oneBoro Forum

Next seasons manager....

Still seems a bit up in the air wether warnock will be here or not, one week he sounds like he wants to stay then he sounds like he’s off. I’m in 2 minds, I can see the benefits of keeping warnock but equally the benefits of getting someone new in.

from the obvious out of work managers there are the ambitious and unlikely options. All did well in the championship but didn’t really help their reputations in the premiership. I don’t think we’d have a chance with any of them but you never know if gibson decides to put up the cash...

Eddie Howe

Marco Silva

Frank Lampard

More realistic options:

Wagner

Paul Cook

wildcard option:

Gareth Ainsworth

Personally interested to hear people’s wildcard options as there’s nothing to exciting in the realistic but obvious options.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The average life of a Championship manager is measured in months rather than years. I get the desire for a long term plan but we had one supposedly with Woodgate and that didn't last for long and wors

Can't believe you're even moaning about the club in a hypothetical situation where we did get promoted. We're in the Championship, the Europa League is irrelevant to us. The club should plan

Why do youngsters like you and @Brunners have to Americanise everything? Could you not say preparing to play Hurling 🤷‍♂️ @boroie and @Leesider back me up here 😃

Moaning about Warnock's football and then wanting to bring in David Wagner, he who managed the only Championship team to ever get promoted with a negative goal difference. 😂

Wouldn't want any of those choices, I don't like Eddie Howe, I don't think Lampard was impressive at Derby or at Chelsea, Marco Silva has never done anything anywhere and has frequently failed, Paul Cook is about to become Ipswich manager (though I wouldn't mind him).

Lampard and Howe are two I'd probably warm to if the football was good.

Edited by TeaCider24

I would love the Barnsley manager, Valerian Ismael, based on this season, but it's not out of the realms of possibility that he'll get promoted with them and I doubt Gibson would try to poach him regardless.

But I think it will be Warnock still next season, and I'll be happy with that as long as he's actually fully motivated and committed, his age is the only drawback for me.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1

If we want a complete breakaway from the style we play at the moment, Howe would be top of my list he's got some experience behind him in the Championship and also the Premier league too. If he came I hope we'd give him time and hopefully it would turnout more like his time at Bournemouth than Burnley.

Other than that, not sure if they are realistic but Michael Reiziger or Hannes Wolf. Both have experience at youth level in terms of developing players for the first team and bringing them through. 

Or a bit of a curveball I actually think David Artell at Crewe has done a really good job with them. They play decent football and have a strong academy focus (of which he was involved). Plus he's got them promoted from League 2 and they are currently mid table in League One, all whilst being on the brink of dropping out the football league when he took over.

• Like 1

Reiziger would be a good shout. Knows the club. 

There's maybe a possibility Brighton *** the bed and get rid of Potter if they get sucked towards relegation. He'd be my ideal candidate. Brighton play some nice stuff but seem to be let down by their *** poor forwards. A problem that's much easier solved at our level. 

I think Warnock will stay on. 

That said, McCarthy, Pearson, Big Sam, Bruce and Hodgson are all still in the game so that means we have plenty of pendulum swings still possible.

Really don’t want Lampard not sure we would be a good fit and still haven’t made my mind up on how good a job he did at Derby or Chelsea.

In terms of left field Micheal Reitiger but that would be another swing of the pendulum. I wouldn’t be against Boro being a hybrid of Brentford and Ajax.

20 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Reiziger would be a good shout. Knows the club. 

There's maybe a possibility Brighton *** the bed and get rid of Potter if they get sucked towards relegation. He'd be my ideal candidate. Brighton play some nice stuff but seem to be let down by their *** poor forwards. A problem that's much easier solved at our level. 

Potter would be excellent but they would be stupid to get rid of him imo.

• Like 1

I think Warnock will stay and I am ok with that for two reasons:

1. Discussing managers who in a job is a non-starter as Gibson has NEVER appointed a manager who was at time manager of another club? That to me is not a coincidence so that particular conversation has zero mileage for me.

2. That leaves us discussing REALISTIC OUT OF WORK MANAGERS. I don't class Howe and Lamps as realistic. Of the other out of work managers i don't think there many that would be able to better the job NW has done thus far within the framework our club has to work at.

For that reason whilst am not ecstatic about NW staying i am certainly content with it as he better than what has come before him 

I am confident with a full summer of planning we can better this seasons showing and if we do that that would make us genuine play off contenders and not outside play off contenders that we currently are.

• Like 1

One of the following:

George Friend - player manager,

Howson - player manager,

Downing,

Cattermole,

Andy Preston,

Bob Mortimer,

Chubby Brown,

Yusuf.

• Haha 2
54 minutes ago, Duvel said:

One of the following:

George Friend - player manager,

Howson - player manager,

Downing,

Cattermole,

Andy Preston,

Bob Mortimer,

Chubby Brown,

Yusuf.

I thought the criteria for ex players was cb’s only (Woodgate, Mogga, Southgate)