a lot more?  When you put it like that it's not even much of a decision, but then I've been going to Boro games for donkeys years.

I can see where your coming from, its nearly always been the same with me blind loyalty, and coming out of the ground full of hell after watching poor drab football. I made a comment that the only thing good about the Lockdown was not having to go to the Riverside, my explanation for that is similar to yours I haven't missed  trekking down to the ground in all sorts of weather to watch this garbage. I've turned the air blue sat at home watching this crap, so now I face a dilemma do I renew or not and at the moment the scales are in the balance, I've been supporting since a kid, and I've lost count of the amount of times I've said never again then renewed, we'll see. what happens.    

1 minute ago, Rioch's Braves said:

I can see where your coming from, its nearly always been the same with me blind loyalty, and coming out of the ground full of hell after watching poor drab football. I made a comment that the only thing good about the Lockdown was not having to go to the Riverside, my explanation for that is similar to yours I haven't missed  trekking down to the ground in all sorts of weather to watch this garbage. I've turned the air blue sat at home watching this crap, so now I face a dilemma do I renew or not and at the moment the scales are in the balance, I've been supporting since a kid, and I've lost count of the amount of times I've said never again then renewed, we'll see. what happens.    

Yeah it's a dilemma really 😕

It's definitely gonna be an odd time for quite a few people who've considered 'getting out of it', in a sense. I imagine a few people are in that position where it's either become habit to renew or perhaps sometimes difficult to see the alternatives. This past year has put so many into a limbo state and when we exit it, things aren't going to be the same as they were when we entered it. Do people really want to get back into a routine of something that makes them miserable after the past year? I'd certainly advise not to. 😄

I've really missed it though. I loved being there and getting my first season card for Woody's season, it all coincided with me exiting a really rough mental health patch. Even that day Monk's Wednesday put 4 past us, the performance and the result didn't take away the overall positive impact it had on me and I still feel very privileged to be able to go after such a long time wanting to be there. I haven't entirely worked out the logistics of it yet but I know I want to be there if I can.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's definitely gonna be an odd time for quite a few people who've considered 'getting out of it', in a sense. I imagine a few people are in that position where it's either become habit to renew or perhaps sometimes difficult to see the alternatives. This past year has put so many into a limbo state and when we exit it, things aren't going to be the same as they were when we entered it. Do people really want to get back into a routine of something that makes them miserable after the past year? I'd certainly advise not to. 😄

I've really missed it though. I loved being there and getting my first season card for Woody's season, it all coincided with me exiting a really rough mental health patch. Even that day Monk's Wednesday put 4 past us, the performance and the result didn't take away the overall positive impact it had on me and I still feel very privileged to be able to go after such a long time wanting to be there. I haven't entirely worked out the logistics of it yet but I know I want to be there if I can.

I can't fault you if its something you enjoy doing then do it mate.

It’s my absolute dream to someday be able to be in a position to get over to the Riverside for every home game. The year I retire from work I’m going to go all out for it. Some of you guys don’t know how privileged you are to be able to go every week 

• Like 6
38 minutes ago, Blanco said:

It’s my absolute dream to someday be able to be in a position to get over to the Riverside for every home game. The year I retire from work I’m going to go all out for it. Some of you guys don’t know how privileged you are to be able to go every week 

You're definitely the superest of all the superfans, Blanco 👍

I'm in a strange position. I'm emigrating in a few years (Canada) to be with the missus. I have to finish university, wrap up a couple of on the job qualifications. I don't really have time for a season ticket but I also really want one because in a few years I won't be able to attend live games anymore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I loved being there and getting my first season card for Woody's season, it all coincided with me exiting a really rough mental health patch. Even that day Monk's Wednesday put 4 past us, the performance and the result didn't take away the overall positive impact it had on me and I still feel very privileged to be able to go after such a long time wanting to be there. I haven't entirely worked out the logistics of it yet but I know I want to be there if I can.

This is really similar what happened to me and the feeling has always stayed with me. I was suicidal in 2014 and going to games saved my life, really love the feeling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2