oneBoro Forum

Coventry vs Boro 1-2 (Hall, Saville)

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Did anyone see Akpoms attempt at a clearance for there goal😂 fml 

Yeah I saw it in the original replay, said it at the time, best chicken impression. Pathetic attempt to defend, he's not even close to his man or the ball as he jumps, he just tries to jump high in the air.

• Like 1
  • Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have said plenty positive when there's been something positive to me, which has been few and far between! We just watch football in different ways. I know you like defensive football with

Absolute rubbish. Only one team plays more long balls than us per game. We have the least percentage of possession in our third of the pitch in the championship, showing we get rid of the ba

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Difficult first half, I appreciate we haven’t played much football but my words it makes it hard when Coventry hoof it high every time they have the ball. I can’t help but feel we are playing their game more than our own (we don’t hoof it that much!) 

really nice to see that header from Hall, we have really missed that attacking presence from set pieces.

Only Wycombe play more long balls a game than us in the whole of the league. 

Only Barnsley have a worse percentage of successful long balls than us in the league.

People see what they want to see.

• Like 1

Dijksteel for Fisher and slot McNair into the back 3. I'd also probably bring Watmore on for Spence. 

I've been banging on about it for a few games, but Dijksteel looks a bit off the pace.

Spence hasn't done too much wrong, but I think the way the game will go (Coventry sitting deeper in the 2nd half), getting someone with more trickery will help unlock that defence.

Plus with those changes we can push McNair back into defence, barring the set piece he's been largely anonymous in midfield.

11 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

drama haters GIF

Blanco right now

Absolutely we have the three points in the bag here and the moaning is rife 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I've said this for a while, seems like there's more gaps when we play with 5 than 4.

Especially when they hit us on the break. It’s been very  noticeable specifically at home games.

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He could be moaning about the state of the pitch?

A deliberately waterlogged pitch.

Can't think of much else to complain about except our own performance.

Still not slipping over as much as they do at our place though 🙂

4 minutes ago, Leesider said:

So glad my often predicted Hall header materialised at last! Couldnt see any any other way of scoring, Schoolyard football,Hard to watch.we can only improve.

I sincerely hope so mate 👍

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah I saw it in the original replay, said it at the time, best chicken impression. Pathetic attempt to defend, he's not even close to his man or the ball as he jumps, he just tries to jump high in the air.

Was awful, and embarrassing. Seemed he just jumped for the sake of jumping instead of actually going to attack the ball. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Maybe should have had someone decent in the air there instead?  If you look, we must have had two or three players marking nobody at all in the middle.

Dijksteel looks like he has caught the dread Assombalonga virus. Wherever that abscess was it looks like they removed half his footballing brain with it. 

I'd hook him at half time and go with a back three of Fry, Hall and McNair. Throw on Johnson, Watmore or Bolasie to add more impetus and less impotence. No point in drawing, only wins will do so do or die for me.

1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Dijksteel looks like he has caught the dread Assombalonga virus. Wherever that abscess was it looks like they removed half his footballing brain with it. 

I'd hook him at half time and go with a back three of Fry, Hall and McNair. Throw on Johnson, Watmore or Bolasie to add more impetus and less impotence. No point in drawing, only wins will do so do or die for me.

He’s much better at RB than CB in my opinion. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Still not slipping over as much as they do at our place though 🙂

I suppose they have the excuse that there are twice as many games being played on their pitch, but it doesn't explain the watering.