Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Coventry vs Boro 1-2 (Hall, Saville)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

Do you think we would be in top 2 if we had Randolph all season?

Nah, keeper is only one issue to solve for that target. If we had a good keeper, creative attacking players and Zlatan up front all season long then maybe challenging for top 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have said plenty positive when there's been something positive to me, which has been few and far between! We just watch football in different ways. I know you like defensive football with

Absolute rubbish. Only one team plays more long balls than us per game. We have the least percentage of possession in our third of the pitch in the championship, showing we get rid of the ba

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

3 points per game for the last 1 game!!!

That’s title winning form right there CT

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoroSmoggie said:

We have got 13 points from our last 6 away league games. Above the 2 points per game, and ultimately top 2 form. Our home advantage is killing us. If we fix that, then there’s no reason we can’t make a push for the top 6.

Our home form is almost historically bad for us.  We've lost 6 games already and the most we've lost for 30 years is 7, once or twice, once under Pulis actually.  In fact, we've already lost the same amount of games at home this season as we did last season under Woodgate and Warnock has had 4 fewer games so far. You can broaden that out and say that we've lost 9 home games in less than a season's worth of fixtures under Warnock - 9 defeats in 42 games.  We lost 10 home games in the 1989/90 season when we just avoided relegation to the old third division by way of a comparison.  Miracle worker though, couldn't have done it without him, etc etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Our home form is almost historically bad for us.  We've lost 6 games already and the most we've lost for 30 years is 7, once or twice, once under Pulis actually.  In fact, we've already lost the same amount of games at home this season as we did last season under Woodgate and Warnock has had 4 fewer games so far. You can broaden that out and say that we've lost 9 home games in less than a season's worth of fixtures under Warnock - 9 defeats in 42 games.  We lost 10 home games in the 1989/90 season when we just avoided relegation to the old third division by way of a comparison.  Miracle worker though, couldn't have done it without him, etc etc.

One of things that I’ve noticed this season is the amount of times our players slip over at home. It doesn’t seem to happen away so don’t know what our grounds man is doing 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ABH said:

One of things that I’ve noticed this season is the amount of times our players slip over at home. It doesn’t seem to happen away so don’t know what our grounds man is doing 

Yeah, they shouldn't have hired that dude from Anaheim Mighty Ducks 

Del Aev GIF by HITRADIO RT1

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ABH said:

One of things that I’ve noticed this season is the amount of times our players slip over at home. It doesn’t seem to happen away so don’t know what our grounds man is doing 

Brunners says it's something to do with whatever material is under the pitch I think.  The pitch last night was terrible, and soaked, yet we didn't seem to have the same problems.  But then maybe the players were using different studs for that one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Our home form is almost historically bad for us.  We've lost 6 games already and the most we've lost for 30 years is 7, once or twice, once under Pulis actually.  In fact, we've already lost the same amount of games at home this season as we did last season under Woodgate and Warnock has had 4 fewer games so far. You can broaden that out and say that we've lost 9 home games in less than a season's worth of fixtures under Warnock - 9 defeats in 42 games.  We lost 10 home games in the 1989/90 season when we just avoided relegation to the old third division by way of a comparison.  Miracle worker though, couldn't have done it without him, etc etc.

Tbh I think this season, with teams not having home support, it has massively reduced the advantage that a home team usually gains through fans. Much more level playing field, so perhaps some of the points you mentioned are to do with that. Maybe not. 
It’d be interesting to see how other teams have done in home form compared to previous seasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Tbh I think this season, with teams not having home support, it has massively reduced the advantage that a home team usually gains through fans. Much more level playing field, so perhaps some of the points you mentioned are to do with that. Maybe not. 
It’d be interesting to see how other teams have done in home form compared to previous seasons.

I haven't actually looked.  I suppose the truest test would be if you had a handful of teams playing without fans and all others with fans, then looked at it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Do you think we would be in top 2 if we had Randolph all season?

I think we'd definitely be in the top 6 fairly comfortably, but for top 2 you also need to score goals more consistently.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BoroSmoggie said:

We have got 13 points from our last 6 away league games. Above the 2 points per game, and ultimately top 2 form. Our home advantage is killing us. If we fix that, then there’s no reason we can’t make a push for the top 6.

I think we'll need to win something like 8 pr 9 of the remaining 12 games to get into the playoffs. I don't think there is any chance we are getting into the playoffs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...