oneBoro Forum

Social Media Channel

All,

What's everyone's thoughts on potentially creating a Oneboro channel show on social media such as Facebook? Similar to BorofanTV, Redarmy TV etc.

There is a lot of good posters on here with excellent opinions so I was thinking it would be brilliant opportunity to bring us all together and really show off the forum to the Middlesbrough fan base and further a field public.

A weekly show would give enough material for viewing public to digest and the channel wouldn't grow to be tiresome imo.

I am happy to be part of the channel, but I'd rather not be the lead asking the questions 😂👍

Imo probably best not to do the show on Saturday night straight after a game as people's opinions are usually in the heat of moment.

Anybody interested in this idea?

• Like 3

It's a nice idea, but in my experience, an initial rush of enthusiasm tends to give way to apathy. Plus, as @YusufBoro has found to his cost, well-meaning social media projects can trigger trolling that can demotivate everyone involved.

However, I'm all in favour of any project that elevates OB's public awareness, especially if it stops people visiting platforms like COB, which hardly shows Boro fans in a good light.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Think we've tried this before, but I'd be interested if we could get enough interest from elsewhere!

That's excellent news.

If we could find someone who would be willing to 'Host' the show who is non-biased and see's the fans opinions as well as the clubs, then i think that would give us a excellent platform to work with.

I thought one of the admins would be up for this sort of thing as they do excellent job admining the forum and it could put this forum on the map which could lead to better things.

43 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

It's a nice idea, but in my experience, an initial rush of enthusiasm tends to give way to apathy. Plus, as @YusufBoro has found to his cost, well-meaning social media projects can trigger trolling that can demotivate everyone involved.

However, I'm all in favour of any project that elevates OB's public awareness, especially if it stops people visiting platforms like COB, which hardly shows Boro fans in a good light.

Yeah i agree, but i am sure there is some regular posters on here would like to give their opinion on a greater scale without the worry of the back lash.

Yusuf, is doing a cracking job at promoting the fan base opinions and we should be encouraging more fans to do what hes doing atm.

As always get the one idiot regardless of having a show or opinion on here.

13 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I'd be very interested too. Maybe we can get a zoom meeting set up to discuss things further? 

Yeah that sounds good to me.

Just need to find someone who would be interested in hosting the channel

• Like 1

@Red Rocket and @Tom have always done a good job in that respect. It would be a good way for RR to keep connected to all things Boro when she emigrates too. I know Tom's done some good work with Neil Grainger in the past. Might be a good idea if you could draft him into the equation. I'm sure Yusuf would be keen to contribute.

Edited by Humpty
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Humpty said:

@Red Rocket and @Tom have always done a good job in that respect. It would be a good way for RR to keep connected to all things Boro when she emigrates too. I know Tom's done some good work with Neil Grainger in the past. Might be a good idea if you could draft him into the equation. I'm sure Yusuf would be keen to contribute.

Let me know what you want me to do and I will try see if I can help in anyway UTB

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Humpty said:

Same thoughts as you Matt, mentioned this to DL when he got in touch about the subject.

Needs solid thinking and commitment though could be good fun, we need a host who comes over with a touch of refinement and lots of self confidence so CT shoud do nicely!

• Haha 1

One thing I quite enjoyed doing was live tweeting an away day on behalf of OneBoro. I think it was Wolves and Monks first game. Only problem was that the signal died as soon as I got in to Molineux. Might give all forums members an opportunity to be involved and it can be a little less 'invasive' than a podcast etc.

• Like 1