• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have said plenty positive when there's been something positive to me, which has been few and far between! We just watch football in different ways. I know you like defensive football with

Absolute rubbish. Only one team plays more long balls than us per game. We have the least percentage of possession in our third of the pitch in the championship, showing we get rid of the ba

Posted Images

I'd like us to go back to 4 at the back now Tav is back. 

Bettinelli

Dijksteel fry McNair Bola

Morsy

Saville    

Tav

Kebano                 Watmore

Akpom

Reason I prefer 4 at the back is that I like both Bola and dijksteel but neither are creative. By having a flat back 4 and morsy sat in front of them (no where near the oppositions box) then we can focus on playing a more dynamic game ahead of those 5 without much fear of counters. Plus were playing bloody coventry, we don't need 7 dedicated defenders on the pitch. 

Kebano, watmore and Tav all need to see more ball in the oppositions 3rd and I think saville would probably be the best of our average midfielders to help facilitate that because he covers a lot of grass and links things up. Howson is badly in need of a rest.

• Like 1

If we were to play a back four, i'd play it the same way @Neverbefore with Howson in there fitness dependent as you say. Allows the full backs to concentrate on what they're good at which is defending and lets our creative talent do their thing. Morsy should balance things out if he plays his natural game.

3 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Who will be thrown this week?

Probably the physio for not making sure his preferred players were available.

What Team and Formation Will Warnock go with? What would you do?

Haven't the foggiest. lately NW seems to change his starting XI and formation every week, either based on his many, many, MANY years of experience...or possibly depending on what his horoscope in the Sun said.

Personally I'd go something like this:

343684656_CoventryvsBoro.PNG.bd228a70ba82b74c8a439e6a551b290b.PNG

At what point do we stop playing the loan lads?

Well they seem to be doing okay and we've only got them until the end of the season (as of now), so we may as well get our money's worth out of them.

We all remember Keith O’Neil but who were the last two players to move between Coventry and Middlesbrough (clue: they were loan deals)?

Only player I can remember coming from Coventry was Jutkiewicz...but he wasn't a loan, was he?

Spence at LB?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Bettinelli

Morsy

Saville    

Tav

Akpom

Reason I prefer 4 at the back is that I like both Bola and dijksteel but neither are creative. By having a flat back 4 and morsy sat in front of them (no where near the oppositions box) then we can focus on playing a more dynamic game ahead of those 5 without much fear of counters. Plus were playing bloody coventry, we don't need 7 dedicated defenders on the pitch. 

Kebano, watmore and Tav all need to see more ball in the oppositions 3rd and I think saville would probably be the best of our average midfielders to help facilitate that because he covers a lot of grass and links things up. Howson is badly in need of a rest.

That’s probably the team I’d go for aswell. Maybe Howson in for Morsy, but not fussed either way tbh. Want to see Saville back in the team, not entirely sure why he was dropped in the first place. Only midfielder we have capable of getting goals.

2 hours ago, Humpty said:

Bettinelli

McNair Hall Fry

Djikesteel                     Bola

Howson Tavernier

Kebano                    Watmore

Akpom 

This would be the line-up/set for me this game too, but I'd change 2 things.

I'd have Morsy for Howson and Fisher for Dijksteel. Howson and Dijksteel haven't been firing all cylinders last few games in my opinion. 

If I was being really pedantic I'd swap McNair and Fry too 😉

• Like 1
On 2/28/2021 at 9:33 AM, GrimsbyBoro said:

1. Who will be thrown this week?

2. What Team and Formation Will Warnock go with? What would you do?

3. At what point do we stop playing the loan lads?

4. We all remember Keith O’Neil but who were the last two players to move between Coventry and Middlesbrough (clue: they were loan deals)?

1. Probably that Karen that got name dropped a few weeks back. Must be her turn soon. 

2. I reckon he'll go back to the 5-3-2 with the midfield 3 of Howson, Saville and Morsy.

I'd go for 5-2-3. Bettinelli - Fisher, Fry, Hall, McNair, Bola - Morsy, Tav - Kebano, Akpom, Watmore. Get Fisher and Bola bombing on out wide, Kebano and Watmore cutting inside, McNair stepping into midfield when Tav pushes forwards and Morsy screening the defence. 

3. Think the loanees are not far off our best players (minus Bettinelli).

4. Other than the Juke I haven't a clue who the other player is.

On 2/28/2021 at 9:33 AM, GrimsbyBoro said:

We all remember Keith O’Neil but who were the last two players to move between Coventry and Middlesbrough (clue: they were loan deals)?

You've proper confused me with this question.  Keith O'Neill left us to join Coventry but we signed him from Norwich.  We signed Noel Whelan from Coventry if that's who you mean?  If you are including outgoing transfers then I'm sure we've had nearly half a dozen on loan at Coventry over the last 5 or 6 years - people like Hines, Luke Williams, Bryn Morris have been on loan there, haven't they?  If you mean incoming transfers only, Juke was a loan to get him in time for a game and the last one I think can think of before him was John Eustace, who we signed on loan for no real reason at all.

Another big game, I don't expect it to be easy.

2-0 flattered us when we played them at home, and we're in worse form now, so I'm not expecting miracles.

But only a win keeps us in the chase.

A game we should win, whenever I think that way Mr Pete Tong always shows up but here is hoping Mr Ray Bright decides to visit despite Covid rules.

Can't afford to drop down lower from here maintaining what we have is very important.

16 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Bettinelli

Morsy

Saville    

Tav

Akpom

That's the team for me to. Could possibly put McNair in ahead of Saville and Hall at the back with Fry. Gives us someone hopefully who can drive with the ball from midfield and it avoids us playing Saville so it's a win win.

Still no word on Bolasie? You put Bolasie and Fletcher in for Watmore and Akpom and that's arguably the best attacking players we've had on the pitch for about 5 or 6 years. Shame it's still Warnock managing them though.

29 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

You put Bolasie and Fletcher in for Watmore and Akpom and that's arguably the best attacking players we've had on the pitch for about 5 or 6 years. Shame it's still Warnock managing them though.

That's what frustrates me the most about our current form. For the first time in many years, we have real attacking options (players many Championship clubs would give their eye teeth for), yet we're not even close to harnessing their potential.

This season is going to go down as a huge missed opportunity if we don't improve quickly, considering the players at Warnock's disposal and the fact he's been here long enough to have us playing consistently.

• Like 1