oneBoro Forum

Next seasons manager....

Yeah it was inevitable tbf. The way he's been talking for weeks and he was never going to bow out behind closed doors with no fans.

I'm still behind Warnock because of what he's done for the club and we are getting results more than we are losing but performances have to improve if he wants to get fans behind him because the football we are playing is shocking. (Has been since Karanka left us when we got promoted).

I wanted change of direction last summer but once that didn't happen I accepted we would have Warnock for 2 seasons with no fans inside the ground this season.

I know its inevitable but I just don't want to see journeymen like Hoillet join us in the summer. Going to be a complete waste as I can't see him staying beyond end of next season.

4-3-3 next season with a big target man striker. Can't wait to see the attacking football at the riverside next season.

Football won't be great, but he will bring results like he's done since he joined the club.

Edited by diggerlad07
  • Like 2
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The average life of a Championship manager is measured in months rather than years. I get the desire for a long term plan but we had one supposedly with Woodgate and that didn't last for long and wors

Can't believe you're even moaning about the club in a hypothetical situation where we did get promoted. We're in the Championship, the Europa League is irrelevant to us. The club should plan

Why do youngsters like you and @Brunners have to Americanise everything? Could you not say preparing to play Hurling 🤷‍♂️ @boroie and @Leesider back me up here 😃

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

I'm ok with it. It just feels all a little... 'short term'. I hope there's a genuine plan in place to move things forward after next season, come rain or shine. 

We both know there won't be unfortunately. There never is.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I'm ok with it. It just feels all a little... 'short term'. I hope there's a genuine plan in place to move things forward after next season, come rain or shine. 

I think that will depend what happens next season. If we get promoted I think Warnock will have another season.

I think Warnock has been very clear that both he and SG know where the squad needs improving.  I think he has improved the squad since coming.  Clearly hasn't got in as many in key positions or key targets.  Hopefully he has been given some assurances moving into next season.  

1st Year - Keeps us up

2nd Year - Top Ten on edge of playoffs

3rd Year - pushing for promotion

That seems a much more complete cycle to me than if he had left at the end of this year.

• Like 1

Gutted by this news. Club once again shows no ambition or long term thinking. Even if Warnock DOES get us up next year, what's the end goal? He never keeps teams up. He doesn't build teams to play the modern game, and you can't stay up in the Prem anymore by playing ****house basic kick and run football (as Allardyce is finding out this season).

Warnock's time at this club ends with us mid table in the Championship, one way or another.

I think he's been given it too soon, personally. I really don't give much credence to the idea he should get a lot of credit for 'taking us from relegation to the top 10' or whatever, we should never have been down there to begin with, all he's done so far is get us back on track to where we were which is sitting around the play-offs. Turning the actively sinking ship on its head at the end of last season was one thing and one thing I do give him credit for but we weren't sat in the relegation places at the start of this season.

I still 100% believe a manager of Warnock's calibre should have us in the play-offs come the end of the season, I really don't think our squad is that bad or that beyond improvement from last summer onwards. I'll still be happy enough if he does get us there this season. I'm less confident now that he will than I was earlier but if he does, fair enough, whatever happens in the play-offs give him another year. If we finish outside, I won't be too happy with it... but it is, as they say, what it is.

One positive is at least we know what the plan is next year. And for what it's worth, I agree with @TeaCider24, I'm also glad he'll get a chance to manage in front of the fans because one way or another, he'll know what a lot of fans are thinking in real-time and it'll be interesting to see how he deals with that.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Duvel said:

What will be the 'icing on the cake' then? 

A new striker? New keeper? The loan players back for next season? 

All 3 of those options I would say

• Like 2