oneBoro Forum

Coventry vs Boro 1-2 (Hall, Saville)

Just now, SmogDane said:

Thanks for the input, Sirs Admins .. 

It's quite funny that it was the pair of you with a snappy and grumpy reply before anyone else 😄 

And to think that they both made positive comments for the first time this season before the game last night 😂😂😂

• Haha 2
  • Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have said plenty positive when there's been something positive to me, which has been few and far between! We just watch football in different ways. I know you like defensive football with

Absolute rubbish. Only one team plays more long balls than us per game. We have the least percentage of possession in our third of the pitch in the championship, showing we get rid of the ba

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

And to think that they both made positive comments for the first time this season before the game last night 😂😂😂

An Irish man and a Dane walks in to a bar ...  😛 

If you want to blame our tactics on other teams then fair enough. That's your call. We're merely pointing out that the statistics and watching us actually play suggests that we are the ones guilty of creating scrappy games. It's what we do. 

And last night we didn't concede from a freak goal. We conceded due to rank poor defending. Granted that has got nothing to do with our inability to play football. But conceding goals like against Cardiff and Coventry aren't freak goals but rather just incredibly poor defending.

• Like 1
Just now, SmogDane said:

An Irish man and a Dane walks in to a bar ...  😛 

The Irish man says "throw me a beer" from across the room resulting in beer all over the place with just a little left. He tries again with the same outcome. For some reason he is happy. Meanwhile the Dane stolls up to the bar and asks the bartender to pass him a beer which results in a full pint much to the joy of the Dane.

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

The Irish man says "throw me a beer" from across the room resulting in beer all over the place with just a little left. He tries again with the same outcome. For some reason he is happy. Meanwhile the Dane stolls up to the bar and asks the bartender to pass him a beer which results in a full pint much to the joy of the Dane.

Skål

4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I have said plenty positive when there's been something positive to me, which has been few and far between!

We just watch football in different ways.

I know you like defensive football with solidity before everything else - imagine we played every game with 2 defenders, 8 strikers and we lost every week 5-4. Having to watch this football is as frustrating for me as that would be for you. 

I hate being called negative and being negative about boro, because previously I have been one of the more positive fans on here. During moggas time I stuck with him until the very end when everyone else had turned on him. Even the same with Strachan. Woodgate and monk I wasn't exactly happy about but supported them till the end.

But watching this football has destroyed my spirit. It's so boring to me. It might not be for you, but it is for me and it's ruining everything I enjoy about watching Boro. So excuse me if I'm down on the current state of our club. But I wish people would be more accepting of my view in context of how I view football to be played rather than  branding me negative. 

• Like 7

The funny part is, that we did'nt play head tennis v Reading and Brentford  .. Those two spring to mind ..

But well - That's the beauty of a game like football .. We watch the same thing but with totally different eyes. 

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

The funny part is, that we did'nt play head tennis v Reading and Brentford  .. Those two spring to mind ..

But well - That's the beauty of a game like football .. We watch the same thing but with totally different eyes. 

Vs reading we played 170 passes, 83 of them were long balls. 36% possession. 

Vs Brentford we fared slightly better, 189 passes and 67 long balls. 39% possession.

Nearly half our passes are long balls mate. 

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Vs reading we played 170 passes, 83 of them were long balls. 36% possession. 

Vs Brentford we fared slightly better, 189 passes and 67 long balls. 39% possession.

Nearly half our passes are long balls mate. 

Yes, but there were no Wimbledon head tennis going on .. We played ok in both games and still you have to give the opponent some credit. 

We do aggree that we attempt many long passes .. But we also play with the ball, when we get to the last third .. 

I see it as route one to get the ball to the last third and then  play from there .. 

I aggree too, that Warnock is to stubboen to try a different approach .. But his way of getting a tune out of a lot of players .. You cannot take away .. 

The season is still on .. Let's find a way to enjoy it 

5 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Yes, but there were no Wimbledon head tennis going on .. We played ok in both games and still you have to give the opponent some credit. 

We do aggree that we attempt many long passes .. But we also play with the ball, when we get to the last third .. 

I see it as route one to get the ball to the last third and then  play from there .. 

I aggree too, that Warnock is to stubboen to try a different approach .. But his way of getting a tune out of a lot of players .. You cannot take away .. 

I can't force myself to enjoy it though, I wish I could. Until we have a change of style, which won't happen under Warnock, I won't be able to enjoy watching Boro play. At the moment I just don't care when we score or when we concede. It's soul destroying!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Well Brentford and Reading play better football and aren't as willing to indulge in head tennis with us like Cov and Cardiff. When 2 direct teams meet it gets ugly.

4 minutes ago, MMC said:

Well Brentford and Reading play better football and aren't as willing to indulge in head tennis with us like Cov and Cardiff. When 2 direct teams meet it gets ugly.

That's exactly what I am saying.

But we do play better against ball playing teams

9 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

That's exactly what I am saying.

But we do play better against ball playing teams

Maybe we should try playing it on the floor against poorer teams as well then?

• Like 3

Personally thought Howson was one of our best players last night.

We didn't play well as a team, but I think he was one of the few that played well as an individual.

That's even discounting his major role in the winner.