• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The average life of a Championship manager is measured in months rather than years. I get the desire for a long term plan but we had one supposedly with Woodgate and that didn't last for long and wors

Can't believe you're even moaning about the club in a hypothetical situation where we did get promoted. We're in the Championship, the Europa League is irrelevant to us. The club should plan

Why do youngsters like you and @Brunners have to Americanise everything? Could you not say preparing to play Hurling 🤷‍♂️ @boroie and @Leesider back me up here 😃

On 3/2/2021 at 7:37 PM, DanFromDownSouth said:

Could go for his successor at Ostersunds Ian Burchnall. The season after Potter left he basically got exactly the same points and position in the league as they did the season before. The 2nd season was marred by off field issues, the chairman getting jail time amongst a lot of uncertainty.

A decent call - but, as always, Gibson won't chas3 a guy who's already in a management job. So we can almost certainly discount brining in a young, blossoming boss from a lower level - which would be my personal preference. Someone like Ryan Lowe would be on my list, or try to tempt Valérian Ismaël from Barnsley - but I can't see it with Gibbo.

I don't see names like Howe or Lampard being realistic options. And without poaching, there's not much available. My bet would be we end with an appointment like David Wagner or Mark Hughes and just follow along that similar, well trodden path. 😑

On 3/2/2021 at 8:37 PM, DanFromDownSouth said:

Could go for his successor at Ostersunds Ian Burchnall. The season after Potter left he basically got exactly the same points and position in the league as they did the season before. The 2nd season was marred by off field issues, the chairman getting jail time amongst a lot of uncertainty.

He dont play potter football though. Will not be a change to what we have. He is a typical brittish manager....

I don't like our inconsistency this season, but he's taken us from relegation threatened to just outside the top 6. I can handle one more season if we can sort out our consistency.

• Like 4

Not surprised with how he has been talking and I really don’t mind this.

Pleased it’s been sorted out early so we can have a full preseason and hopefully identify targets now for the summer.

Better than waiting for Warnock and co to leave spend all summer looking for options before appointing Howson and then missing out on transfer targets in the remaining three days of the window.

• Like 1

I'm ok with it. It just feels all a little... 'short term'. I hope there's a genuine plan in place to move things forward after next season, come rain or shine. 

• Like 3