• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with 4/10 so far, still allot of improving to be done if we are going to get anywhere near the top 6. I would say we are a mid table team at best on current form

I'll go with 4/10 so far, still allot of improving to be done if we are going to get anywhere near the top 6. I would say we are a mid table team at best on current form

Current form we are 4th from bottom table tells no lies but early days as yet so like Aid 4/10

I'd put a tenner on Cardiff for the title now with CB on loan... 11/1 or even each way...

If they can handle there finance through the season it could be a winner...

Craig Bellamy was on loan to Celtic and was going to win them the league, on the last day of the season he was one on one with Gordon Marshall and fanned about with it and missed, Motherwell went up the other end of the park and scored. They then went on to score the winner and Celtic lost out on the last day! Incidentally it was our wee number 7 who scored twice that day! 1 man doesn't make a team ESP since there is more than meets the eye with their financial status!

It's not just one man, though. They also have Chopra and Whittingham who were two of the Championship's best performers last season - maybe the top two but I haven't got the stats immediately to hand. Then they have Bothroyd banging them in as well, never mind Bellamy!

I think Cardiff could set a Championship goal-scoring record this season.

as soon as we were tipped by the bookies i thought nah we arent gonna win outright. After our initial performances i think i was vindicated a little. This is a much tougher league than people make out and theres a lot more fight and spirit right accross the board.

My pre season predicition was for us to get to the playoffs and then pray for us to win that lottery, if we can build up a head of steam then i can see us fighting for the top alongside cardiff and Forest.

ipswich was dissappointing, chesterfield was a good lift for us and i think we may have turned the corner at leicester which was a hard game.

currently optimistic about the blades on saturday and praying for no more injuries

I don`t think its that tough of a league as people make out, and no different to any other. It`s how you set the stall out that counts. Decisions have to be made as to what one wants to do. Stay in the division and have players that can do well, or up and out of the division using superior players. Premier are far better than championship players. Horses for courses. It`s easy to blame the division for failing. Boro have players suited to the division therefore may do OK but won`t excel.

I don`t think its that tough of a league as people make out, and no different to any other. It`s how you set the stall out that counts. Decisions have to be made as to what one wants to do. Stay in the division and have players that can do well, or up and out of the division using superior players. Premier are far better than championship players. Horses for courses. It`s easy to blame the division for failing. Boro have players suited to the division therefore may do OK but won`t excel.

Good point. Newcastle and West Brom both sussed the championship out last season and the rest they say is history.