• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s my absolute dream to someday be able to be in a position to get over to the Riverside for every home game. The year I retire from work I’m going to go all out for it. Some of you guys don’t know

Well it's great that you came through the other side of it anyway, and with the adventure of a new life in Canada to look forward to as well 👍

This is really similar what happened to me and the feeling has always stayed with me. I was suicidal in 2014 and going to games saved my life, really love the feeling.

5 minutes ago, Red Rocket said:

This is really similar what happened to me and the feeling has always stayed with me. I was suicidal in 2014 and going to games saved my life, really love the feeling.

Are you sure it wasn't the Boro causing it?

• Haha 2

Good luck Jen..  I am sure you will enjoy your new career as a lumberjack..  or should that be lumberjill..  speaking as someone who was able to convince their spouse to move from LA to the Boro, the adjustments can take time, but if the effort is made, the happiness that results is worth it..  and when you make your first billion, you can invest it in the club ..  all the best for your future 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Good luck Jen..  I am sure you will enjoy your new career as a lumberjack..  or should that be lumberjill..  speaking as someone who was able to convince their spouse to move from LA to the Boro, the adjustments can take time, but if the effort is made, the happiness that results is worth it..  and when you make your first billion, you can invest it in the club ..  all the best for your future 

Hmmmm so if the rumours fly around that we are changing our name to the Boro Red Rockets, we will know what happened 😃 

All the best Jen, hope it works out well 👍

• Like 2

Interesting stuff. Highest support in several years from opening day discounting those who bought theirs last year, that'll probably help Warnock with his meeting with Gibson, if he needed it. Still not sure if I'll be adding my name to that list, though that probably won't be determined by the man in charge.

45 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Interesting stuff. Highest support in several years from opening day discounting those who bought theirs last year, that'll probably help Warnock with his meeting with Gibson, if he needed it. Still not sure if I'll be adding my name to that list, though that probably won't be determined by the man in charge.

It's almost like lots of people cancelled them last season and are renewing again now that we are likely to be back in stadiums.

56 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Will be interesting to see the final no of STs sold. I could see it going either way - fans not wanting to go to games due to covid/finances being tighter, or fans being desperate to get back and realising how lucky they are to be able to go back to the football. 

Personally i can't wait for the first game with all the fans back in. Bet the atmosphere will be great. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Will be interesting to see the final no of STs sold. I could see it going either way - fans not wanting to go to games due to covid/finances being tighter, or fans being desperate to get back and realising how lucky they are to be able to go back to the football. 

Personally i can't wait for the first game with all the fans back in. Bet the atmosphere will be great. 

The football will soon fix that!

I wonder what effect having that fan presence at games would have had. Fans who've not forgotten Pulis was only in charge a couple of years ago having to deal with some of the rubbish play we do sometimes. How would Warnock deal with the grumbles of the Riverside fanbase? I guess he'll find out next year one way or another.

45 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I should think it would be more just to get out and start doing things again.  Financial side of it could be a factor but I think people often make sacrifices for their football team.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I wonder what effect having that fan presence at games would have had. Fans who've not forgotten Pulis was only in charge a couple of years ago having to deal with some of the rubbish play we do sometimes. How would Warnock deal with the grumbles of the Riverside fanbase? I guess he'll find out next year one way or another.

The atmosphere would have been lacking in quite a few games and awful in a few others I would guess.  It would have been decent in some of them though.  Under Pulis it got to the stage where a win was obviously positively greeted but not necessarily passionately greeted, if you know what I mean.  What is interesting is that for a long time some people have blamed the atmosphere in the ground for poor performances, and yet here we are with one of our worst home records in the last 30 years and no fans to blame for it.

15 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

and yet here we are with one of our worst home records in the last 30 years and no fans to blame for it.

It's not even close to our worst, it's not even bad, we've got the 8th best home record this season.

Last season alone was worse, we need 9 points from 6 games to beat the season before that.

The 16/17 PL season was worse, we need 8 points to beat 11/12, 9 to beat 09/10.

It's already better than it was in 08/09, 07/08, 05/06, 01/02 (obviously all tougher opposition) and that's where I got bored.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's not even close to our worst, it's not even bad, we've got the 8th best home record this season.

Last season alone was worse, we need 9 points from 6 games to beat the season before that.

The 16/17 PL season was worse, we need 8 points to beat 11/12, 9 to beat 09/10.

It's already better than it was in 08/09, 07/08, 05/06, 01/02 (obviously all tougher opposition) and that's where I got bored.

Sorry mate, I should have specified that I was talking about at this level 👍 I was trying to compare like for like competition and the same amount of games, but also it's more recently where the noise about fans being to blame for poor results at home seems to have gained traction.  Even then, I was looking at 'bad' results in isolation to be honest i.e. defeats, as a means of following on from what Wilson posted about what the atmosphere might be like next season.

Last season was worse although last season also included some games behind closed doors.  Comparing the like for like record, we have an 8-3-6 record after 17 games this season, last season it was 6-7-4 at the same point.  A difference of two points in what most would regard as our worst season in a long time.  We need 10 points in 6 games to beat the season before that, certainly possible, but it's taken us 9 home games to earn our last 10 points, so it's by no means guaranteed.  The same can be said for 11/12 and 09/10.  If our form improves between now and the end of the season then yeah we could beat those seasons but if it stays the same then we probably won't.  In either case, those are still the worst seasons at this level for a period of time, which isn't great company to be in!